beans

October 08 K1 Filers

2,110 posts in this topic

BTW I just checked your timeline, is your NOA1 date correct? Should it say October instead of January. Your estimated approval date is based on the date you received your NOA1 so if this is not correct your estimated approval date will be well off.

I just fixed this. Thanks for the info. I miss her :(

Yeah I know how you feel. I haven't seen Tom in 6 months, and the last month or so has been the worst, mainly due to Christmas and New Year. Luckily I'm seeing him in February but it can't come quick enough! We are all in the same boat together, but like it says in my siggy, a few months apart is worth it when you'll have forever together.

I talk to her every day on the phone and we do a videoconference every night, so we can see each other and chat. Sometimes I'll setup the laptop so we can chat while I am eating dinner, and vice versa for her. It makes it kind of like we are having a meal together. The time difference gets difficult, I find myself up at 4am sometimes so we can chat on her lunch break at work. Right now I'm going through the process on buying a house for us so it will be difficult to pay to travel there to see her soon. I just wish these people at USCIS would hurry up my application. I understand they get mountains of applications, and that the list for October filers I see on this website probably is only a small percentage of the total number they get. I just wish there was something I could do to speed up the process. My fiance and I are very much in love. Our waiting to be together is a small price to pay for the lifetime of happiness I am certain we will have together.

Warm regards and good luck,

-Richard

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's great that you can video conference every night. I got a suggestion from Anne from Johan&Anne about renting the same movie and watching it together over Skype. I'd love to be able to do that but we only get to Skype once a week as Tom works nights 6 days a weeks and with him being three hours ahead, I'm normally asleep when he's at work. The rest of the time we try and message using a Air Force online chat that he can use from work. Unfortunately we only discovered this chat about a month ago, 11 months too late!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

watching a movie together sounds really sweet...wish i could do that but the time difference i have with my fiance it sounds impossible. i am 13 hours ahead from maryland, usa and i am usually awake til like 3am in the morning in my country and wake up at around 10am just to talk to my fiance. when i wake up and talk to him he is then about to sleep coz he just got home and tired from working the whole day while i don't do anything...im not working so all my time is just put to waste on waiting. i was thinking already of learning spanish to keep me busy. and maybe next month my whole family is thinking of going to bangkok for a tour which sounds exciting =) i love bangkok and would like to eat tonsof sweet fresh fruits.

It's great that you can video conference every night. I got a suggestion from Anne from Johan&Anne about renting the same movie and watching it together over Skype. I'd love to be able to do that but we only get to Skype once a week as Tom works nights 6 days a weeks and with him being three hours ahead, I'm normally asleep when he's at work. The rest of the time we try and message using a Air Force online chat that he can use from work. Unfortunately we only discovered this chat about a month ago, 11 months too late!

K1 Timeline

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Touched : 2008-10-08

NOA2 : 2009-02-17

NVC: 2009-02-19

Left NVC: 2009-02-20

USEM: 2009-02-24

Medical: March 5-6, 2009

Visa Interview: March 11, 2009

Visa Delivered: March 14, 2009

St. Mary's Katipunan QC: March 16, 2009 got my CFO sticker

Flight: April 14, 2009

Marriage: April 16, 2009

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

June 16, 2009 - Biometrics

June 17, 2009 - case transfered to CA

Sept. 23, 2009 - Green card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi October K1 VSC filers, how are you all doing? I am getting so impatient and I know I still have a ways to go but it just seems like forever. :cry::cry::cry:

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I wonder if any petitions are lost in here..... :wacko:

Michigan Postal Hoarding Mail

Piw8m5.png

12.28.07 ♥ Met in atlanta through mutual friends

8.23.08 ♥ Engaged!

10.7.08 ♥ Noa1

2.11.09 ♥ Noa2

2.19.09 ♥ Case Left NVC for Sweden!

3.2.09 ♥ Medical:Passed!

3.4.09 ♥ Packet 4 Received

3.12.09 ♥ Interview: APPROVED

3.17.09 ♥ Visa Received!

4.1.09 ♥ POE: Atlanta

4.12.09 ♥ Civil Marriage

AOS

4.27.09 ♥ Sent AOS

4.30.09 ♥ AOS Package Arrived, Signed for by J. Chyba @ 12:23

5.05.09 ♥ NOA 1 AOS, EAD, AP

5.09.09 ♥ NOA 1 Hardcopy Rec'd

6.03.09 ♥ Biometrics Completed

6.04.09 ♥ AOS & EAD Touch

6.12.09 ♥ Case Transferred to CSC

6.16.09 ♥ Email Approval Notice from CRIS for AP!!

