MrsRowe

OKAY GUYANESE! GET OUT HERE!

315 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
mRSROWE UR FUNNY :lol: I wonder why it takes so long for u guys..man !

The problem was that my husband is a chronic procrastinator and very stubborn, the bad news is that our daughter is just like him too. Dealing with both of them sometimes i want to bash my own head against a wall. His passport was expired and damaged. I told him months ago, get it done, get it done. His reply "oman, stap fryin yu fat". His mother told him the same thing, his reply was the same. He was on vacation for three weeks and didn't bother to go and get it done because the line was too long. :bonk: I wanted to reach through the phone and clobber him. As it so happens, the moment he came out of vacation, we got approved. Then one he finally was able to go do his passport, it took two weeks to get it back. He went to do the police clearance the same day he got back the passport and he thought he was going to be able to pick it up that Monday but he didn't go and pick it up, so he went the last week THursday. By then he had everything done and ready but never mailed the stuff out until yesterday morning. This is why i like dealing with him in person cause i am more affective then, the curse words on the phone are just not as affective as the fingers and mouth going at the same time. :rofl:

I-130 for Two Step Children

App Recieved by USCIS: April 13, 2010

Notice Date: April 19, 2010

Notice Recieved: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 22, 2010

Approved:September 28,2010

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hey Onekea,

My husband finally mailed out his DS230 this morning via DHL and it should be delivered by Thursday, which means they won't touch it until next week sometime, i guess by the end of next week i will know if we are complete or if we have to provide something else or more info. I know we will not be interviewed until January anyway, so i have reserved to that.

That's great. I'm so happy for you!!! I pray its goes through without a hitch.

Girl, January sounds great!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Thank you for the support Yardies!!!

Thanks we will need it when we eventually get to the dreaded "EMBASSY" Insert scary music here.... :lol: They are like tigers waiting for a prey i hear but we have lots of evidence, so God is on our side. If our 3 year daughter is not enough evidence of relationship then i don't know what is. I am just hopign that everything goes over great. Your time is coming too, don't worry. It will happen soon. I will stick around to help you through so you can know what to expect.

Same here, thanks Yardies. :yes:

Hey Onekea,

My husband finally mailed out his DS230 this morning via DHL and it should be delivered by Thursday, which means they won't touch it until next week sometime, i guess by the end of next week i will know if we are complete or if we have to provide something else or more info. I know we will not be interviewed until January anyway, so i have reserved to that.

Mrs. Rowe I see that your husband did his job well. I pray god that you get your interview for January.

Thanks. he finally did. I was beginning to think i would have to jack him up.

Girl, your husband was really "meking joke" over there. All that you were waiting at VSC? He lucky you were not there to jack him up for real...lol

Honestly, I am not afraid or nervous about the USCIS and NVC part...its just a messed up waiting game. But the embassy...lord the Embassy...thats where my knees will begin to shake. They really trippin over there from what I hear...sending people to interview people in the village and all sort of nonsense. My cousin case is all messed up because of that and some other stuff... but they sent someone to ask about the marriage in the village and them bad-minded people said it was a business arrangement.... :blink:

What kind of evidence are you sending? I'm trying to get some of mine together now since I'm going in December so I can leave it with my husband.

Thanks in advance for sticking around...

Well, i am getting all kinds of evidence together.

I have 1)Pictures: Of us together, general pictures, pictures of our engagement ceremony, pictures of our daughter with him, wish us, with his sons, his mother, nephews, etc, pictures of our wedding.

2)Letters

3)Cards

4)Copies of flight tickets/itineraries

5)Boarding Pass stubs

6)An original copy of our daughter's birth certificate, we had it updated to have his name cause they woudln't let me do it at her birth cause we were not married as yet. I will include a letter to explain this.

7)Her offering up Certificate with his name on it as her father

8)Cards she sent him, cards he sent her

9)A letter from my job stating that he is one of the beneficiaries of my life insurance

10)A copy of my Social Security Card to prove that my last name has changed.

11)Copies of money transfers

12)Used phone cards

That's what i have so far, i really cannot think of what more they would need.

Edited by MrsRowe

Timeline
Hey Onekea,

That's great. I'm so happy for you!!! I pray its goes through without a hitch.

Girl, January sounds great!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Thank you for the support Yardies!!!

Thanks we will need it when we eventually get to the dreaded "EMBASSY" Insert scary music here.... :lol: They are like tigers waiting for a prey i hear but we have lots of evidence, so God is on our side. If our 3 year daughter is not enough evidence of relationship then i don't know what is. I am just hopign that everything goes over great. Your time is coming too, don't worry. It will happen soon. I will stick around to help you through so you can know what to expect.

