beans

October 08 K1 Filers

2,110 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
I have a feeling they may not even check your breasts. I know in the UK they just ask you to strip for the X-ray and look 'down below' to see if you are who you say you are.

That makes me laugh out loud--thinking about someone posing as a member of the opposite sex to get a visa :lol: and getting 'discovered' at the medical.

But I am sure it has happened before!!

Piw8m5.png

12.28.07 ♥ Met in atlanta through mutual friends

8.23.08 ♥ Engaged!

10.7.08 ♥ Noa1

2.11.09 ♥ Noa2

2.19.09 ♥ Case Left NVC for Sweden!

3.2.09 ♥ Medical:Passed!

3.4.09 ♥ Packet 4 Received

3.12.09 ♥ Interview: APPROVED

3.17.09 ♥ Visa Received!

4.1.09 ♥ POE: Atlanta

4.12.09 ♥ Civil Marriage

AOS

4.27.09 ♥ Sent AOS

4.30.09 ♥ AOS Package Arrived, Signed for by J. Chyba @ 12:23

5.05.09 ♥ NOA 1 AOS, EAD, AP

5.09.09 ♥ NOA 1 Hardcopy Rec'd

6.03.09 ♥ Biometrics Completed

6.04.09 ♥ AOS & EAD Touch

6.12.09 ♥ Case Transferred to CSC

6.16.09 ♥ Email Approval Notice from CRIS for AP!!

6.19.09 ♥ EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

6.19.09 ♥ AP Received

6.22.09 ♥ EAD Received

8.25.09 ♥ GC Production Ordered

8.31.09 Green Card Received in the mail

1.23.10 Our little bundle of joy arrived happy and healthy. We r now a complete family.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

lol it did happen actually..

I remember about someone asked the doctor at the medical if that really happend before and the doctor replied that it already happen 4-5 times this year and it was approx april or so :P

If i remember right.. There are some crazy people in the world :D

7/31/2008 - Sended I-129F to VSC (lost in mail).

9/24/2008 - Resended I-129F to VSC (*sigh* lost again).

10/30/2008 - Resended again I-129F to VSC.

11/11/2008 - NOA1

03/09/2009 - RFE received

03/11/2009 - Returned RFE

05/23/2009 - Recieved 2nd RFE

08/05/2009 - Denied. Besides that he turns out to be a total jerk. Case ended.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah, someone in the UK forum asked the doctor at the medical if they had anyone claiming to be of the opposite sex and he said they had had a few!

Timeline
I'm scared of stripping for the medical. :(

You put on a gown in private but I think you just expose the top half for the X-ray. I'm not too bothered as I have been back and forth to the doctors and hospital numerous times and I, my doctor and various medical students have seen parts of me in the flesh and on screen so I'm used to it. You just have to bare in mind that it's their job and they see it everyday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
I didn't see any Oct 08 posts yet, so here it is. Here is for all the filers of 10/08, rants, raves, stressful, and happy times begin. Good luck to everyone! :)

Im sure there are other Oct 08 filers your just the first to post best wishes to you.

i guess i count in as october coz my fiance sent the paper works sept 22 and they cashed the check oct 7 with a reply that uscis got the papers oct 3. we have not yet received the NOA1 hardcopy but was last touched i guess oct 8. hopefully everything would go smoothly and fast. :blush:

Hey there fellow benchers - you are not totally alone - I am a September filer patiently sitting on the bench waiting for the good news. I think this is the most difficult emotional journey I have even been on - no, I don't have to think about it anymore, it is. However, I just keep looking towards the future and reminding myself that this time next year I will be married to the man of all of my dreams! Now I feel better again. Hang in there team! :thumbs:

I'm scared of stripping for the medical. :(

Don't be, it's quick! the stripping ppar tis fast, they just want to make sure you are really female, and for guys they just want to make sure you are really male.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I wonder if any thai kratoey, transexuals, ever fooled them. They usually don't fool me when I see them in public, however I have seen plenty of western men walking with them and I think, "Are they aware they're with another man or not? Should I tell them?" I have never told them, as I respect others' privacy. Nonetheless there have been a few that have totally fooled me until someone else made me aware of the fact. Even Thai ladies often comment "They are the most beautiful Thai women." To which I have always responded, "but those aren't girls!"

I am not overly sensitive to nudity in front of others, so long as there is propriety. A Thai ladys can be so modest as to blush or act shy in front of her husband. I guess we all have different perspectives on it, which is actually quite comforting for me.

I have had some difference of opinions with both my parents and my in-laws regarding wedding plans, however while speaking with both of them, I have been able to reach compromises. It feels good to have an increased amount of responsibility along with a sense of adeptness. My fiancee is truly showing to be a very special woman to me. I have cared for her for many years now, however my love for her, through this current process, has grown exponentially. She has been patient, encouraging, and faithful. This experience has be quite affirming for us.

All the best to everyone's journey.

Timeline

So who is visiting their fiance(e) at Christmas? And for those that are not spending Christmas together physically, are you planning to spend some of it together it in some other way?

There's no way we can see each other this year however Tom has the night of Christmas Eve off, and as he's only three hours ahead of me, we are probably going to have an early present opening on Skype. He will be then working the night of Christmas Day so we'll probably only get to email each other.

So who is visiting their fiance(e) at Christmas? And for those that are not spending Christmas together physically, are you planning to spend some of it together it in some other way?

