thereyougo

In USA and married with my american girl

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
i was taking my drivers lessons in portugal i payed around 1000usd for that and i did not finished my drivers lessons neither i got my drivers lessons ,i also have a portuguese bank account, my portuguese cell phone number still,and i did not knew my girl before i came here,i have the flight ticket bak to portugal aswell,i got interviewed u know when i got in usa ,they asked me wat i was my propose and i said the real thing ,spend some holidays in usa as i was stressed in portugal and needed holidays...and if i knew her before come to usa wouldnt that mean i was itending to get in usa to marry with her?and again i married wiht her after that 2 months period that i already heard before that time things might get suspecious...well let me know as i also have many pics with my girl already before and now after we married...

well if you can provide irefutable evidence of this (highlighted section) it would be pretty convincing of a lack of intent

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What about marrying a stranger 72 days after arrival? That won't be suspicious?

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

is it really any different than a two day meet up and quicky marriage in a foreign country and then file for a spousal visa? or a one week romeo to a foreign land and then a K-1?

YMMV

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

so let me ask u a question,either way if i prove or not i knew my girl before i got there is relevant to the case?

because first some people say if they knew each other before they married and got there without the k3 visa that will be suspucious ,now i also hear that if they didnt knew before i got in here they also say its really suspecious?im confused

Timeline

bottom line is that you will be interviewed and at that time you need to establish the presence of a bonafide marriage relationship... If you can do that all will be good... if you cannot then you will have issues... it is up to you regardless of what any naysayers might say... if they get you to think, then they have done you no harm...

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

It's a catch-22 - knowing the spouse before you arrive in the US can seem like intent to stay, not knowing them before you arrive is no intent (if provable that meeting only occurred after entry) but can seem like a less real marriage. So which is better?

I thought (from reading the adjudicator's field manual) that the IO could only base their judgment on the evidence that the marriage was real, not the long-term viability of the marriage. So if the marriage is real, you will be able to produce evidence that it is, regardless of how long you knew each other before you got married.

IMHO the fact that the you didn't know your wife before entering is a factor in your favor, as it shows lack of intent to remain. It's not unheard of for people to get married after only a short time knowing each other, or comparatively young, so I don't think that's such a great problem, as long as there is good evidence that the marriage is indeed bona fide. Also, you come from a European country with a good standard of living, so there is no obvious advantage to you being in the US apart from being with your wife.

Removing conditions:

10/9/10 - Package sent to Vermont

10/13/10 - NOA1 date, received 10/18

Timeline

thanks again for the help i got scared,so i will have around 6 months or so till the interveiew to collect things such as joint bank accounts,lease of a apartment with our names ,more photos,letters of others ppl we did not intend to marry and all that correct?

Timeline

Yes, the evidence of a bona fide marriage is needed at the interview. You do need a few things for when you send off the AOS forms, check out the instructions. We sent just a copy of the joint apartment lease and paid with a joint check, that was all. Collect as much evidence as you can before the interview, which should be in 4+ months after you apply.

Removing conditions:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, you need to show that you have a bonafied marriage. So you need to send pictures, e-mails, lease agreements, etc.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

From the 1-130 instructions:

'You should submit one or more of the following types of documentation that may evidence that bona fides of your marriage:

E. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or

F. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or

G. Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources; or

H. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together; or

I. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship. (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or

J. Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.'

Hope that helps :)

Removing conditions:

Timeline

thanks again ,yes helped and i will get all those documents easily and jon why you have this 1/22/08 - Marriage at 2 days notice with only 2 guests!

6/25/08 - AOS packet received in Chicago

i mean it tooked longer for u to send the AOS package?when u send it didnt already passed that 3 months as u were under the VWP aswell?as i need some help filling the documents as i dont understand some questions in there...

Timeline

We got married at short notice as we didn't intend to marry when I arrived, so it was a pretty last minute decision! My VWP expired on 1/31, so we did get married before it expired, just couldn't file. We left it so long to file for AOS as we didn't have the money - Jon (USC) had an accident at work and had to have spinal surgery, so was out of work for 4 months. Unfortunately just before this, the car's engine died, so between these 2 things, we didn't have the money to spare :( I would not recommend leaving it as long as we did, but we had no choice - had these things not happened, we would have filed much sooner, I hated that we had to leave it so late.

Removing conditions:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.