RalphandHanh

Green slip too

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yea that ex thing was a bit of a stretch for me too but I made sure to send Xuan to the interview with BOTH of my Rx's current address, 2 utility bills with their name and address on them, and she even learned their address just Incas they ask her. We had a time line and all that stuff. Where they wanted more information for us was. They wanted my last 10 years addresses, her aunt and cousins that live in Huston, their last 10 years addresses. A copy of their ID and passports as well. Xuan trained all that in today and got a blue slip that said we need to wait for their decision. At least that is what I think she explained to me. So now we wait. So far we have given every single piece of evidence they have asked for and anything we could think they may ask for in the future. Mr. Nam, who works with Mark Ellis has been a big help to Xuan so far. It seems that Mr. Nam does 90% of the work, at least in our case anyway.

We will see :wacko:

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F NOA1 : 3/10/08

I-129F NOA2 : 7/17/08

NVC Left : 7/25/08

Consulate Received : 8/4/08

Packet 3 Received : 8/8/08

Packet 4 Received : 9/12/08

Interview Date : 10/7/08

Received Green Sheet: 10/7/08

Turned in requested doc's for Green Sheet: 10/15/08

Got blue slip that says to wait for decision: 10/15/08

Still Waiting on a decision 11/22/08

Stilllll Waiting on a decision 2/2/09

Got a call with questions from the embassy3/9/09

Request sent to State Dept. to remove ineligibility status: 4/19/09

Approval letter recieved: 4/25/09

Pink Sheet: 4/27/09

Visa Received : 5/19/09

US Entry : 5/21/09

Marriage : 5/27/09

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Sorry to here about all these greens and blue slips marc is a great lawyer notice my time line and our case each case is different you are taking someone from a third world country that has the highest fraudlant K Visas into the best country in the world. They are going to be very tough on you and your spouse . They want to make sure that you are serious and not a sham. How many times have you been to Vietnam and how long have you been divorced is what they are looking at. Good luck to you both if marc is your lawyer you will get through it will get done or you have to file K3 best of luck.

TimeLine

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-30

NVC Received : 2007-11-05

NVC Left : 2007-11-06

Consulate Received : 2007-11-09

Packet 3 Received : 2007-11-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-11-23

Packet 4 Received : 2007-12-16

Medical Taken : 2008-01-03

Medical Passed : 2008-01-04

Interview Date : 2008-01-11

Interview Passed : 2008-01-11

Visa Issue : January 18th 2008

USA ENTRY : January 23rd 2008

POE Entry : Seattle Washington

Wedding : February 9th 2008

Social Security Card Received: February 19th 2008

Civil Surgeon I693 signed : April 14th Vaccinations Complete.

AOS: Sent on April 15th 2008 USPS Confirmed . April 17th 4:56 Am

AOS: Hard Copy Received NOA1 April 22nd all 3 arrived same day.

Biometrics : Received Appointment Letter Today April 27th = May 23rd 2008 10 am appointment

Transfered CSC June 4th

EAD: Approved June 13th 2008

EAD: Recieved Card June 18th 2008

AP: Approved June 13th 2008

AP: Received June 18th 2008

AOS:touched :Card ordered July 26th

Approval: AOS : Aug 4th

Green Card :Received : Aug 5th with Welcome Letter . 2 years Dated July 26th

Thank You USCIS

Thank You Visa Journey...........................

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline
After I give them everything, how long will we have to wait? I may be in contact with a friends relative that works for immigration here in the states instead of M.E. I'm not sure yet. I really don't know what to do. Maybe another immigration agent might have more pull? Like I said.... I just don't know. I just want to know how long after they have what they are asking for can she get a visa? Anyone know?

After submitted, they might give you the pink slip on the same day, or they might issue another blue/green slip asking for more info, or they might give you a blue/green slip saying "no more info needed, just go home and wait for a decision"--in this case it could be months. I tried on my own first and got the pink without the lawyer's help after blue and green slips. Sorry to hear about your case. Hope you'll get pink soon :thumbs::wacko:

11-16-12: Sent I-130 for Dad.
11-19-12: Priority date/rec'd date.
02-06-13: Case approved, NOA2.
02-19-13: NVC received case.
03-08-13: Case # assigned--HCM2013******.
03-09-13: Paid AOS Fee $88.00.
03-09-13: Emailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's email address.
03-13-13: AOS Fee showed as PAID & sent AOS package certified mail.
03-18-13: AOS package delivered @ 10:50 A.M.
03-18-13: DS-3032 accepted.
03-20-13: IV Bill Invoice.
03-21-13: Paid IV Fee $230.00.
03-23-13: IV Fee showed as PAID.
04-23-13: Sent IV package certified mail.
04-26-13: IV package delivered @ 11:13 A.M.

05-08-13: Case completed @ NVC per telephone call.

05-15-15: Case completed per email from NVC.

06-07-13: Rec'd email from NVC RE: interview date. (letter dated 06-05-13).

07-18-13: Interview date-- PASSED.

Timeline

Sorry to hear that you didn't pass. Like everyone else said, get what they want to them, prepared with the greatest care to make sure they accept it and don't ask for anything else. Don't worry you'll be together.

It's one of the strange things about the Consulate, some cases they don't ask much or anything about the ex, others they ask a lot. If I may ask, what did you say in your I-129f about your ex? How did the timeline of your meeting of Hanh and your divorce relate? I'm wondering if there's anything in your I-129f that would have made the Consulate want to know so much about your ex.

The Consulate is also concerned about your ability to support Hanh, not having a stable job can be a red flag. Did you explain how many IT jobs work or just assume the Consulate knows?

It's the level of fraud cases in Vietnam that causes the Consulate to be very careful which to us seems unfair. Just remember they're doing their job and that everything will work out fine. I'd definitely get ME involved as he is very successful.

