MrsRowe

OKAY GUYANESE! GET OUT HERE!

315 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hi everyone. Mrs. Rowe things are moving along quite nicely my congressman is now involved with the case and DHS said I should have a response from them the latest September. As I think back on things I have to remember the old adage "Be careful what you ask god for you might well get it" I always ask god to let me raise my son without distraction until he graduates from high school he has done that with honor off to college with full academic scholarship all praises to the most high. Soon I will be able to devote all of my attention to bring my husband home.

Lisa I cannot tell you on this forum some of the things they have asked me but I shall PM you with it. I believe in my heart that you will be able to bring your husband home with you I shall say a prayer for you both.

JulyAugust...you go get them girl bring your husband home. Lizzie sorry I haven't been around as much.

GOod for you Nikki. Glad it's working out. I will say a prayer for you. Hang in there. Congrats to your son and to you for raising such a scholar.

I-130 for Two Step Children

App Recieved by USCIS: April 13, 2010

Notice Date: April 19, 2010

Notice Recieved: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 22, 2010

Approved:September 28,2010

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

Where is everyone? Thank you Mrs. Rowe and I do appreciate you send prayers up for us. LisaR GOOD LUCK with your interview on Friday, my thoughts and prayers will be with you, I am waiting here to hear the good news. JulyAugust I know you are counting down the days until you see your hubby.

Don't judge life by one different season. Perserve through the difficult patches and better time are sure to come in time. Always remember that:

(1) Kindness keeps you sweet.

(2) Trials keeps you strong.

(3) Failures keeps us humble.

(4) Success keeps you growing.

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Timeline

Hi Mrs. Rowe, Nikki, JulyAugust, LisaR sorry if I left anyone out. How is are you guys doing? I just wanted to take this time to wish Lisa all the best for her interview tomorrow. Just like Nikki I will be here waiting to hear the good news.

Edited by lizzie1965

Timeline

Alright ladies, here is the update. We had our joint interview. They went through our picuters over and over again, something about our album was intriguing to them. They passed it around like it was a show. They warned me about fraud several times and asked me if I wanted to talk to a consulate to "protect myself". I was upset. The lady asked me if I was doing anyone a favor. I told her I didn't owe anyone a favor and I was married to my husband because I love him. They told us we would get results in 4-6 weeks. Ugh!!! :bonk::bonk:

Jermaine & Lisa

3dflags_guy0001-0001a.gif & 3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

10/16/07 Married in Georgetown, Guyana - (Grandma's birthday - Thank you grandpa!)

2/23/08 Filed paperwork - yeah!

3/11/08 NOA1(notice date 6/5/08)

6/9/08 NOA2(notice date 6/5/08)

6/13/08 File entered into NVC System

8/21/08 Spoke to NVC - could not understand person on phone - talking in circles about administrative process

9/17/08 Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill

9/17/08 Paid I-864 Bill

9/17/08 Returned Completed DS-3032 - Completed via email

10/21/08 Notification from NVC - DS3032 Received

10/22/08 Paid IV Fee Bill

12/08/08 Waiting for paperwork from my husband.....tick....tock....

3/16/09 Mailed DS230 Package

3/18/09 NVC received package

4/05/09 NVC requested more information

8/3/09 Husband sending documents to me...

5/1/10 Email from NVC with interview date - whoo hoo!

6/1/10 Interview date!

7/16/10 Second Interview - hopefully he will be coming home with me!

8/13/10 Approval letter received, VISA to be picked up on 8/16/10!!!

9/13/10 POE New York...no issues, he'll be in Cali on the 24th!!!

9/24/10 California...finally together at last.

10/13/10 Green card received in mail...whoo hoo...

http://www.3dflags.com/

Timeline

Alright ladies, here is the update. We had our joint interview. They went through our picuters over and over again, something about our album was intriguing to them. They passed it around like it was a show. They warned me about fraud several times and asked me if I wanted to talk to a consulate to "protect myself". I was upset. The lady asked me if I was doing anyone a favor. I told her I didn't owe anyone a favor and I was married to my husband because I love him. They told us we would get results in 4-6 weeks. Ugh!!! :bonk::bonk:

Lisa,

I am so sorry about what happened at your interview. I don't know what is going on with these people. I know that they have a job to do, but I see many people that did not married for love got through and we who love our husbands and they who love us can not get through. But I will tell you that God is good and he always come through. Lisa this is the time for us to pray and believe. Lets release our problems to the Lord and he will take care of it. Have a bless night.

Timeline

Wow!! Oh!! Wow!! is about all I can say check your PM

Don't judge life by one different season. Perserve through the difficult patches and better time are sure to come in time. Always remember that:

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Lisa,

I am so sorry about this. That embassy is rediculous. My goodness. Pray that God helps you.

I-130 for Two Step Children

App Recieved by USCIS: April 13, 2010

Notice Date: April 19, 2010

Notice Recieved: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 22, 2010

Approved:September 28,2010

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I sent letters to two senators and my local congressman. I haven't heard from them yet, but I logged onto the embassy status list and it says we are approved. I was so excited but there was some confusion in the posting so I called on Friday morning and they said we were in fact approved. My husband received his letter also on Friday so Monday he will be going to the embassy to get the VISA....I am so excited. I am not sure if the senators' offices made any calls, but I am so thankful. Now we just have to get him a ticket and he will be here by end of month... :dance::dance::dance:

I have a question for those of you whose husband's have already arrived. How soon after they arrived did their green card come in the mail and did their social securty card come right away also? My husband has a job already lined up but I am not sure how soon he can start due to the green card and social security card.