There's no way we can see each other this year however Tom has the night of Christmas Eve off, and as he's only three hours ahead of me, we are probably going to have an early present opening on Skype. He will be then working the night of Christmas Day so we'll probably only get to email each other.

What would we do without Skype? :thumbs: Hope you two have a wonderful Christmas even with him working. Next Christmas will be much better once we all are together.

I'm flying to the UK on Christmas Day (so far the flights are still very empty - but I have a 4 hour layover in Atlanta - ugh) and staying for 16 days. We haven't seen each other since September (other than our daily skype fix).

The hardest part about visiting each other is that both our families always want to get together. The list is always so long, whereas we just want to get away and spend time together since our time is so limited. It may be a bit selfish on our part - but then again, we are the ones apart from our significant other too.

So, we are planning a long weekend in Paris on New Years. We figure its easier to do it while we are both there - than to try and do it once she settles here.

I'm planning on taking the copy of the I-129F packet with me, along with most of paperwork she'll need after we get the NOA2. This way she'll have it already in preparation for the next steps.

Edited by RBAL_TN

K-1 - I-129F

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

• 18 May 2009: Interview - **APPROVED** (213 Days)

AOS - I-485

Field Office: Memphis, TN

• 15 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 131 Days!

EAD - I-765

• 02 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 141 Days (recommend do NOT e-file)

ROC - I-781

• 07 Nov 2011: Package mailed to VSC (USPS Express mail)
  • 08 Nov 2011: Package received at VSC
  • 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1
  • 13 Jan 2012 - Biometrics appointment
  • 24 Aug 2012 - RFE (bummed!!!)
  • 13 Sep 2012 - **APPROVED!!**
  • 24 Sep 2012 - Card received

Timeline

What would we do without Skype? :thumbs: Hope you two have a wonderful Christmas even with him working. Next Christmas will be much better once we all are together.

I'm flying to the UK on Christmas Day (so far the flights are still very empty - but I have a 4 hour layover in Atlanta - ugh) and staying for 16 days. We haven't seen each other since September (other than our daily skype fix).

The hardest part about visiting each other is that both our families always want to get together. The list is always so long, whereas we just want to get away and spend time together since our time is so limited. It may be a bit selfish on our part - but then again, we are the ones apart from our significant other too.

So, we are planning a long weekend in Paris on New Years. We figure its easier to do it while we are both there - than to try and do it once she settles here.

I'm planning on taking the copy of the I-129F packet with me, along with most of paperwork she'll need after we get the NOA2. This way she'll have it already in preparation for the next steps.

Sounds like you'll have a good time. We are already talking about what we will do when we are together in the US next Christmas.

Sounds like you'll have a good time. We are already talking about what we will do when we are together in the US next Christmas.

Yeah, we are too. Next year is going to be quite the year!

K-1 - I-129F

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

• 18 May 2009: Interview - **APPROVED** (213 Days)

AOS - I-485

Field Office: Memphis, TN

• 15 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 131 Days!

EAD - I-765

• 02 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 141 Days (recommend do NOT e-file)

ROC - I-781

• 07 Nov 2011: Package mailed to VSC (USPS Express mail)
  • 08 Nov 2011: Package received at VSC
  • 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1
  • 13 Jan 2012 - Biometrics appointment
  • 24 Aug 2012 - RFE (bummed!!!)
  • 13 Sep 2012 - **APPROVED!!**
  • 24 Sep 2012 - Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes we are looking forward to next year as well! New years in Paris sounds soooo romantic! And don't feel that you wanting to spend time just the 2 of you isn't selfish. It's perfectly normal! I'm sure your freinds and family will understand. Once you 2 live together than you'll be able to be all over the place! lol

Dex is driving up on Christmas eve to pick us up and we are driving back to Albany on the 26th. We will celebrate his b-day on the 27th, but it's actually the 31st (ol' year's day as he calls it! lol)aand driving us back on the 28th, then leaves back to Alabny on the 29th ooof! I feel so bad that I don't have a car.....and he barely has days off over the Holidays....

I'm excited about Christmas though cause we decided to start a tradition. Every Christmas Eve from now on, we will wear a new pyjama! That way I think it makes Christmas morning even more special. I only have one for the baby...still need to get 3 more! I can't wait to see how our oldest will react opening the gifts and everything. She'll be 17months...I hope she understands! I'm aslo glad to spend Christmas here in Montreal, since it will be my last for a long while....

Ok I wrote way too much....lemme stop now cause I can go on and on and on.....lol

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm going to be with my fiance for christmas, but only because we got lucky!

We weren't supposed to see eachother untill next summer, but he checked out the ticket prizes for fun and it turned out that it was cheaper than expected, so he ordered a ticket and he is going to stay here for around 16 days before he returns..

I can't lie and say im not happy :)

7/31/2008 - Sended I-129F to VSC (lost in mail).

9/24/2008 - Resended I-129F to VSC (*sigh* lost again).

10/30/2008 - Resended again I-129F to VSC.

11/11/2008 - NOA1

03/09/2009 - RFE received

03/11/2009 - Returned RFE

05/23/2009 - Recieved 2nd RFE

08/05/2009 - Denied. Besides that he turns out to be a total jerk. Case ended.

I'm going to be with my fiance for christmas, but only because we got lucky!

We weren't supposed to see eachother untill next summer, but he checked out the ticket prizes for fun and it turned out that it was cheaper than expected, so he ordered a ticket and he is going to stay here for around 16 days before he returns..

I can't lie and say im not happy :)

LUCKY!

How you been Shanira, Ms. August Filer at heart?

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.