Same here, thanks Yardies. :yes:

Hey Onekea,

Mrs. Rowe I see that your husband did his job well. I pray god that you get your interview for January.

Thanks. he finally did. I was beginning to think i would have to jack him up.

Girl, your husband was really "meking joke" over there. All that you were waiting at VSC? He lucky you were not there to jack him up for real...lol

Honestly, I am not afraid or nervous about the USCIS and NVC part...its just a messed up waiting game. But the embassy...lord the Embassy...thats where my knees will begin to shake. They really trippin over there from what I hear...sending people to interview people in the village and all sort of nonsense. My cousin case is all messed up because of that and some other stuff... but they sent someone to ask about the marriage in the village and them bad-minded people said it was a business arrangement.... :blink:

What kind of evidence are you sending? I'm trying to get some of mine together now since I'm going in December so I can leave it with my husband.

Thanks in advance for sticking around...

Well, i am getting all kinds of evidence together.

I have 1)Pictures: Of us together, general pictures, pictures of our engagement ceremony, pictures of our daughter with him, wish us, with his sons, his mother, nephews, etc, pictures of our wedding.

2)Letters

3)Cards

4)Copies of flight tickets/itineraries

5)Boarding Pass stubs

6)An original copy of our daughter's birth certificate, we had it updated to have his name cause they woudln't let me do it at her birth cause we were not married as yet. I will include a letter to explain this.

7)Her offering up Certificate with his name on it as her father

8)Cards she sent him, cards he sent her

9)A letter from my job stating that he is one of the beneficiaries of my life insurance

10)A copy of my Social Security Card to prove that my last name has changed.

11)Copies of money transfers

12)Used phone cards

That's what i have so far, i really cannot think of what more they would need.

how are u putting your pics together? an album?

Ok, so far I have pictures, Letters, cards, flight info and boarding passes, letter stating he's a beneficiary on my IRA, copies of money transfers, and phone records that i need to print out.... I didnt even think about the SS Card

Looks like you have enough to me...

mRSROWE UR FUNNY :lol: I wonder why it takes so long for u guys..man !

The problem was that my husband is a chronic procrastinator and very stubborn, the bad news is that our daughter is just like him too. Dealing with both of them sometimes i want to bash my own head against a wall. His passport was expired and damaged. I told him months ago, get it done, get it done. His reply "oman, stap fryin yu fat". His mother told him the same thing, his reply was the same. He was on vacation for three weeks and didn't bother to go and get it done because the line was too long. :bonk: I wanted to reach through the phone and clobber him. As it so happens, the moment he came out of vacation, we got approved. Then one he finally was able to go do his passport, it took two weeks to get it back. He went to do the police clearance the same day he got back the passport and he thought he was going to be able to pick it up that Monday but he didn't go and pick it up, so he went the last week THursday. By then he had everything done and ready but never mailed the stuff out until yesterday morning. This is why i like dealing with him in person cause i am more affective then, the curse words on the phone are just not as affective as the fingers and mouth going at the same time. :rofl:

Definitely more effective for him to see the look on your face when u cuss him.. :rofl:

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

Mrs. Rowe you are a soldier you are truly ready to do the battle. Me I am battling for my husband I pulling out all the stop to get him out of Guyana. Left my husband whiich at the time as my boyfriend 28 years ago when I migrated to USA, things happen and we went our separate way 17 years ago. We both tried having being in other relaltionship they didn't work I even got married that didn't work, he on the other had refused to get married also told me "if I don't marry you I will marry no one" well I always thought that was as we would say "talks" well that man meant that from earth to heaven because he truly waited for me "Blessings". So tell me why I wouldn't turn all stone to ensure that my husband get here as soon as possible I am doing the battle because as the old adage goes love conquers all. So my dear I am in told agreement with you leaving open spaces for the Officers to question without and answer.

I will keep all of you in my prayers because we do need each other. You all has been tremdous support to me without knowing it, and I would like to say thanks to Mrs. Rowe for calling us out..

Don't judge life by one different season. Perserve through the difficult patches and better time are sure to come in time. Always remember that:

(1) Kindness keeps you sweet.

(2) Trials keeps you strong.

(3) Failures keeps us humble.

(4) Success keeps you growing.