6.19.09 ♥ EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

6.19.09 ♥ AP Received

6.22.09 ♥ EAD Received

8.25.09 ♥ GC Production Ordered

8.31.09 Green Card Received in the mail

1.23.10 Our little bundle of joy arrived happy and healthy. We r now a complete family.

I wonder if any petitions are lost in here..... :wacko:

Michigan Postal Hoarding Mail

Thankfully, I sent mine UPS :thumbs:

Still, to horde that much mail - wow

K-1 - I-129F

Consulate : London, England

• 18 May 2009: Interview - **APPROVED** (213 Days)

AOS - I-485

Field Office: Memphis, TN

• 15 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 131 Days!

EAD - I-765

• 02 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 141 Days (recommend do NOT e-file)

ROC - I-781

• 07 Nov 2011: Package mailed to VSC (USPS Express mail)
  • 08 Nov 2011: Package received at VSC
  • 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1
  • 13 Jan 2012 - Biometrics appointment
  • 24 Aug 2012 - RFE (bummed!!!)
  • 13 Sep 2012 - **APPROVED!!**
  • 24 Sep 2012 - Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi October K1 VSC filers, how are you all doing? I am getting so impatient and I know I still have a ways to go but it just seems like forever. :cry::cry::cry:

I'm right there with you...especially seeing all these October people from CSC getting approved! I can't wait to have our family together...every time my 18-yr-old is looking for daddy all over the house, it breaks my heart....

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

...every time my 18-yr-old is looking for daddy all over the house, it breaks my heart....

18 YEAR old? :blush:

K-1 - I-129F

AOS - I-485

EAD - I-765

ROC - I-781

• 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1

Might be a typo

I know - thus the smirk :blush:

Edited by RBAL_TN

K-1 - I-129F

AOS - I-485

EAD - I-765

ROC - I-781

• 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I'm an October filer and I am dying! I never imagined that this whole long-distance thing would be so hard. It's especially hard seeing that CSC is now in November grrrr! What is going on with VSC?

What do you all do to make it through this waiting time? My fiance and I talk on the phone, send text messages, and chat online, but he does not have a computer so can only go to the Internet Cafe when he has the money and the phone calls get expensive too! Plus there's just nothing like being next to the person you love - a whole lot different from seeing them online or just hearing their voice!

A little over 2 months til I get to go back, but the stupid plane ticket price keeps going up and I haven't gotten the OK from my boss yet for the extra days off so I can't buy the ticket yet!

I'm just frustrated all around and ready for this process to be over! I didn't find this forum until a couple weeks ago, so I'm also kinda nervous that something in my package will not be approved and we'll have a RFE and have to extend this darn thing even more! Why does it have to be so hard to come to the US?

Suggestions welcome - anything to give me peace of mind!!!

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.23.08 - sent K1 packet

10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

You have to stay busy, be strong, be faithful, stay in touch and communicate everyday.

I know it's eaiser said than done and I been through it, I just got back and I am going through this all over again. But hey if you are strong, have aith in things then you can do this, just read my signature and you'll se what other people has gone through and made it. I went through 5 months without being with my SO. You can do this!

GODSPEED! Goodluck! Hang in there!

Everything sails faster after NOA2! VSC will get their acts together soon, you have to be positive on things, that's all you can do, be negative ad it will KILL YOU! trust me!

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah, I know, being in a long distance relationship is hard. The most that my fiance and I have been apart since we first started dating was 2 very loooooong years. And we were also apart at some point for over 1yr so altogether, adding all those years apart always sounds crazy. But somehow we made it work. I think we are stronger as a couple than we were when we first dated because of our long distance. We see each other everyday online with our webcams and we call each other everyday as well. It's weird but doing all that makes me feel he's always next to me because not a day goes by when we dont talk or see each other online...just saying hi for even 1min is good enough for me.

But of course if I had it my way I would be visiting him in the philippines every chance I get :) If you both have the trust, faith and love for one another, then it works.

Now with the papers in progress...waiting for any notice from VSC of an NOA2 is so nerve racking. I also am an october VSC filer and am so anxious these days. So I can understand the frustration that surfaces. But, you have to think that you both will be together soon. My fiance is always there reminding me of that or else I also would be going crazy waiting ;) I just joined visajourney yesterday and it is nice to be able to see that others are also going through the same emotions as you are and share their experiences. And so I think that helps too. I hope that soon all of us get our turn for good news. Be strong and keep the faith

Edited by meANDv

79ya8h4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just joined visajourney....please count me in with october 2008 filers. Let's hope for some smooth sailing for us.

Good Luck and welcome VJ is great and we are like a second family if you have any questions dont be afraid to ask. (F)

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.