ajazbashir

well guys forgivee me but this is where i can write about this

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

goshh i tried to install SP1 on my winxp and it said my key for windows is not valid,, i tried to generate some keys, you might know about tthat,, but it was still not installing sp1

say somehting about this i wana install sp1 and sp2 and then internet explorer 7 beta

help needed so bad pazhalasta

What i write here is based on my own experince,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

You don't have to install SP1--you can go straight to installing SP2.

But as far as a Key--you might call the Microsoft Activation number--and you will not reach Microsoft directly but instead some Telecommunication Clearing House in India. Anyway they may give you a key--or they may not. Its hit or miss when you call them--maybe since you have a connection from India they might be more sympathetic--but maybe not. Otherwise you may need to reinstall Windows XP with your original install disc and key. Or you can wait until Windows Vista comes out later this year.

Edited by Artegal

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Is it a purchased copy of winxp? If not, then microsoft has picked up on this fact when you went to windows update site, especially updating service packs.....you are basicaly screwed ;) If its a purchased copy, try and do a fresh install of xp, but Im assuming from your post re generating keys, that this may not be the case.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

trying not pirating software. i don't think anyone here would be wise to advise you about pirated software and if so i think cap ewok would have a fit

Exactly, which is why there has been no advice on pirating. The OP hasnt exactly used the word pirate copy, I am assuming it may be by the way its worded...could be wrong.....only he would know. If it is a pirate copy, then it has been caught by MS. To my knowledge (which is limited somewhat) he is screwed.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

If the copy was bought in India there is a high possibility that it is pirate even if gotten through a store. It's amazing how they sell that right out in the open in asia. It's hard to find legal software in some places. If that is the case then there is nothing to be done. MS has taken the ability to upgrade pirate copies of XP away. Go buy a copy that has the hologram sticker on it. Sorry :(

Filed: Timeline

I assume you're trying to download SP1/SP2. If you go to the Microsoft site, you can order a disk copy of SP2. Not sure how it works to India, but for the US, it's free.

I was running a "duplicate" copy of XP on this machine (seriously....I bought it, just had it on two computers) until Windows XP64 bit came out. I wasn't going to buy a copy of XP for this machine, then replace it a month later. The SP2 disk worked fine in that situation.

(Yes, I'm using a fully legal version on here now.)

For the record, any of the "Key-Gen" programs that you find are just spewing out corporate software keys. They've all been used at least once, so Windows Update will prevent you from downloading any updates manually from the site. Automatic updates will still work, to a degree.

That said, it might be looking at your key and seeing that you need to install SP2, not SP1. SP1 is WAYYYYY outdated, and they may not even let you install it anymore. I'm not sure. I suppose I should know, since I AM a Microsoft Partner and sell their software, eh? LOL

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.