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mrsrowe my husband the same way..wait til last minute

when i did our evidence folder i got a compartment plastic folder and labeled each part then put them accordingly

Mrs. Rowe you are a soldier you are truly ready to do the battle. Me I am battling for my husband I pulling out all the stop to get him out of Guyana. Left my husband whiich at the time as my boyfriend 28 years ago when I migrated to USA, things happen and we went our separate way 17 years ago. We both tried having being in other relaltionship they didn't work I even got married that didn't work, he on the other had refused to get married also told me "if I don't marry you I will marry no one" well I always thought that was as we would say "talks" well that man meant that from earth to heaven because he truly waited for me "Blessings". So tell me why I wouldn't turn all stone to ensure that my husband get here as soon as possible I am doing the battle because as the old adage goes love conquers all. So my dear I am in told agreement with you leaving open spaces for the Officers to question without and answer.

I will keep all of you in my prayers because we do need each other. You all has been tremdous support to me without knowing it, and I would like to say thanks to Mrs. Rowe for calling us out..

wow...i thought we had a long merry go round then ended up back togethr God bless u..hope this journey speeds up for u

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

That's a beautiful story....I pray you get your visa soon...

Timeline

Wow, your story is strikingly similar to mine. Michael was my first "everything" if you know what i mean. he was my first boyfriend if you want to call it that cause i was a little kid. I left Guyana when i was 12 years old. Before i left Guyana, i lost my virginity to him and he told me that we would get married someday and that the first time i have a child it would be with him. Well, i got here, we communicated for about 5 years but then got separated with distance and time. He got married, i lived with soemone else eventually but i always wondered what he was doing. Most of my boyfriends were so similar to him. My bestfriend always said that i didn't let go of him but the truth was that i always wanted just him. When i found out he had gotten married, i cried, i felt like he was cheating on me. I tried to forget him. Then one day out of the blue a friend of ours ran into him at home and got his number and gave it to my bestfriend when they came back. She called me on February 8th of 2004 to tell me that she had his number. I was hesitant cause i said he is married but i just had to do it cause i figure maybe talking to him, he was going to say that he is happy with his wife, he jsut wanted to catch up and see how i was doing and all of that stuff cause he was always such a loyal person. I never imagined that i would here that they had separated after just 3 months of marriage that he had all my letters, pictures, cards that i had sent him over the years, every last one. From that day we decided that we were together and his divorce came through a few months later then almost a year after that first conversation i went home, we got engaged in a formal Guyanese engagment ceremony that December and i got pregnant during my month's vacation at home. When i went home, i wanted to see all the letters and he sure did have them. All my letters, cards, pictures, everything i had every sent him. Guyana have an old sayign that you probably know "old fire wood easier to catch" I guess that's how it is. I wish you well, Love does conqour all. Geeze, now i have tears in my eyes.

Timeline

How will i organize the pictures? I really don't know yet, i am thinking maybe an album. I have to send this stuff to my husband so i want to get them organized before i do. I wish i could go home and organize his stuff too cause he is so disorganized but i cannot so i will organize from my end and instruct him on how to put things together, knowing him, he is going to wait until the night before his interview and be searching all over the house for stuff that's right in his face.

That's why for our wedding, i had almost everything organized from here before i went home becasue i was afraid i was going to be planning a divorce before we are even married. :rofl: Myself and his mother, we know how he is so we did as much as we could without him, of course we ended up running around over some things.

Timeline

I am here praying that you maybe able to be there for the interview. Have you had the chance to read the information on the website from the Guyana Embassy...Do take a look www.georgetown.usembassy.gov click on immigration visa link from that page click on interview preparation. Yes I do think that you should put the picture in an album in chronological order and your letters to each also in that order. You know our Guyanese Men are true providers for their families but its "we" that holds the family together they are all the same, when you talk about your husband who would be running around looking for the papers the night before I can picture my husband doing exactly the same thing :rofl:

Well it seems a though we went thru similar paths to get us where we are today, for real "old fire wood easy fa ketch" but they forgot a part only if the emotions are there, what I do know is that what is truly meant to be will be, we can all try to kick against the forces but eventually we have to give in. Do you know how I console myself over the lost years? I say that if we were married when we were younger we would probably be divorced to day...but with the maturity we have we can make it thru the end of time and really live up to our vows "until death do us part".

Thank you Hotlegz & Onekea!!

Don't judge life by one different season. Perserve through the difficult patches and better time are sure to come in time. Always remember that:

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Timeline
I am here praying that you maybe able to be there for the interview. Have you had the chance to read the information on the website from the Guyana Embassy...Do take a look www.georgetown.usembassy.gov click on immigration visa link from that page click on interview preparation. Yes I do think that you should put the picture in an album in chronological order and your letters to each also in that order. You know our Guyanese Men are true providers for their families but its "we" that holds the family together they are all the same, when you talk about your husband who would be running around looking for the papers the night before I can picture my husband doing exactly the same thing :rofl:

Well it seems a though we went thru similar paths to get us where we are today, for real "old fire wood easy fa ketch" but they forgot a part only if the emotions are there, what I do know is that what is truly meant to be will be, we can all try to kick against the forces but eventually we have to give in. Do you know how I console myself over the lost years? I say that if we were married when we were younger we would probably be divorced to day...but with the maturity we have we can make it thru the end of time and really live up to our vows "until death do us part".

