RalphandHanh

Green slip too

39 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi Ralph&Hanh,

Sorry about the hold-up...this happened to my case too.....I was divorced and had to provide spouses current residence and info, unfortunately, this is the case with all divorced people filing K-1 Visas. Ask M.E. He is your best advocate now to get you through this mess....I only had to wait 56 days before he got me out of A.R. vs waiting 6 months. So hang in there brother and you will be with your sweetie soon...

If I had known you were divorced, I would have told you about the ex-spouse current address document...and I understand it is a pain having to have them make that document for you, the other thing you can do, is go-online and pay for a back-ground check on your ex-spouse so you dont have to deal with her directly.

all the best..

-Guy&Hoa

God Bless you! I just looked it up and I can do a state bachground check for $30 :) Thank you thank you thank you :dance:

I talk to the head of my department today to see about going full time. Once again, the economy is hitting hard. And I will know in a week or two if I will be full time or laid off. Isn't that just Great!?!

Sorry! Even if you get laid off, you still can use your assests (if you have) in place of your income. That was what I did for K-1 interview and Green Card adjustment, and it was acceptable without a co-sponsor. Good luck to you! :wacko:

11-16-12: Sent I-130 for Dad.
11-19-12: Priority date/rec'd date.
02-06-13: Case approved, NOA2.
02-19-13: NVC received case.
03-08-13: Case # assigned--HCM2013******.
03-09-13: Paid AOS Fee $88.00.
03-09-13: Emailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's email address.
03-13-13: AOS Fee showed as PAID & sent AOS package certified mail.
03-18-13: AOS package delivered @ 10:50 A.M.
03-18-13: DS-3032 accepted.
03-20-13: IV Bill Invoice.
03-21-13: Paid IV Fee $230.00.
03-23-13: IV Fee showed as PAID.
04-23-13: Sent IV package certified mail.
04-26-13: IV package delivered @ 11:13 A.M.

05-08-13: Case completed @ NVC per telephone call.

05-15-15: Case completed per email from NVC.

06-07-13: Rec'd email from NVC RE: interview date. (letter dated 06-05-13).

07-18-13: Interview date-- PASSED.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Hi Ralph&Hanh,

Sorry about the hold-up...this happened to my case too.....I was divorced and had to provide spouses current residence and info, unfortunately, this is the case with all divorced people filing K-1 Visas. Ask M.E. He is your best advocate now to get you through this mess....I only had to wait 56 days before he got me out of A.R. vs waiting 6 months. So hang in there brother and you will be with your sweetie soon...

If I had known you were divorced, I would have told you about the ex-spouse current address document...and I understand it is a pain having to have them make that document for you, the other thing you can do, is go-online and pay for a back-ground check on your ex-spouse so you dont have to deal with her directly.

all the best..

-Guy&Hoa

OK this worries me because my ex-wife lives with her parents and has no credit cards or bills. There are no utility or bills in her name that would show this address. If consulate asks me for proof of my ex' address, would a notarized statement from her do it?

Thanks

Jonas

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi Ralph&Hanh,

all the best..

-Guy&Hoa

OK this worries me because my ex-wife lives with her parents and has no credit cards or bills. There are no utility or bills in her name that would show this address. If consulate asks me for proof of my ex' address, would a notarized statement from her do it?

Thanks

Jonas

You can write a statement to explain about that. On that statement, provide them with what they ask for about your ex wife's info. and explain to them why you cannot provide any evidences to show her residence (coz shes living with her parents). And then have it notarized. But I think you should make 1 in advanced and send to your fiancee before her interview, and she will attach it to the I-134 on her interview date. If the CO is not difficult, maybe he will accept it, vice versa he will ask for supplementing. Who knows? just try then.

Good luck

03/04/2010: Getting married

06/06/2011: Submit I-130. Case is at CSC

06/08/2011: NOA1

01/06/2012: NOA2

01/23/2012: Case number assigned

01/26/2012: AOS Bill and IV Bill invoiced

05/10/2012: Paid AOS and IV fees

08/20/2012: Sent AOS and IV packets

08/22/2012: NVC received AOS and IV packets

08/29/2012: Case complete

11/06/2012: Interview date appointment received

12/04/2012: Interview date. Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They make things very difficult now for americans. We received a green slip during the first interview. Have you made more than 1 trip to VN? This seems to be a big sticking point lately if you haven't made more than 1 trip. I was also told by my senator that the time line was mandated by the president he said and is a required part of the process. I didnt use a lawyer to submit aditional evidence, but i did send my wife to see M.E. just in case. I would submit the additional evidence and see what happens. We had no problems and were treated very well. got the pink and the rest is history. only thing they did was spell my wifes name wrong and i cant change until my i-485 is processed, but thats another story. hehe. good luck

rodney

When I consulted LS. Huy Tuan, whose radio show can be heard every Tuesday afternoon from 0300 to 0400PM on Saigon Houston Radio 900AM, he told me the following: (I'm NOT recommending anyone anything in regards to immigration law nor implying the correct procedure to obtain a K-1 Visa. This is pure personal experience sharing)

"Lately, probably since the beginning of 2008, the US CO in Saigon doesn't require you to make at least 3 trips to see your SO, per say. However, by doing so, you have eliminated lots of chances getting anything other than the "pink slip" for your loved one in VN. Furthermore, the timing of these 3 trips is very important. What's my point?

..................Do plan your 03 trips very carefully and this is Key to a successful pink slip!"

I did take LS. Huy Tuan's advice seriously and my wife received the pink slip as we expected.

If you've divorced, that's a different story though.

Edited by DPNH

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
When I consulted LS. Huy Tuan, whose radio show can be heard every Tuesday afternoon from 0300 to 0400PM on Saigon Houston Radio 900AM, he told me the following: (I'm NOT recommending anyone anything in regards to immigration law nor implying the correct procedure to obtain a K-1 Visa. This is pure personal experience sharing)

"Lately, probably since the beginning of 2008, the US CO in Saigon doesn't require you to make at least 3 trips to see your SO, per say. However, by doing so, you have eliminated lots of chances getting anything other than the "pink slip" for your loved one in VN. Furthermore, the timing of these 3 trips is very important. What's my point?

..................Do plan your 03 trips very carefully and this is Key to a successful pink slip!"

I did take LS. Huy Tuan's advice seriously and my wife received the pink slip as we expected.

Plan your 3 trips how? Did they give specific times to visit VN during this process that seem more "real" or whatever they were getting at? Sometimes this process seems about $$ if you have enough to visit enough times, then you love for real, right? Silly thinking. Some people aren't rich and still fall in love for real.

Bug

Timeline
They make things very difficult now for americans. We received a green slip during the first interview. Have you made more than 1 trip to VN? This seems to be a big sticking point lately if you haven't made more than 1 trip. I was also told by my senator that the time line was mandated by the president he said and is a required part of the process. I didnt use a lawyer to submit aditional evidence, but i did send my wife to see M.E. just in case. I would submit the additional evidence and see what happens. We had no problems and were treated very well. got the pink and the rest is history. only thing they did was spell my wifes name wrong and i cant change until my i-485 is processed, but thats another story. hehe. good luck

rodney

Yes I made two trips. I came back from my second trip 10/3 of this month. They want the bank statement/credit card statement to show proof which I have. I should have everything by the end of the week. Well almost everything. The job is up in the air right now but I'm working on something :)

Timeline

well if things do work out with my job here... which I will know by the end of the week... I'm going back for a month.... maybe more, I don't know yet :)

Ralph, good luck to you, whatever the out come will be.

Loi and Suong

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.