Thank you to all of you for your prayers and kind words....we will wait for a year or so and go back for our son...just can't leave him there, it will be a struggle but I am ready.

Jermaine & Lisa

10/16/07 Married in Georgetown, Guyana - (Grandma's birthday - Thank you grandpa!)

8/21/08 Spoke to NVC - could not understand person on phone - talking in circles about administrative process

9/17/08 Paid I-864 Bill

6/1/10 Interview date!

Timeline

Hello everyone,

I sent letters to two senators and my local congressman. I haven't heard from them yet, but I logged onto the embassy status list and it says we are approved. I was so excited but there was some confusion in the posting so I called on Friday morning and they said we were in fact approved. My husband received his letter also on Friday so Monday he will be going to the embassy to get the VISA....I am so excited. I am not sure if the senators' offices made any calls, but I am so thankful. Now we just have to get him a ticket and he will be here by end of month... :dance::dance::dance:

I have a question for those of you whose husband's have already arrived. How soon after they arrived did their green card come in the mail and did their social securty card come right away also? My husband has a job already lined up but I am not sure how soon he can start due to the green card and social security card.

Thank you to all of you for your prayers and kind words....we will wait for a year or so and go back for our son...just can't leave him there, it will be a struggle but I am ready.

Hi Lisa:

I am so very happy for you :dance::dance::dance::dance: right along with you my dear. God is good.

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Timeline

I am so happy for u and ur hubby. Maybe this will start good news for all of us in AP. ENJOY EVERY MOMENT TOGTHER.

quote name='LisaR' timestamp='1281813573' post='4129513']

Hello everyone,

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello ladies,

Here is the update and my latest questions...

My hubby entered the US by way of New York on Monday September 13, 2010 :dance::dance::dance: . He had no problems with immigrations or customs and was pretty much rushed through. He had more problems leaving Guyana than anything. Anyway, due to my teaching schedule, I have a two week break coming up on the 24th...so he is hanging out in NY with his aunt and family until the 24th. He will then fly to Cali and we get to spend two weeks together before I have to go back to work. I am so excited, you have no idea. It is killing me that he is in NY right now :bonk: but I am loving being able to talk to him without constant static and dropped calls.

So, here are my questions, for those of you whose husbands are already here:

(1) Did they give your husband any papers from the sealed packet back?

(2) Did you get any orignals back at any time and if so how? I thought we would get birth certificates and such back.

(3) How long did it take for your husbands to get their green card/ssc in the mail?

OK, I think that is it. Keep me posted on how much progress is being made by each of you. Thank you so much for always being there to listen to my whining. I will not be far away, because we are currently going through court proceedings in GT for my step-son...keep in touch!!

Jermaine & Lisa

9/17/08 Paid I-864 Bill

6/1/10 Interview date!

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Are there any Guyanese around, lurking around in here?

Mrs. Thomas

NVC:

02-25-2010 : Received NVC case number, but NVC is closed, so I can't give an operator our emails. :-(

02-27-2010 : Jumped the gun and emailed the VJ version of the DS 3032. Who knows what will happen :-)

03-01-2010 : Gave the operator both emails...waiting on DS3032 kit

03-02-2010 : Received DS3032 Kit; Resent DS3032 (just in case), Received AOS bill.

03-03-2010 : Paid AOS and IV bills; both are IN PROCESS

03-03-2010 : VJ email version of the DS3032 accepted (It was the one that was sent on 02-27-2010)

03-11-2010 : Both AOS + IV showed paid but processed on 03-05-2010 :-)

03-12-2010 : Mailed AOS packet. Waiting on my procrastinating hubby to send me his IV docs :-(

03-15-2010 : AOS signed for by St. Laurent at 10:03 a.m.

07-19-2010 : Received IV documents from hubby (Finally)

07-20-2010 : Mailed IV packet

07-21-2010 : IV Packet signed for by Peters at 10:15 a.m. (St. Laurent and Desmond are probably on vacation lol)

07-26-2010 : NVC starts processing IV Packet

08-20-2010 : Called NVC and was told that we received a "stupid" RFE on 08-18-2010

09-03-2010 : RFE sent to the NVC today....SIF please come quickly.

09-07-2010 : RFE signed for by Desmond at 10:16 a.m.

09-10-2010 : NVC acknowledges receipt of the RFE

09-30-2010 : SIF

10-01-2010 : Case complete as per NVC AVR

10-05-2010 : Interview date assigned for November 29, 2010 at 7:00 a.m. Approved

event.png

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Bump!!! Hello everyone!! Its been awhile since I have been on here I trust that the process is moving forward for everyone waiting for interviews and approvals. Come on out Guyanese we can really help each other out.

• 2 years later...
Timeline

Bump!! Bump!! Hello my fellow guyanese I hope that you all will find some helpful information here.

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.