tammy2688

I want to finally have a family.

20 posts in this topic

I know that when a person files a petition for a visa for their spouse/fiance, it is taking a risk as a visa into a country like U.S is said to be a privilege, not a right. As a law-abiding and productive citizen, I feel that I have done more than I could do. My husband, who has been nothing short of patient, sweet and supportive during this process, has done his part. After all of this, and 2 years of being alone after marriage, I feel that the part of me that is human and not a machine wants a family now more than ever.

I do hope the Dhaka embassy goes through with their processes and gives my husband his visa so that he may come here, to his wife, and his home.

Waiting with my full hopes and hoping that good news will come.

Tam

Edited by tammy2688

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline
I know that when a person files a petition for a visa for their spouse/fiance, it is taking a risk as a visa into a country like U.S is said to be a privilege, not a right. As a law-abiding and productive citizen, I feel that I have done more than I could do. My husband, who has been nothing short of patient, sweet and supportive during this process, has done his part. After all of this, and 2 years of being alone after marriage, I feel that the part of me that is human and not a machine wants a family now more than ever.

I do hope the Dhaka embassy goes through with their processes and gives my husband his visa so that he may come here, to his wife, and his home.

Tam

Me too. All my life I've never really had an interest in having children and now I'm clocking my cycle and constantly thinking about getting pregnant.

I'm praying for you and your husband, for me and my fiance, and everybody else out there stuck in this AP hole.

Insh-Allah may we all be reunited soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Tam

Me too. All my life I've never really had an interest in having children and now I'm clocking my cycle and constantly thinking about getting pregnant.

I'm praying for you and your husband, for me and my fiance, and everybody else out there stuck in this AP hole.

ur both in my prayers i hope ur reunited soon with ur s/o

sara

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I totally understand you. I want children so badly and every month away from my husband means I must wait that much longer to start. This process can really effect every aspect of your life.

Inshallah we will all be reunited with our spouses soon and this waiting will be a distant memory.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Tam

ur both in my prayers i hope ur reunited soon with ur s/o

sara

Right back at ya Sara.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am in the same boat--every month I cry at a chance lost. I am definately not getting any younger and I waited to find this guy. Man, it sucks when the clock is constantly tickin'.

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Filed: Timeline
Good luck to you all :)

Strong believe , Strong faith , and patience will make u invade any task that comes in your way , have a faith in Allah , he is there , the merciful , knows about everything , and have a faith in Allah , that day is not away when u will win ,

I pray to you tammy , inshallah , that day is not away when your husband will tell u , he got his visa and he is going to buy tickets .

i can feel that day to all of us , with the grace of Allah we all are now getting good responses now days so this is blessings of Allah that has already started and we were blessed before too

May Allah give u peace of mind and heart --------(tammy)

May Allah give u all you want ------------------(tammy)

May Allah bless u ------------------------------(tammy)

Allah bless us all

Amin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Me 4 :whistle:

I am in the same boat--every month I cry at a chance lost. I am definately not getting any younger and I waited to find this guy. Man, it sucks when the clock is constantly tickin'.

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Me 4 :whistle:

Well me4 - you got ur wish lol hugs xxxxxx

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

they are right when they say those with bad luck just get more of it

i still have no clue why they drag some cases so much longer than others its pathetique to not even get an e-mail response back after 13 freakin months

I didn't even mean kids I just want my husband here, thats my hope of a family.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

:thumbs::yes: a family of 2 is wonderful too

I have heard nothing from the embassy the last 2 emails (1 month apart) and they still say AP. I dont understand either why they make us wait. I sometimes think the officer has some bias and want to prove something by dragging this out. I have decided when I go to the embassy I will ask to speak with a supervisor because I dont think this officer is being objective in dealing with our case.

386 days since I last saw my husband (I know you got me beat Tammy).

I appreciate all good thoughts and prayers sent my way. I leave Tuesday (10-21) and will finally see my husband again for 3 weeks (I hope and pray I get to bring him home) but we will enjoy the time we have together.

06/11/2007 Married

07/23/2007 Sent I-130 (priority date)

08/02/2007 NOA-1

12/21/2007 Approval (checked online)Merry Christmas

12/26/2007 NAO-2 postmarked

NVC

01/07/2008 NVC received case number assigned

01/28/2008 NVC generates and mails DS-3032 and AOS bill

01/29/2008 (DS-3032 request emailed by husband and fee paid using James shortcuts)

02/01/2008 AOS fee bill received by NVC

02/05/2008 I-864 packet generated (called NVC for this information)

02/09/2008 mailed I-864 packet priority mail

02/11/2008 IV Fee bill generated and paid IV bill using experimental shortcut

02/19/2008 recieved IV fee bill

03/24/2008 DS-230 generated (NVC operator informed me)

04/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE/ interview date JUNE 6th

06/06/2008 AP

12/15/2008 case returned for further review

10/01/2009 USCIS REAFFIRMS APPROVAL CASE SENT TO DOS

11/09/2009 CASE BACK IN CHENNAI

12/10/2009 2ND INTERVIEW rescheduled twice, now Feb. 12th 2010

02/19/2010 Passport with IR-1 visa recieved

I sincerely hope you have a wonderful trip, enjoy every minute of it. Be persistent at the embassy, talk to the supervisor, I think you have a good shot at getting this visa. I say that because I have seen it happen. Now perfect little stories don't happen for everyone but it's worth a try.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks Tammy and I will be persistant (I am stuborn) but I am also going in with my eyes wide open and nothing in life is perfect (except for the time I will have with my husband).

06/11/2007 Married

07/23/2007 Sent I-130 (priority date)

08/02/2007 NOA-1

12/21/2007 Approval (checked online)Merry Christmas

12/26/2007 NAO-2 postmarked

NVC

01/07/2008 NVC received case number assigned

01/28/2008 NVC generates and mails DS-3032 and AOS bill

01/29/2008 (DS-3032 request emailed by husband and fee paid using James shortcuts)

02/01/2008 AOS fee bill received by NVC

02/05/2008 I-864 packet generated (called NVC for this information)

02/09/2008 mailed I-864 packet priority mail

02/11/2008 IV Fee bill generated and paid IV bill using experimental shortcut

02/19/2008 recieved IV fee bill

03/24/2008 DS-230 generated (NVC operator informed me)

04/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE/ interview date JUNE 6th

06/06/2008 AP

12/15/2008 case returned for further review

10/01/2009 USCIS REAFFIRMS APPROVAL CASE SENT TO DOS

11/09/2009 CASE BACK IN CHENNAI

12/10/2009 2ND INTERVIEW rescheduled twice, now Feb. 12th 2010

02/19/2010 Passport with IR-1 visa recieved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.