CJ Vasani

VSC - Update

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys - I see too many people making conclusions on what's going and what should happen next. All things being equal, they are likely to speed up the approvals pretty soon given what they have published and not yet pulled back. I verified this with my congressman.

The immigration director at the congressman's office told me that you have to give them a few days before you can start demanding the justification for what they posted online, since most of the officers don't even know what the latest updated dates until later in the day.

I am sure that by the end of this week and the days to follow, we will consistent speedy approvals out of VSC, and yes, I truly believe that the whole naturalization rush was responsible for the delays!

I will wait out until the end of the week and then start making inquiries. I think calling them too much too often is not gonna help us because from what I have seen they rarely give out any 'real' information over the phone. Whatever's come out of the phone calls is scattered all over the place.

Be patient for a little more - as I tell myself I tell you.

Best to all of us (F)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

FINALLY.... a positive note!!!! Gosh, I swear some people on VJ are so negative! One little piece of good news & BAM...... there goes someone starting with all the pessimism. Listen you guys, I KNOW we are ALLLLLLLLLLLLL going through hell right now being apart from the person that we love most in the world... but come on!!!!!!!! What ever happened to having a little faith, huh? ;) Geez guys.... this is FINALLY some good news for us!!!! :) Cheer up & think positive!!!!!! It's just a matter of time before we're through with all this mess. Let's have a little faith in VSC, alright? ;) I know as of today, I'm changing my way of thinking. I'm sure everything will be fine because I know they are trying their best to get back on track. We just have to be patient & have LOTS & LOTS OF FAITH IN GOD ABOVE!!!! :) Through HIM, all things are possible!!! :) Don't you ever forget that! ;) Love 'ya guys! God bless you ALL!!!! :star:

Edited by inGODShands

In happy moments... PRAISE God.

In difficult moments... SEEK God.

In quiet moments... WORSHIP God.

In painful moments... TRUST God.

At every moment... THANK God.

If God brings you to it, HE will bring you through it.

God does not ALWAYS remove difficulties.

He uses them for our own good and His glory.

Our Timeline:

K-1 Interview------> May 19, 2009

Visa received------> July 20, 2009

US Entry-----------> July 27, 2009

Marriage-----------> July 30, 2009

AOS Filed-----------> October 16, 2009

Biometrics-----------> November 17, 2009

AP received-----------> December 12, 2009

AOS approved-----------> January 12, 2010

Greencard received-----------> January 23, 2010

I-751 Package sent-----------> November 28, 2011

Package received-----------> November 29, 2011

NOA-----------> November 29, 2011

Check cashed-----------> December 1, 2011

EL HAMDULLELAH! =oD

pvog3oc658.png

anmde68d690bf5c310d.gif

2ls6rf4.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
FINALLY.... a positive note!!!! Gosh, I swear some people on VJ are so negative! One little piece of good news & BAM...... there goes someone starting with all the pessimism. Listen you guys, I KNOW we are ALLLLLLLLLLLLL going through hell right now being apart from the person that we love most in the world... but come on!!!!!!!! What ever happened to having a little faith, huh? ;) Geez guys.... this is FINALLY some good news for us!!!! :) Cheer up & think positive!!!!!! It's just a matter of time before we're through with all this mess. Let's have a little faith in VSC, alright? ;) I know as of today, I'm changing my way of thinking. I'm sure everything will be fine because I know they are trying their best to get back on track. We just have to be patient & have LOTS & LOTS OF FAITH IN GOD ABOVE!!!! :) Through HIM, all things are possible!!! :) Don't you ever forget that! ;) Love 'ya guys! God bless you ALL!!!! :star:

thats sweet :thumbs:

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Vasani - Thanks for the update. It feels good to hear this from the congressman. I truly believe that this is it. The time has come before we start seeing approvals left and right.

Whoever read this thread - I request you to be optimistic as your positive thoughts will create positive energy which will only help. I read somewhere that positive thinking gives rise to positive energy and vibration. More the better :)

Timeline

i have a feeling that either VSC is going to start cranking out approvals very very soon or they will start transferring applications again. i have more faith in them starting to bang approvals left and right. Vasani - I am with you on the optimistic path :thumbs:

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Vasani - Thanks for the update. It feels good to hear this from the congressman. I truly believe that this is it. The time has come before we start seeing approvals left and right.

Whoever read this thread - I request you to be optimistic as your positive thoughts will create positive energy which will only help. I read somewhere that positive thinking gives rise to positive energy and vibration. More the better :)

I am positive too !! I'm positive the squeeky wheel gets the grease. and I'm very sure the approvals are soooo close. but if you want your petitions on top of the heap, you better make a little noise for yourself. you are your best advocate. don't go overboard with the calls and letters to your senators and congressmen. but make sure they know who you are and the pain you feel. our congressional inqueiry has already been made. we'll let you know how it turns out.

Edited by ronjie

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

positive thinking and a squeaky wheel got the grease !!! our I129f K3 has been approved 10/20 ....Get ready the approvals are coming !!!

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

great to hear that they have reached our files. i am praying that they approve mine as week as all the others who have waited so long. i think i will wait till a few days more before i begin bugging them. but i have a good feeling that i will be in usa with my hubby for christmas followed by our first anniversary.

no touch yet but the wait wont be long. good luck guys.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

CJ:

Although I appreciate your optimism and the call for positivity that the other people have shown on this site, those of us who are now well outside of the normal processing times and who have been given months of dead end story after dead end story by USCIS have earned the right to vent a little about the process. The reality is, most of the people who are venting right now started out with the same degree of wishful optimism that you and these other posters on this thread did. I know that, for many of these people, including myself, it took being offered a lot of mis-information and hopeful timeframes with nothing to back them up, to get them to the degree of skepticism that they are at. Those people want their spouses as much as you all do - just because they're venting because they feel they've been given the "run-around", doesn't mean that they are any less deserving than those who still wish to have a "rainbows and gumdrops" approach about it.

