MrsRowe

OKAY GUYANESE! GET OUT HERE!

315 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline
Hi all,

Good luck to all going thru this. My hubby is Guyanese, from LaGrange, and we are just now petitioning for his stepchildren.

I am not sure at all what process they have to go thru over there. We filed in October, and since my hubby is not yet a citizen, I filed for them as my stepchildren. Hope they dont have to go thru a nightmarish procedure or anything. Sounds like the embassy people are sure power hungry at times.

Take care and nice to meet you all.

Jill

Hi Jill:

Thank you. Immigration for kids is very simple unless. They are really only two criteria when sponsoring stepchildren.

1) You would have to be married to their father before their 13th birthday.

2) The father would of had to sign when they were born...If he didn't then that's where the problem which is more of an expense than a problem because DNA testing would need to be done. Other than that it very smooth sailing for kids.

Oh and I must say that you are some kind of lady for taking on the responsibility of stepchildren.

Don't judge life by one different season. Perserve through the difficult patches and better time are sure to come in time. Always remember that:

(1) Kindness keeps you sweet.

(2) Trials keeps you strong.

(3) Failures keeps us humble.

(4) Success keeps you growing.

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
Hi all,

Good luck to all going thru this. My hubby is Guyanese, from LaGrange, and we are just now petitioning for his stepchildren.

I am not sure at all what process they have to go thru over there. We filed in October, and since my hubby is not yet a citizen, I filed for them as my stepchildren. Hope they dont have to go thru a nightmarish procedure or anything. Sounds like the embassy people are sure power hungry at times.

Jill

Hi Jill:

Thank you. Immigration for kids is very simple unless. They are really only two criteria when sponsoring stepchildren.

2) The father would of had to sign when they were born...If he didn't then that's where the problem which is more of an expense than a problem because DNA testing would need to be done. Other than that it very smooth sailing for kids.

Oh and I must say that you are some kind of lady for taking on the responsibility of stepchildren.

I am sure you will be fine. It sounds pretty simple.

I have two stepchildren of my own that i will be filing for in January or 2009, i hope it will be an easy process for you.

I-130 for Two Step Children

App Recieved by USCIS: April 13, 2010

Notice Date: April 19, 2010

Notice Recieved: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 22, 2010

Approved:September 28,2010

Timeline
Hi all,

Jill

Hi Jill:

I am sure you will be fine. It sounds pretty simple.

I have two stepchildren of my own that i will be filing for in January or 2009, i hope it will be an easy process for you.

I wish god would give me the courage to do the stepchildren thing again. However, I do wish you all the very best of luck

Don't judge life by one different season. Perserve through the difficult patches and better time are sure to come in time. Always remember that:

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Timeline

Good Morning Ladies :)

I hope all is well with everyone. I had to distance myself from VJ for a little while, but I'm back.

Well, the not so good news (I won't say bad) is that I haven't heard anything yet about my petitions. :(:pop::clock:

But the good news is I am counting down the days until I see my husband again. I will be in Guyana on December 1st!!! :dance::dance::dancing:

Edited by Onekea

Timeline

I hope all is well with everyone. I had to distance myself from VJ for a little while, but I'm back.

Well, the not so good news (I won't say bad) is that I haven't heard anything yet about my petitions. :(:pop::clock:

But the good news is I am counting down the days until I see my husband again. I will be in Guyana on December 1st!!! :dance::dance::dancing:

Man lucky you. Guyana in December 1st good for you. Enjoy it. Have a drink for me. Don't worry about your case while you are there just have fun.

The good news for me is that my husband sent in his DS230. The bad news was that he sent in a copy of his divorce decree and will be sending the originial tomorrow morning. So we are in for a definite January or February interview. At least that is all we have left to do and then on to the consular stage of it.

Timeline

I agree with Mrs. Rowe do enjoy yourself....leave the rest to god he is working hard for all of us. Talk about a lucky lady having the privilege of being in Guyana for December. :dance:

You are all in my prayers...

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Timeline

Thanks Ladies!!

I will enjoy sweet Guyana for the three of us. And hopefully I will come home to a surprise in the mail.

MrsRowe...not happy u got a RFE, but thank God that's all they want. You're on your way to case complete!!

Nikitadoo...have you heard anything? Did they give you any idea how long you will be waiting?

Any ideas for some things to do while I'm in Guyana? The last times I was there I was either in the village all the time or running around Georgetown getting stuff for my wedding. This time we're gonna relax and have fun...

Timeline
Thanks Ladies!!

I will enjoy sweet Guyana for the three of us. And hopefully I will come home to a surprise in the mail.

MrsRowe...not happy u got a RFE, but thank God that's all they want. You're on your way to case complete!!

Nikitadoo...have you heard anything? Did they give you any idea how long you will be waiting?

Any ideas for some things to do while I'm in Guyana? The last times I was there I was either in the village all the time or running around Georgetown getting stuff for my wedding. This time we're gonna relax and have fun...

