jski37

We got approved also :)

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My SO and I got to the Embassy at 7:30 for a 7am appointment. We waited outside for about 40 minutes, we got to the front and I showed a email with the interview date because we never got our Packet 4. They let us in after checking her name.

We had to show the email again when we got to the area where they check documents. They gave us a number and we waited in Area A for about an hour. We were called up to window 5 and presented our documents (W2, tax return, etc...) and did her finger prints, after we paid for our visa and showed the receipt they told us to go to section C window 17 and wait for someone, we waited 5 minutes and a man came with our folder and asked to take her finger prints again (weird), and told us to wait in area A again, so we waited for about an 1 hour till our number was called again. We went to the american white lady and I kid you not she did not ask my SO any questions at all. She asked me if I had kids and I said yes, then she cancelled her B1 and crew visa and told her to come back on Thursday for her K1 Visa. ( I just spoke to her she have it hand, the few couples that got approved were told to go to airpak) and we left. We werent at her window more than 3 minutes.

Now I am just as perplexed as to why she didnt ask her any questions. My theory is the man we saw at section C was watching us over the cameras, because the other couples did not go to section C and we were doing a lot of PDA (Public Display of Affection) and they approved us based on that or because I work for the government in the US and they see it on my file or maybe we were just plain lucky, I am not sure what happened but I am thankful she is approved.

Regards

J-ski

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Lots of great news today. Congratulations!!

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

Jski Congrats again. I'm so happy for you.

We had to go to window 17 for fingerprints also, but only one set of fingerprints were done. We never left section A either besides to get the fingerprints done.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Timeline

CONGRATS JSKI....I'm so happy for you two. I told ya'll they watch you on the cameras...

The day I had our interview we played tic tac toe for about 2.5 hours and the supervisor told me that I should let my fiance win sometimes, I just smiled and gave him a puzzling look. There no way they could have know that unless they saw that through the cameras....anyhoo...CONGRATS again.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Jski, I knew that was you!! I think they just know who they are gonna approve way ahead of time from your initial filing. We had a couple simple questions but it was in vain, cause the same White lady was already handling my husband passport with the pink slip while we answered her. She already knew we were approved when we got up there. I think everybody on K1 goes to that other window, cause I saw most others go there too.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, i just read that she got her visa already!! taht was quick. Did she get it in Kingston? Did you 2 have to go to airpak? I wonder if my husbands is ready? I saw yall walking up the road when we were in the pastry shop. I was gonna call out to you but missed you.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Ok, i just read that she got her visa already!! taht was quick. Did she get it in Kingston? Did you 2 have to go to airpak? I wonder if my husbands is ready? I saw yall walking up the road when we were in the pastry shop. I was gonna call out to you but missed you.

Marlita at the interview they told her to come back today to pick it up. They gave her a blue slip with the day and time on it and said to show it to the security guard. I wished you would of called out to me. We went to the dragon chinese restaraunt around the corner to celebrate I would of invited you to start the celebrations :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats! :thumbs::thumbs:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

Thank you all for the big ups, and island women it didnt work out with the job she has to quit her job before her 10 yr anniversary that sucked but we made a decision to move on with the interview and not muck around with it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.