Eagleeye

Accused of Marriage Fraud!

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

you can thank us all you want. we are just giving our opinion on what we heard from you. we never heard her side of the story. and for all we know you could be a big jerk who provoked all of this on yourself, so don't get too cocky !!!!

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hello to all memebers,

I had posted here some months back regarding my hysterical and vindictive US spouse.I am now at a ponit where i can only hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.we were married june 2007 and three months into marriage noticed signs of mental abuse.(We had a minor misundertsatnding and USC threatens not to file AOS). We some how got through this time and had a happy normal life until i got appraoval notice for CPR-1.

Things got worse when started i applying for jobs to any place she did not approve she litterally threw a fit,calling my family and telling them how "stubborn'' i was.Any misudestatnding we had she would remind me that she brought me here and can take me out.I am not trying to say that i had no flaws but i knew for sure that those threats were totally unwarrnted..... My show of affection and trust naturally dwindled, and you bet things got worse.

We seperated in march 2008 after i confronted her.Telling her that i could no longer put up with the baiting and stipulations or the fear of what harm she could do beacuse of the green card accuired throug marraige.(bear in mind she had conatantly kept very late nights for a whole month) with flimsy exuces.During this confronatation she tried hard to create violenec,threw several object at me ,pushed and yelled,but thanks to God I held my peace and eventually she asked me to leave her house (we had been married for 9 months then and my name was never added to lease).I had no place to go to and was barely a month at work,so i went to a mens shelter (one of the most degrading periods of my life).

A week from this inicdence we were able to come to talking terms.She apologised and begged me to come back home, i refused (probably bull headed of me)But at that time felt the worst,my stand was that she should attend anger mangement classes and we should move into another apartment where we both signed the lease(she refused) and in a week from this she closed our joint account,changed my cell phone voicemail which was i her possesion and reversed my spousal tution discount (she works at a university) and overnight i got a bill for $10,000.00 :help:

all said and done i had to drop out of school as i was in badstanding due to debts.

She refused to coperate at couselling and played the fraud card becuase i would not come home.The couselors were no longer willing to work with us.she and her family treated me like dirt and would not make any attempts to help the situation(their counsel was that they would support their daughter with whatever she decided).This got me thinking these people would be my childerns grandparents.......NOT!

For months later she USC filed for leagl seperation with a claim that she has hope for reconcliation and i counter filed for a divorce.We have no property on children so divorce should be staright foward.But now she accuses me of using her for a green card.I came here on a K1 VISA.I believe with little doubt that she has made up all kind of stories with and told immigration,she is in posseion of my childhood and college pictures and denies having them i have asked her to return them but i guess this is her ways of punishing me for fliling for a divorce.......i think she is seriously confused and mad at herself.

I know i can file for self petition once divorce is final and i would love to stay here in USA if possible but what effect would her false acusation of fraud have on my AOS later on?

Thanks for your suggestions

Remember seeing a commercial on TV where one in ten people have a mental problem, wow, I said to myself, I know hundreds of people, are at least 50 of them nuts? Pardon my lack of proper psychological terms. It was only having marrying a fruitcake that I learned to recognize signs, ha, now I feel about half the people I meet are not playing with a full deck of cards. You learn these chemical imbalances are hereditary so can expect equal problems with your spouses family. Keeping the family together because of the kids is some of the worse advice I have ever received, with normal kids, they really has an adverse affect on them, Thank God she divorced me as that vow for better or for worse was relieved. Was done with women forever until I met my wife, but sure met some dillies in the process, trying to dictate my life and change me. And wasn't easy to keep my kids, people with this condition can also be extremely intelligent and even logical, are very two faced in public acting one way before a judge and completely opposite in private.