Yes my dear..Enjoy!! Enjoy!! Enjoy!! We will keep you in our prayers, praying for you to get your suprise upon your return. What is it that you like to do? Upon your reply we may have some suggestions. I personally do not do the nightlife because.........you know the answer. I do like day trips to Splashmins, Berbice, Linden, etc. Oh and my biggest entertainment is the seafood, fruits, vegetable top that off with some husband and I am too besides myself with excitement. :yes:

No they did not say how long is the wait. Everytime I email the embassy they send me a generic reply..so for now I have given it over to god with childlike trust knowing that he will take care of it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Be safe we will all be here when you get back.

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Timeline
Thanks Ladies!!

Yes my dear..Enjoy!! Enjoy!! Enjoy!! We will keep you in our prayers, praying for you to get your suprise upon your return. What is it that you like to do? Upon your reply we may have some suggestions. I personally do not do the nightlife because.........you know the answer. I do like day trips to Splashmins, Berbice, Linden, etc. Oh and my biggest entertainment is the seafood, fruits, vegetable top that off with some husband and I am too besides myself with excitement. :yes:

No they did not say how long is the wait. Everytime I email the embassy they send me a generic reply..so for now I have given it over to god with childlike trust knowing that he will take care of it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Be safe we will all be here when you get back.

Thanks for all the prayers..and I am praying for you all too. My husband and I don't do the night life either..just not our style. When I'm there its pretty much like I'm home....relaxing in the house and going to church. Maybe we will go to Splashmin or 63 beach (last time i went there it was nice)....or maybe spend a couple of days at the pool at Pegasus. Yes...I do enjoy all the food and the fruits...and especially the pampering from the husband. (that man really takes care of me)... Well, I guess I kind of answered my own question...we'll just do what comes natural. :thumbs:

I guess you will get a real response and know what is going on when you least expect it....hopefully soon...

Happy Thanksgiving to All.

Timeline

Hey ladies. I hope you all had a great THanksgiving, i was on vacation. Relaxing at home (not guyana).lol. My husband finally sent out his original divorce decree this morning after some confusion. At this rate, we will not make it to the January interview but the February, so i am going home for his interview. I figure it's best so as to prevent any problems. So woohoo, guyana in February and i am not taking our daughter either.lol. Going to have the honeymoon i didn't really have last year.lol. :dance: I know Onekea is living it up at home right now.

Timeline

Hi everyone..Thanksgiving was most enjoyable, trust that you all had a wonderful day. Yep Oneka is probably :dance::dance::dance:

Mrs. Rowe:

I was very happy to learn that you are planning on being at the interview :thumbs: God is good all the time. Enjoy the honeymoon!! reconnecting with your love is wonderful. Little miss will probably have a vacation of her own because her care take will probably spoil her rotten :yes:

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Timeline
Hi everyone..Thanksgiving was most enjoyable, trust that you all had a wonderful day. Yep Oneka is probably :dance::dance::dance:

Mrs. Rowe:

I was very happy to learn that you are planning on being at the interview :thumbs: God is good all the time. Enjoy the honeymoon!! reconnecting with your love is wonderful. Little miss will probably have a vacation of her own because her care take will probably spoil her rotten :yes:

yES,

My mother is going to spoil her rotten but i will also be spoiled rotten by my husband. i am so lookign forward to this. Glad you had a great thanksgiving.

Timeline

Mrs. Rowe:

yES,

My mother is going to spoil her rotten but i will also be spoiled rotten by my husband. i am so lookign forward to this. Glad you had a great thanksgiving.

Praying that your case will be completed shortly. The Xmas season is fastly approaching. I heard from the congressman office the embassy in Georgetown has given them the same generic answer they have been giving me "Your constuitent case is under adminstrative review, we are unable to give you a time when it will be completed". Well you know what I am a prayerful person and I know that my god is doing his perfect work in this situation right now.

The season will keep me very busy because I am GT woman at heart, I have to spring clean in December. It is a jolly good time of the year and I do intend on having fun..inspite of the fact that I will be missy my other half.

Well my dear do enjoy your weekend.

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Timeline

Do you ladies think it will be bad for me to go to GT but not go to the interview with my husband? I am getting anxious and i am kind of afraid of us messing it up. Do you know if they ask the intervewee if their spouse is in Guyana or do they have a way of checking before the interview.?

Timeline
Do you ladies think it will be bad for me to go to GT but not go to the interview with my husband? I am getting anxious and i am kind of afraid of us messing it up. Do you know if they ask the intervewee if their spouse is in Guyana or do they have a way of checking before the interview.?

No there is nothing bad about not going to the interview. Just hope and pray that after he may answer no to you not being in Guyana, that they wouldn't come back with "will have to be reschedule your interview at a time when you spouse will be in Guyana". I read in the Guyana portal on a previous post that one person's sponsor was unable to be there and they reschedule the interview 6 months later take a look at some the posting and then you can make us your mind.

Your are a very articulate person...no reason at all for you to be anxious...

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.