We hope you're together soon!

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well in talking with Hanh last night... it seems that the biggest thing is my employment. The interviewer asked why I was not employed directly through the company that I was placed to work for through the agency. Hanh really didn't know. She told her I always work through an agency. I mean I Hate that I have to work through an agency anyway as it is. But when you work in I.T. that's the way it is. I wish I could get out of this field to be honest but with the way the economy is now, I don't have much choice. I'm lucky to be employed at all.

I'm going to talk to the head of my department tomorrow and tell him what's going on and hope for the best. If it doesn't go well then I will have to apply at some retail store I guess... I don't know. I don't know even if they were willing to hire me as an independent contractor, if that would help. But I'm trying to stay strong for Hanh and not let on that I'm worried or upset.

How well do they pay American musicians in Vietnam? :lol:

Well in talking with Hanh last night... it seems that the biggest thing is my employment. The interviewer asked why I was not employed directly through the company that I was placed to work for through the agency. Hanh really didn't know. She told her I always work through an agency. I mean I Hate that I have to work through an agency anyway as it is. But when you work in I.T. that's the way it is. I wish I could get out of this field to be honest but with the way the economy is now, I don't have much choice. I'm lucky to be employed at all.

I'm going to talk to the head of my department tomorrow and tell him what's going on and hope for the best. If it doesn't go well then I will have to apply at some retail store I guess... I don't know. I don't know even if they were willing to hire me as an independent contractor, if that would help. But I'm trying to stay strong for Hanh and not let on that I'm worried or upset.

How well do they pay American musicians in Vietnam? :lol:

IMO, Just work for an angecy for now. It's almost end of the year, after the election, and the market slowing down. I am sure next year will be better. btw, I am also working for and I.T field, and I know how IT field is very slowing down for now.

Good luck to you.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Timeline

They may just have concerns that going through an agency means periods of unemployment that would mena she would be destitude here and need assistance. They can question all they want but the fact remains that if you can show them the right amount of proof that you qualify for the visa then they just need reassurance and then give you the ok. Keep the chin up and do as they want and get the visa and bring over our new member of the family.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi Ralph&Hanh,

Sorry about the hold-up...this happened to my case too.....I was divorced and had to provide spouses current residence and info, unfortunately, this is the case with all divorced people filing K-1 Visas. Ask M.E. He is your best advocate now to get you through this mess....I only had to wait 56 days before he got me out of A.R. vs waiting 6 months. So hang in there brother and you will be with your sweetie soon...

If I had known you were divorced, I would have told you about the ex-spouse current address document...and I understand it is a pain having to have them make that document for you, the other thing you can do, is go-online and pay for a back-ground check on your ex-spouse so you dont have to deal with her directly.

all the best..

-Guy&Hoa

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Mr ME is not God, he can not get every one out of all mess, its depend on the case, if its simple and easy, then it will OK, if its complicate, then all you will heard from mr ME is: "wait " or "we should refiling the case" . He will not go to US consulate and fight for you. I email him said that if I refiling the case, then I will let him help me with that, so I will not get blame later for what I did that may give him a suggestion that I gone wrong way. He promise me to ask the embassy about my case, but untill now, I still not heard any thing from him yet, Im not sure if he still remember his promissed. Im tired of try to keep in touch with my paid lawyer for my case , I thought my lawyer should representative us in following the case. i still hope that one day Mr ME will open his heart and do me favor by help us to complete this case.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I still hope that one day Mr ME will open his heart and do me favor by help us to complete this case. I think I did fullfill my responsibility about listen from him and paid fee in full as requested by his staff, try to patient, try to follow his's order, now its my lawyer's action that I try to see whats going on. I will update to forum if any thing better or any good new happen.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Yea that ex thing was a bit of a stretch for me too but I made sure to send Xuan to the interview with BOTH of my Rx's current address, 2 utility bills with their name and address on them, and she even learned their address just Incas they ask her. We had a time line and all that stuff. Where they wanted more information for us was. They wanted my last 10 years addresses, her aunt and cousins that live in Huston, their last 10 years addresses. A copy of their ID and passports as well. Xuan trained all that in today and got a blue slip that said we need to wait for their decision. At least that is what I think she explained to me. So now we wait. So far we have given every single piece of evidence they have asked for and anything we could think they may ask for in the future. Mr. Nam, who works with Mark Ellis has been a big help to Xuan so far. It seems that Mr. Nam does 90% of the work, at least in our case anyway.

We will see :wacko:

I see reasonalble cause to hassle over ex's. I had heard of legit couples getting divorced on paper, then going back to VN and getting remarried for money or as a "favor". I would be dissappointed if the consulate didn't know about this practice. I know that these circumstances doesn't apply to anyone on here, but i understand HCMC working this angle.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi Ralph&Hanh,

Sorry about the hold-up...this happened to my case too.....I was divorced and had to provide spouses current residence and info, unfortunately, this is the case with all divorced people filing K-1 Visas. Ask M.E. He is your best advocate now to get you through this mess....I only had to wait 56 days before he got me out of A.R. vs waiting 6 months. So hang in there brother and you will be with your sweetie soon...

If I had known you were divorced, I would have told you about the ex-spouse current address document...and I understand it is a pain having to have them make that document for you, the other thing you can do, is go-online and pay for a back-ground check on your ex-spouse so you dont have to deal with her directly.

all the best..

-Guy&Hoa

God Bless you! I just looked it up and I can do a state bachground check for $30 :) Thank you thank you thank you :dance:

I talk to the head of my department today to see about going full time. Once again, the economy is hitting hard. And I will know in a week or two if I will be full time or laid off. Isn't that just Great!?!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.