You will need an attorney, your case is out of my league as children are not involved, but the deal is to get a court order for a psychological evaluation of your spouse, I had this done on the principle of who gets the kids, not sure how this works if no kids are involved, but would certainly look into it. As a man, you are already behind the eight ball, so it won't be easy. With the USCIS, only have to prove intentions, and your spouse already filed a bunch of forms to this effect, have to keep a clam level head and even wear a suit, you are dealing with attorneys and judges that always wear suits. If a mental condition is shown, may even get an annulment instead of a divorce. Fraud can backfire on your spouse that she should be aware of, while they can only deport you, can fine her for $250,000.00 with five years in prison, she should be aware of that, she did sign the papers.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

ahh he has been on before, looking for ways to jerk her over and then play victim..Uh noo she has not assumed his debt unless she signed the notes..

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Timeline

ahh he has been on before, looking for ways to jerk her over and then play victim..Uh noo she has not assumed his debt unless she signed the notes..

DEC 2004 Approved

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

I don't think that is correct. I believe that some debts commonly incurred by one spouse are the responsibility of both. Although it is possible to shield yourself from that by consent, and you may certainly protect assets by transferring them into a non-debtor spouses name. I think the legal term for this is spousal joint-and-severable liability.

Edited to say that in the instant case, the OP's wife clearly caused the debt by reversing the discount. I would argue that she actually incurred the debt, wich was totally unnecessary (like a credit card). And yes, her liability would be automatic.

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Agree with Brad and Vika on this one. I went through a divorce three years ago. Assets held in my name, her name, or both names were "marital assets". Same thing regarding any liabilities. The only ones that were excluded were any that either of us could definitively prove were brought into the marriage by one of us. Additionally, my attorney had told me any debt incurred by myself or her individually after the divorce complaint was filed could be contested by the other party.

The OP would need to consult with an attorney as the laws vary by state.

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

you can thank us all you want. we are just giving our opinion on what we heard from you. we never heard her side of the story. and for all we know you could be a big jerk who provoked all of this on yourself, so don't get too cocky !!!!

Note that the content of this discussion is not that i assume total innocence in our misunderstandings-It is that the measures she takes to express herself and fix situations is not only detrimental to me but also herself.

Please do not get thinks mixed up all i can get from this message board is suggetsions and opinions.I have been already accused by the one closest to me so you assumptions and accusations can not hurt the more...................No guys am no Victim and would never be thats why i want out!!!!!!!

Timeline

That right poor victim get out and make her pay your tuition and everything.. poor man boy..violins play

DEC 2004 Approved

Stay on topic people. Personal opinion not related to immigration advice is not welcome here.

Thanks,

VJ Moderation

Hello to all memebers,

I had posted here some months back regarding my hysterical and vindictive US spouse.I am now at a ponit where i can only hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.we were married june 2007 and three months into marriage noticed signs of mental abuse.(We had a minor misundertsatnding and USC threatens not to file AOS). We some how got through this time and had a happy normal life until i got appraoval notice for CPR-1.

Things got worse when started i applying for jobs to any place she did not approve she litterally threw a fit,calling my family and telling them how "stubborn'' i was.Any misudestatnding we had she would remind me that she brought me here and can take me out.I am not trying to say that i had no flaws but i knew for sure that those threats were totally unwarrnted..... My show of affection and trust naturally dwindled, and you bet things got worse.

We seperated in march 2008 after i confronted her.Telling her that i could no longer put up with the baiting and stipulations or the fear of what harm she could do beacuse of the green card accuired throug marraige.(bear in mind she had conatantly kept very late nights for a whole month) with flimsy exuces.During this confronatation she tried hard to create violenec,threw several object at me ,pushed and yelled,but thanks to God I held my peace and eventually she asked me to leave her house (we had been married for 9 months then and my name was never added to lease).I had no place to go to and was barely a month at work,so i went to a mens shelter (one of the most degrading periods of my life).

A week from this inicdence we were able to come to talking terms.She apologised and begged me to come back home, i refused (probably bull headed of me)But at that time felt the worst,my stand was that she should attend anger mangement classes and we should move into another apartment where we both signed the lease(she refused) and in a week from this she closed our joint account,changed my cell phone voicemail which was i her possesion and reversed my spousal tution discount (she works at a university) and overnight i got a bill for $10,000.00 :help:

all said and done i had to drop out of school as i was in badstanding due to debts.

