315 posts in this topic

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hey Onekea,

My husband finally mailed out his DS230 this morning via DHL and it should be delivered by Thursday, which means they won't touch it until next week sometime, i guess by the end of next week i will know if we are complete or if we have to provide something else or more info. I know we will not be interviewed until January anyway, so i have reserved to that.

I-130 for Two Step Children

App Recieved by USCIS: April 13, 2010

Notice Date: April 19, 2010

Notice Recieved: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 22, 2010

Approved:September 28,2010

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hang in there guys. I wish you all the best of luck.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hey Onekea,

My husband finally mailed out his DS230 this morning via DHL and it should be delivered by Thursday, which means they won't touch it until next week sometime, i guess by the end of next week i will know if we are complete or if we have to provide something else or more info. I know we will not be interviewed until January anyway, so i have reserved to that.

That's great. I'm so happy for you!!! I pray its goes through without a hitch.

Girl, January sounds great!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Thank you for the support Yardies!!!

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline
Hey Onekea,

Mrs. Rowe I see that your husband did his job well. I pray god that you get your interview for January.

Don't judge life by one different season. Perserve through the difficult patches and better time are sure to come in time. Always remember that:

(1) Kindness keeps you sweet.

(2) Trials keeps you strong.

(3) Failures keeps us humble.

(4) Success keeps you growing.

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Timeline
Hey Onekea,

Thanks we will need it when we eventually get to the dreaded "EMBASSY" Insert scary music here.... :lol: They are like tigers waiting for a prey i hear but we have lots of evidence, so God is on our side. If our 3 year daughter is not enough evidence of relationship then i don't know what is. I am just hopign that everything goes over great. Your time is coming too, don't worry. It will happen soon. I will stick around to help you through so you can know what to expect.

Same here, thanks Yardies. :yes:

Hey Onekea,

Mrs. Rowe I see that your husband did his job well. I pray god that you get your interview for January.

Thanks. he finally did. I was beginning to think i would have to jack him up.

I-130 for Two Step Children

App Recieved by USCIS: April 13, 2010

Notice Date: April 19, 2010

Notice Recieved: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 22, 2010

Approved:September 28,2010

Timeline
Hey Onekea,

Thanks we will need it when we eventually get to the dreaded "EMBASSY" Insert scary music here.... :lol: They are like tigers waiting for a prey i hear but we have lots of evidence, so God is on our side. If our 3 year daughter is not enough evidence of relationship then i don't know what is. I am just hopign that everything goes over great. Your time is coming too, don't worry. It will happen soon. I will stick around to help you through so you can know what to expect.

Same here, thanks Yardies. :yes:

Hey Onekea,

Thanks. he finally did. I was beginning to think i would have to jack him up.

Girl, your husband was really "meking joke" over there. All that you were waiting at VSC? He lucky you were not there to jack him up for real...lol

Honestly, I am not afraid or nervous about the USCIS and NVC part...its just a messed up waiting game. But the embassy...lord the Embassy...thats where my knees will begin to shake. They really trippin over there from what I hear...sending people to interview people in the village and all sort of nonsense. My cousin case is all messed up because of that and some other stuff... but they sent someone to ask about the marriage in the village and them bad-minded people said it was a business arrangement.... :blink:

What kind of evidence are you sending? I'm trying to get some of mine together now since I'm going in December so I can leave it with my husband.

Thanks in advance for sticking around...

Timeline
mRSROWE UR FUNNY :lol: I wonder why it takes so long for u guys..man !

You know...i was reading over in the Yardie thread how recently some people got through the interview and got approved and got the visa within a few days or weeks... I just wonder what the difference is in Guyana....they put alot of people on AP for months before they give them a definite answer....that scares me...

The funny thing is some people get through really quickly... My family keeps asking me how come we taking so long and so and so got through so fast? Then u hear horror stories of the personal questions that people get asked. All I can do is pray... Pray and make sure I have enough evidence.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Onekea..yes u have to def be strong and just put ur trust in God, if it wasn't for Him sometimes i feel like i wanna give up..or gave up since I'm now done with the process

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Onekea..yes u have to def be strong and just put ur trust in God, if it wasn't for Him sometimes i feel like i wanna give up..or gave up since I'm now done with the process

Believe me some days are tough...but I know this will end soon enough. I'm just praying and thanking God for what we do have in our relationship.

BTW your girls are beautiful!!! :yes:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Believe me some days are tough...but I know this will end soon enough. I'm just praying and thanking God for what we do have in our relationship.

BTW your girls are beautiful!!! :yes:

Thank you!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow, the thought of that is scary - all it could take is interviewing one wrong person who was bitter or wanted to hold someone else down to throw you way off track. Wishing you guys luck!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

The Embassy in Guyana is truly scary they take so long to give you an interview..then the degrading questiong...oh and talk about being jealous the people at the Embassy if you get a native Guyanese to do interview WOW....Some of the questions they ask make you want to use GT bad words you have to try hard to bridle your tongue...I remember having to count to 3 before having to answer that man...and the village people you would think that they would be happy to see one of the villagers leave...Lord...when will the green eye monster die.

Mrs. Rowe your relationship is 100% validated...god is in charge and all is well...

Don't judge life by one different season. Perserve through the difficult patches and better time are sure to come in time. Always remember that:

(1) Kindness keeps you sweet.

(2) Trials keeps you strong.

(3) Failures keeps us humble.

(4) Success keeps you growing.

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.