beans

October 08 K1 Filers

2,110 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
lol Guys...they still haven't taken our money. I have a feeling my SO wrote it for the incorrect amount.

Wow...they are sure not in a hurry! I hope it was the right amount...it would be too bad to have something like that slow you guys down...

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have a feeling that they send the whole petition back if the cheque is written wrong. I don't think they'll just issue an RFE.

If it makes you feel any better, our petition had been ready to be sent since August but due to the sucky mail system to Bahrain it wasn't sent till the end of September and then took two weeks from Bahrain to reach Vermont.

The only way you can expedite your case is if your fiance is deployed or about to be deployed, or if it's a medical emergency. There is no option of paying for faster processing either, that's only available for work visas.

Even though my fiance is serving overseas we arn't eligable for an expedite.

Yeah, that's what I thought too - just doesn't hurt to ask the larger group.

thanks.

K-1 - I-129F

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

• 18 May 2009: Interview - **APPROVED** (213 Days)

AOS - I-485

Field Office: Memphis, TN

• 15 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 131 Days!

EAD - I-765

• 02 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 141 Days (recommend do NOT e-file)

ROC - I-781

• 07 Nov 2011: Package mailed to VSC (USPS Express mail)
  • 08 Nov 2011: Package received at VSC
  • 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1
  • 13 Jan 2012 - Biometrics appointment
  • 24 Aug 2012 - RFE (bummed!!!)
  • 13 Sep 2012 - **APPROVED!!**
  • 24 Sep 2012 - Card received

Timeline
HELLO!! I am an october filer as well!!! I got my NOA1 and just in the waiting game

Hey there, welcome along.

<WHEW!>

I sent our package in via UPS on Oct 14, and they didn't log the delivery (even now says 'out for delivery Oct 16'). After a few urgent calls to UPS including the manager at the local UPS terminal I found that our bank cashed the check yesterday! With my new EAC and checking status online, I see that they received it Oct 17. Now I feel *MUCH* better and just waiting on the NOA1.

I don't think I'll be using UPS again though. I could do without having so much personal information 'lost' in the system in this day of identity theft.

K-1 - I-129F

AOS - I-485

EAD - I-765

ROC - I-781

• 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

lol still no cashed cheque. I checked with Jeremy and he did write it for $455, alas I keep on waiting lol.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Guys!

I am an October filer too :star: ....just got a touch on the NOA1 Oct 21 so hoping it goes through fast and before our baby is born! I went for an ultrasound yesterday baby was waving and moving its mouth making sucking motions..my fiancee is missing out on all of that which is really heartbreaking.... but what exactly does "touch" mean? I have read it could be that they move your file or someone looks at it then goes on break lol...and why do they have an option of email notification when any updates are made when they dont email!!!

Anyways, I wish everyone luck and a smooth journey :thumbs:

Edited by lil mama

Timeline
Hey Guys!

I am an October filer too :star: ....just got a touch on the NOA1 Oct 21 so hoping it goes through fast and before our baby is born! I went for an ultrasound yesterday baby was waving and moving its mouth making sucking motions..my fiancee is missing out on all of that which is really heartbreaking.... but what exactly does "touch" mean? I have read it could be that they move your file or someone looks at it then goes on break lol...and why do they have an option of email notification when any updates are made when they dont email!!!

If you have registered online the 'last updated' date is a touch. Basically it's when they have looked at your case, however not everyones gets updated so some people may never see a touch. Email nofications are only sent if they transfer your case, send you an RFE or approve you. Hope this helps.

Congratulations on the baby too!

Edited by Laura+Tom

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

welcome to the club of vermont october waiting room. did you already get the hardcopy of noa1? hope things move faster this week...

Hey Guys!

K1 Timeline

Consulate : Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Touched : 2008-10-08

NOA2 : 2009-02-17

NVC: 2009-02-19

Left NVC: 2009-02-20

USEM: 2009-02-24

Medical: March 5-6, 2009

Visa Interview: March 11, 2009

Visa Delivered: March 14, 2009

St. Mary's Katipunan QC: March 16, 2009 got my CFO sticker

Flight: April 14, 2009

Marriage: April 16, 2009

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

June 16, 2009 - Biometrics

June 17, 2009 - case transfered to CA

Sept. 23, 2009 - Green card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
welcome to the club of vermont october waiting room. did you already get the hardcopy of noa1? hope things move faster this week...

Hey Guys!

Thanks Kaye!....lol I didnt realize this was the Vermont waiting room oops Im California :blush: and yes I received the hardcopy after a few days of the cheque being cashed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

no problem! :star: hehehe

Hey Guys!

Thanks Kaye!....lol I didnt realize this was the Vermont waiting room oops Im California :blush: and yes I received the hardcopy after a few days of the cheque being cashed

K1 Timeline

Consulate : Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Touched : 2008-10-08

NOA2 : 2009-02-17

NVC: 2009-02-19

Left NVC: 2009-02-20

USEM: 2009-02-24

Medical: March 5-6, 2009

Visa Interview: March 11, 2009

Visa Delivered: March 14, 2009

St. Mary's Katipunan QC: March 16, 2009 got my CFO sticker

Flight: April 14, 2009

Marriage: April 16, 2009

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

June 16, 2009 - Biometrics

June 17, 2009 - case transfered to CA

Sept. 23, 2009 - Green card received

Add us to the list as well. ;-)

Sent off the I-129F on Oct 14, via UPS (I'm stubborn about tracking/delivery confirmations) and is delivering to the VSC today Oct 16.

YAY - Got the NOA1 today. Never been so happy to get a government letter in the mail before ;-)

K-1 - I-129F

AOS - I-485

EAD - I-765

ROC - I-781

• 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.