She refused to coperate at couselling and played the fraud card becuase i would not come home.The couselors were no longer willing to work with us.she and her family treated me like dirt and would not make any attempts to help the situation(their counsel was that they would support their daughter with whatever she decided).This got me thinking these people would be my childerns grandparents.......NOT!

For months later she USC filed for leagl seperation with a claim that she has hope for reconcliation and i counter filed for a divorce.We have no property on children so divorce should be staright foward.But now she accuses me of using her for a green card.I came here on a K1 VISA.I believe with little doubt that she has made up all kind of stories with and told immigration,she is in posseion of my childhood and college pictures and denies having them i have asked her to return them but i guess this is her ways of punishing me for fliling for a divorce.......i think she is seriously confused and mad at herself.

I know i can file for self petition once divorce is final and i would love to stay here in USA if possible but what effect would her false acusation of fraud have on my AOS later on?

Thanks for your suggestions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I don't think that is correct. I believe that some debts commonly incurred by one spouse are the responsibility of both. Although it is possible to shield yourself from that by consent, and you may certainly protect assets by transferring them into a non-debtor spouses name. I think the legal term for this is spousal joint-and-severable liability.

Edited to say that in the instant case, the OP's wife clearly caused the debt by reversing the discount. I would argue that she actually incurred the debt, wich was totally unnecessary (like a credit card). And yes, her liability would be automatic.

All I can say is watch out for those little known state statues on this subject, divorce was over, settlement was made, ex has this problem of money burning a hole in her pocket, she blew it all. She incurred a debt after our legal separation that clearly stated that we were no longer liable for each other's debts, but incurred a large debt for our divorce was finalized. They didn't go after her because she was broke, they went after me. I thought I had an iron clad case with my court papers saying I was no longer liable, BS to that. Consulted with many attorney's, I was stuck, all $16,000.00 worth, had to pay it or face an jugdement with huge interest. Was I angry, you bet I was, but had no choice, best safeguard is to be flat broke, just watch out for those little known state statues.

Did a thorough check on any other debts during that time frame, then was finally free and according to my attorney, it there were any others, the statue of limitations is up. But don't count your chickens until they hatch.

That right poor victim get out and make her pay your tuition and everything.. poor man boy..violins play

No futher comments to your depth of ignorance!

Sorry about your problem man, the best you can do now is seek help from an attorney. Whatever you get here is just advice and researches done by individuals willing to help.

And as for those who know nothing else but mean, rude, demeaning comments... exercise your right... to hit the ignore button!

Gawd... how i love democracy!

Pls post feedbacks as you go so we know how it played out eventually.

Il put you in prayers too.

K-1 TIMELINE

I-129F Sent :2007-09-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-10

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-09-30

Visa Approved :2008-01-07

Consulate Received : 2008-01-14

Interview Date : 2008-06-02

Visa Received : 2008-06-12

US Entry : 2008-06-26

Marriage : 2008-08-02

Total days from filling 1-129F till Interview 270days

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 12, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (finally)

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Sept 18, 2008- Noas AOS/EAD/AP (yaay!!)

Oct 7th 2008- Case transferred to CSC

Oct 15, 2008- Biometric APPT (smooth and quick)

Oct 16, 2008- Case pending ......

Update....

EAD Card production ordered ........ 12/03/2008

Ap approved...approval notice sent 12/03/2008

Ap arrives in mail... dated ..............12/12/2008

EAD approval mail sent ..................12/11/2008

EAD arrives in mail ........................12/15/2008

AOS Touched .................................01/12/2009

AOS card production ordered...........02/27/2009

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Jan 1st 2011 mailed in I751

Feb 15th 2011 Biometric appointment

May 24th 2011 Petition Approved

May 25th 2011 Card production ordered

May 31st 2011 Card recieved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.