You are right, it is usually "we" that keeps it together. I think Guyanese men are used to that anyway. thanks for the tip on pictures, i think I will do just that and then organize the papers nicely too with a cover letter as i ihave done for evreything else. LOL. YOu sure do need the emotion to be there. SOmetimes i think people do stay together because it is just safe after a long time not because they really love each other. That is exactly how i felt when i said my vows. They meant that much more to me after going through all that we did.

Well, NVC finally has my husband's DS230. It was recieved this morning at 10:15AM Whew! Now the wait. I have already called once, i knew it wouldn't be in the system as yet but it was worth a shot. I praying that since it was recieved this morning that they will open it today and look at it tomorrow, long shot i know but i can always hope. Anwway, i will pray, nothing is impossible with God. I will pray for a smooth process for all of us, even with those mean people at the embassy. We have an edge we will be prepared. I think that's the problem with a lot of people too, they were not prepared, we can fix that by sharing information.

Timeline

You are right, it is usually "we" that keeps it together. I think Guyanese men are used to that anyway. thanks for the tip on pictures, i think I will do just that and then organize the papers nicely too with a cover letter as i ihave done for evreything else. LOL. YOu sure do need the emotion to be there. SOmetimes i think people do stay together because it is just safe after a long time not because they really love each other. That is exactly how i felt when i said my vows. They meant that much more to me after going through all that we did.

Well, NVC finally has my husband's DS230. It was recieved this morning at 10:15AM Whew! Now the wait. I have already called once, i knew it wouldn't be in the system as yet but it was worth a shot. I praying that since it was recieved this morning that they will open it today and look at it tomorrow, long shot i know but i can always hope. Anwway, i will pray, nothing is impossible with God. I will pray for a smooth process for all of us, even with those mean people at the embassy. We have an edge we will be prepared. I think that's the problem with a lot of people too, they were not prepared, we can fix that by sharing information.

Your are most welcome. From my experience I know that your case will be completed shortly, next time you call NVC the system will say "CASE COMPLETED" . Yes our men "the family man" is very unique, but me in myself enjoy taking care of my family as I know you do. "EMOTIONS" 8 letters that would make you to anything and everything that is within your power to enjoy your married life to the fullest. Betty Wright said it best "I was learning my man while I was earning my man something you young girls would not understand no pain, no gain". We have earned our men.

With god a the realm he will see us all through this journey...and I pray that we will continue to come to this site even after our processes are completed, so that we will be able to assist others. What we all have chosen to do whether male or female I applauded us.

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Timeline

Your are most welcome. From my experience I know that your case will be completed shortly, next time you call NVC the system will say "CASE COMPLETED" . Yes our men "the family man" is very unique, but me in myself enjoy taking care of my family as I know you do. "EMOTIONS" 8 letters that would make you to anything and everything that is within your power to enjoy your married life to the fullest. Betty Wright said it best "I was learning my man while I was earning my man something you young girls would not understand no pain, no gain". We have earned our men.

With god a the realm he will see us all through this journey...and I pray that we will continue to come to this site even after our processes are completed, so that we will be able to assist others. What we all have chosen to do whether male or female I applauded us.

Thanks. I hope you are right. I will keep praying that it is. You are so right, we have "earned" them. now i just want to enjoy my earnings :D

Correct. We should continue here, helping others. Too many Guyanese have no idea what to expect.

Timeline

Too true...one of the members here said that they were having their interveiw in October..but thus far we haven't heard from that person..I trust that he/she will read this and wouldn't mind sharing the experience with us.

Thanks. I hope you are right. I will keep praying that it is. You are so right, we have "earned" them. now i just want to enjoy my earnings :D

Correct. We should continue here, helping others. Too many Guyanese have no idea what to expect.

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hi all,

Good luck to all going thru this. My hubby is Guyanese, from LaGrange, and we are just now petitioning for his stepchildren.

I am not sure at all what process they have to go thru over there. We filed in October, and since my hubby is not yet a citizen, I filed for them as my stepchildren. Hope they dont have to go thru a nightmarish procedure or anything. Sounds like the embassy people are sure power hungry at times.

Take care and nice to meet you all.

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.