Damian P

Can an I-134 be altered in any way after notarization?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

OK, here's my problem: for some reason known only to himself, our co-sponsor has neglected to write my name on the I-134. He's done all the "hard" bits (submitted his tax returns, letter from employer, etc) but he simply hasn't put my name down on the form. I can only assume something daft here, like he wasn't sure how to spell my name exactly or some #### like that, (and yes, 'er indoors should have proof read it before sending, but she didn't!) but obviously this causes me a problem. Would I be correct in saying that by adding my name to the form myself, I will be rendering it null and void due to its original content already having been notarized?

I figure I will just present it to the CO in London along with the one from 'er indoors (which is correctly filled out), look blankly at him/her, and shrug!! Seriously though, do you think common sense will prevail here (I mean, it's obvious I'm the beneficiary) or will they be ####### about it?

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Elllllloooo Damian,

Is there any way that you can get another one done before the interview?? and then present at that time just in case - not sure about adding ur name as we all know the embassy, cross the t's and dot the i's - but if they look at it (and if they do>?) will they wonder exactly who the form is for??

Dunna know mate, cover all tracks and get another one done and then present at interview with explanation that co sponsor is somewhat daft lol (sorry luv that word) but ya just dont want to leave there without a stamp of approval-

Cheers and godspeed mate

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

I'm with Karen. There is no way the embassy will know it was written after the notarization.

Ok out ruled - was being overly cautious!

Good Luck Damian

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

08/10Received

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Timeline
I'm with Karen. There is no way the embassy will know it was written after the notarization.

See, I was thinking the same thing as you and Karin, but the thing is that my handwriting (albeit in block capitals) will still be noticeably different from the co-sponsor's, thus showing that the form was completed by two different people - you with me?

And Susie, 'er indoors could procrastinate for America, so there's no chance of getting another one over in time!! :lol:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

See, I was thinking the same thing as you and Karin, but the thing is that my handwriting (albeit in block capitals) will still be noticeably different from the co-sponsor's, thus showing that the form was completed by two different people - you with me?

And Susie, 'er indoors could procrastinate for America, so there's no chance of getting another one over in time!! :lol:

Ah, I assumed that it had been done on the computer!

Ah, I assumed that it had been done on the computer!

Sigh sort of a dilemnia, the worst that can happen is that they catch it and ask for another one - when Kris had his interview I had to sign one line on an I-864a and resubmit via over night mail back to Kris and then he had SMS Courier pick up - ekkk 54 usd to send back to the UK - but then embassy had within two days and and then everything was very quick like what a three day turn around-

Maybe someone else has solid advice altho Karin/ Otto has the key pretty well in the door!

Cheers

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree. The notary is ONLY witnessing the signature. With the signature, the person who signed is stating everything on the form is the TRUTH. By adding or changing anything, you are still stating the exact same thing. It makes no difference.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
i had 2 different handwritings on my affadavit, before it was noterized. it caused no problems what so ever.

good luck.

And there is the answer I was looking for - thank you marash.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Again, the notary is only witnessing the signature and represents nothing else on the form.... The notary can witness a signature on a blank piece of paper....

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just in case you're still waiting

My guy got my birthday wrong on affidavit.

I just changed it!

So 2 different handwritings and a cross-out and accepted

(probably wouldn't recommend the crossing stuff out too much though!)

K-1 Application

================

2nd October 2007 - I-129F sent to CSC

10th October 2007 - NOA1 issued

31st January 2008 - NOA2 issued

22nd May 2008 - Interview date

18th July 2008 - US here I come

22nd August 2008 - Wedding date

AOS

================

15th September 2008 - AOS Pack (I485, I131, I765) Sent

22nd September 2008 - NOA1 x 3 Received

6th October 2008 - Transferred to CSC

17th October 2008 - Biometrics

5th December 2008 - EAD & AP approved

20th February 2008 - GC approved

I-751

================

1st December 2010 - I-751 Sent (CSC)

3rd December 2010 - I-751 Received

7th December 2010 - Cheque cashed

3rd January 2011 - Biometrics

Timeline
Just in case you're still waiting

My guy got my birthday wrong on affidavit.

I just changed it!

So 2 different handwritings and a cross-out and accepted

(probably wouldn't recommend the crossing stuff out too much though!)

Thanks - I am now completely secure in the knowledge that this really isn't an issue. :thumbs:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Timeline

OK, quick update: all the I-134 stuff arrived this morning, and apart from that one little issue, it's absolutely spot on.

Here's what I'll be taking to interview on Monday:

Police certficate

Birth certificate (long form)

Passport

U.S. spec passport photos (x2)

I-134 forms from sponsor & co sponsor

Last 3 years tax returns

Letter confirming employment on headed paper

Letter of intent to marry

Evidence of ongoing relationship

Have I missed anything? Also, just a quick question on the co-sponsors form: what should he have put down in the "relationship to petitioner" section?

Thank ya!!! :thumbs:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.