Now, I will tell you that I completely agree with your point when it comes to the people who have only been waiting 2, 3, or 4 months and are bellyaching. Those people haven't earned the right - yet. But, if you are at 6-plus 7, 8, or 9 months, like many of the people on this website are, you certainly have earned that right.

It really doesn't matter if you have a positive or negative attitude. None of us here knows exactly when we will be approved, and our positive or skeptical feelings aren't gonna put us any earlier or later in the queue. It will happen when it happens.

-CJ (also)

Guys - I see too many people making conclusions on what's going and what should happen next. All things being equal, they are likely to speed up the approvals pretty soon given what they have published and not yet pulled back. I verified this with my congressman.

The immigration director at the congressman's office told me that you have to give them a few days before you can start demanding the justification for what they posted online, since most of the officers don't even know what the latest updated dates until later in the day.

I am sure that by the end of this week and the days to follow, we will consistent speedy approvals out of VSC, and yes, I truly believe that the whole naturalization rush was responsible for the delays!

I will wait out until the end of the week and then start making inquiries. I think calling them too much too often is not gonna help us because from what I have seen they rarely give out any 'real' information over the phone. Whatever's come out of the phone calls is scattered all over the place.

Best to all of us (F)

Timeline

We are the same boat buddy...I am 7+ months into this mess and gone through the roller coaster ride that we all come to 'enjoy' in this time. I have tried the negative approach, but I came to a conclusion, personally, that it was not worth ruining my emotions over this because the eventuality is less likely to change because of this. Long story short, I don't think we should appear to be all happy-go-lucky even after the despicable process that is the spousal visa at VSC. Instead, stay positive with a clear mind and try to navigate the waters and be relentless in chasing down your congressman/senator to spit an answer out of them....

Venting is positive, so nothing wrong there. I was calling for a more patient reaction to the reaction to the new processing times.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

After two contacts with two different Senators, we got two different answers, answers they got from VSC.. After a phone call to a lawyer a third answer had come. After the first and only phone call to VSC last week, we got the information that they had move staffs to another section, from K3...

Its up to everyone too call it negative or the reality in this process...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
CJ:

Although I appreciate your optimism and the call for positivity that the other people have shown on this site, those of us who are now well outside of the normal processing times and who have been given months of dead end story after dead end story by USCIS have earned the right to vent a little about the process. The reality is, most of the people who are venting right now started out with the same degree of wishful optimism that you and these other posters on this thread did. I know that, for many of these people, including myself, it took being offered a lot of mis-information and hopeful timeframes with nothing to back them up, to get them to the degree of skepticism that they are at. Those people want their spouses as much as you all do - just because they're venting because they feel they've been given the "run-around", doesn't mean that they are any less deserving than those who still wish to have a "rainbows and gumdrops" approach about it.

Now, I will tell you that I completely agree with your point when it comes to the people who have only been waiting 2, 3, or 4 months and are bellyaching. Those people haven't earned the right - yet. But, if you are at 6-plus 7, 8, or 9 months, like many of the people on this website are, you certainly have earned that right.

It really doesn't matter if you have a positive or negative attitude. None of us here knows exactly when we will be approved, and our positive or skeptical feelings aren't gonna put us any earlier or later in the queue. It will happen when it happens.

-CJ (also)

Best to all of us (F)

:time:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Best to all of us (F)

Hello fellow VJ'ers, Question: I have been out of touch and now back from Paris, and a bit behind now with processing time, does the USCIS website for processing times showong 6 months mean , that is how long USCIS will take to process a K3 application??? And if that is the case, is it better to file for K3 instead of a CR-1 ?????

Thank you for any input you can give me.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Best to all of us (F)

Hello fellow VJ'ers, Question: I have been out of touch and now back from Paris, and a bit behind now with processing time, does the USCIS website for processing times showong 6 months mean , that is how long USCIS will take to process a K3 application??? And if that is the case, is it better to file for K3 instead of a CR-1 ?????

Thank you for any input you can give me.

Paris Heart

I thought you were approved, Paris?

2/20/2008 Sent I-130 to Chicago Location

2/21/2008 INS received the package (Express Mail)

2/28/2008 Check cashed by NVC

3/3/2008 I130- Received hard copy of NOA1 dated 2/27/08

NVC

9/16/2008 Received by NVC and assigned case #

9/17/2008 Emailed DS3032

9/19/2008 NVC generated DS3032 and AOS

9/22/2008 Mailed DS3032 (overnight)

9/23/2008 DS3032 Delivered to NVC accepted by R. Austin

9/24/2008 Received IIN# by a really cranky rep who didn't had her coffee yet....

9/24/2008 DS3032 accepted

9/24/2008 IV Bill Generated

9/24/2008 Paid AOS & IV online

9/25/2008 AOS marked "Paid"

9/25/2008 Mailed AOS Package (overnight)

9/26/2008 IV marked "Paid"

9/27/2008 IV Mailed

10/2/2008 NVC completed AOS package and IV package entered and being reviewed..

10/7/2008 Case Complete!! (21 Days...not bad!)

10/18/2008 Interview letter received

10/23/2008 1st Medical Exam

10/24/2008 Medical passed!!!!

11/02/2008 Picking up medical report

11/17/2008 Interview!!!!

11/17/2008 Picked up the VISA!!!

12/25/2008 Port of Entry!!!!

01/15/2009 Received Green Card

Removing Condition

10/02/2010 Mailed I751

10/08/2010 NOA1

10/25/2010 Received Biometic Letter

11/18/2010 Biometic Appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.