Kevin&Leilei

evidence of ongoing relationship

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks.

There is no engagement ring. I already have lots of evidence of having visited her on four different occasions.

10-28-2008 - I-129F petition in the mail

11-03-2008 - NOA1

03-26-2009 - NOA2

04-23-2009 - P3

06-11-2009 - P4

07-16-2009 - interview - APPROVED

07-22-2009 - visa in hand

08-05-2009 - US entry

09-13-2009 - wedding

10-20-2009 - AOS application in the mail

10-28-2009 - NOA

11-25-2009 - biometrics appointment

12-18-2009 - EAD approved

12-22-2009 - EAD card received

01-28-2010 - interview - APPROVED

02-12-2010 - green card received

11-07-2011 - I-751 petition in the mail

11-10-2011 - NOA

12-30-2011 - biometrics appointment

08-13-2012 - approval

03-28-2013 - N-400 application in the mail

04-02-2013 - NOA

04-30-2013 - biometrics appointment

06-13-2013 - interview - APPROVED

08-26-2013 - oath

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I already put Shenyang on the I-129F as the consulate where my fiancee would apply for her visa. Should I change it to Guangzhou before I send it? I wouldn't want to get an RFE just for something stupid like that.

USCIS will not care what consulate name you put there as they do not have anything to do with that... When it gets to NVC they will assign the consulate. They will note that Shenyang is not valid and change it to the one that has jurisdiction

FWIW, engagement ring receipt does not prove face-to-face meeting...

Yeah.... I mean as additional proof. Of course pictures and etc. are mostly needed too.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
If this is for the initial application they are not interested in evidence of an ongoing relationship, just evidence you have met in the last two years. Stuff like, flight details, boarding passes, passport stamps, atm withdrawals in the country, photos etc. Stuff that prooves you have been together.

Proof of ongoing relationship is not needed until the interview, Save all the emails, chat logs until then.

is it ok to send photocopies (ie. of your credit card statemens) or do you have to send originals?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned www.CandleforLove.com . You are going to want to visit that site and read as much as you can to prepare yourself/your fiance for her interview.

good luck

timeline.jpg

Timeline
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned www.CandleforLove.com . You are going to want to visit that site and read as much as you can to prepare yourself/your fiance for her interview.

good luck

if you want to send copies of pages from your passport, do you need to include the detailed page as well? (ie. the page with the passport holder's photo and info?) .

2) Does the USC fiance need to provide his long form or short form birth cert? he sent in his short form and im worried about an RFE in the future

Timeline
If this is for the initial application they are not interested in evidence of an ongoing relationship, just evidence you have met in the last two years. Stuff like, flight details, boarding passes, passport stamps, atm withdrawals in the country, photos etc. Stuff that prooves you have been together.

Proof of ongoing relationship is not needed until the interview, Save all the emails, chat logs until then.

is it ok to send photocopies (ie. of your credit card statemens) or do you have to send originals?

I am not sure what you are trying to prove with CC statements but nontheless.. copies

YMMV

Timeline

I am not sure what you are trying to prove with CC statements but nontheless.. copies

I was told that credit card statements showing purchases in your fiances country show evidence of being in the same place?

Timeline

I was told that credit card statements showing purchases in your fiances country show evidence of being in the same place?

For that reason I would agree.... It is all about the quality of the evidence and not quantity...

YMMV

Timeline
maybe Quality and Quantity together would be good.

A few pages of quality will do far better than a 1,000 page of #######.

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

copy all pages of your passport

long form bc

from the guides...

11. Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least 5 years or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
maybe Quality and Quantity together would be good.

A few pages of quality will do far better than a 1,000 page of #######.

LOL!! :lol:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I sent my birth certificate as proof of identity, however both my fiancee and myself sent passport pages as proof of having met. We did not include every single page (since it is not to establish identity and mine expires next year), however we did include our photo pages. She even included a copy of the front cover. I thought, "I'll roll with that!" and sent it along with the rest.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I've seen candleforlove.com from another thread. I've just glanced at it so far, but I'll certainly use it to prepare for the interview.

I'm nearly ready to send the petition off to the VSC. Here's what I've got, let me know if there's anything I'm missing:

-check for $455, payable to US Department of Homeland Security

-cover letter listing all contents, with my signature

-I-129F, completed, with my original signature

-supplement, part B, question 18, brief description of how we met, with my signature

-G-325A for myself, all four pages with my original signatures

-passport style photo of myself, in a plastic bag, attached to a sheet of paper

-G-325A for my fiancee, all four pages with her original signatures

-passport style photo of her, in a plastic bag, attached to a sheet of paper

-copy of my birth certificate

-letters of our intent to marry, with our original signatures

-four photos of us together, on separate occasions; names, location, and date written on the back of each

-copies of four airline boarding pass stubs to Beijing

-copies of the visas and four entry stamps in my passport

-copies of four ATM receipts showing withdrawals while in China, spanning a range of dates

-copy of an envelope, showing postmark date, of a Christmas card she sent me (this is the only snail mail I've gotten from her)

-five screenshots from her webcam, spanning nearly a year

-15 pages of emails, spanning the length of our relationship

-20 pages of chat logs, spanning the length of our relationship

I have two exact copies of the entire package (except the check) that I will keep for now.

10-28-2008 - I-129F petition in the mail

11-03-2008 - NOA1

03-26-2009 - NOA2

04-23-2009 - P3

06-11-2009 - P4

07-16-2009 - interview - APPROVED

07-22-2009 - visa in hand

08-05-2009 - US entry

09-13-2009 - wedding

10-20-2009 - AOS application in the mail

10-28-2009 - NOA

11-25-2009 - biometrics appointment

12-18-2009 - EAD approved

12-22-2009 - EAD card received

01-28-2010 - interview - APPROVED

02-12-2010 - green card received

11-07-2011 - I-751 petition in the mail

11-10-2011 - NOA

12-30-2011 - biometrics appointment

08-13-2012 - approval

03-28-2013 - N-400 application in the mail

04-02-2013 - NOA

04-30-2013 - biometrics appointment

06-13-2013 - interview - APPROVED

08-26-2013 - oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.