beans

October 08 K1 Filers

2,110 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Glad someone started this thread!!

I filled last week on 10/7 and they cashed the check on 10/10, so I'm hoping for NOA1 soon. Quick question -- how do they send the NOA1 via email or regular mail?

Look forward to waiting and celebrating this process together.

You can check the NOA1 date online. If you have access to your cashed check image (available to me from my bank), you can get your receipt number which should be stamped on the back of the check. The number will probably start with the letters EAC followed by 10 digits. Go to the following link:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do

and enter this number. It should list the NOA1 date. I don't know if they'll email the NOA1 but you'll definitely receive one in the mail. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Guava. I did exactly that and it worked. My NOA1 was actually October 8th! The process has finally started. Now the wait begins for NOA2!

Good luck to everyone!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

VSC received the petition officially today. Yay, happy times. Good luck everyone!

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

hello october filers:

we reveived our noa1 today :)

good luck to you all!

Piw8m5.png

12.28.07 ♥ Met in atlanta through mutual friends

8.23.08 ♥ Engaged!

10.7.08 ♥ Noa1

2.11.09 ♥ Noa2

2.19.09 ♥ Case Left NVC for Sweden!

3.2.09 ♥ Medical:Passed!

3.4.09 ♥ Packet 4 Received

3.12.09 ♥ Interview: APPROVED

3.17.09 ♥ Visa Received!

4.1.09 ♥ POE: Atlanta

4.12.09 ♥ Civil Marriage

AOS

4.27.09 ♥ Sent AOS

4.30.09 ♥ AOS Package Arrived, Signed for by J. Chyba @ 12:23

5.05.09 ♥ NOA 1 AOS, EAD, AP

5.09.09 ♥ NOA 1 Hardcopy Rec'd

6.03.09 ♥ Biometrics Completed

6.04.09 ♥ AOS & EAD Touch

6.12.09 ♥ Case Transferred to CSC

6.16.09 ♥ Email Approval Notice from CRIS for AP!!

6.19.09 ♥ EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

6.19.09 ♥ AP Received

6.22.09 ♥ EAD Received

8.25.09 ♥ GC Production Ordered

8.31.09 Green Card Received in the mail

1.23.10 Our little bundle of joy arrived happy and healthy. We r now a complete family.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
hello october filers:

we reveived our noa1 today :)

good luck to you all!

Yay!! Means ours shouldn't be too long arriving.

Edited by Laura+Tom

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I filled last week on 10/7 and they cashed the check on 10/10, so I'm hoping for NOA1 soon. Quick question -- how do they send the NOA1 via email or regular mail?

You can check the NOA1 date online. If you have access to your cashed check image (available to me from my bank), you can get your receipt number which should be stamped on the back of the check. The number will probably start with the letters EAC followed by 10 digits. Go to the following link:

and enter this number. It should list the NOA1 date. I don't know if they'll email the NOA1 but you'll definitely receive one in the mail. Hope this helps.

YAY for the thread!!!

We filed yesterday, Oct. 14th

I'm reading about all the cheques being sent...my fiancé did a money order. Guess there's no way to have any info before we receive NOA1 right?

oh boy.....I have to say it again.....WHY DIDN'T I FIND THIS WEBSITE BEFOOOOORE!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Timeline

YAY for the thread!!!

We filed yesterday, Oct. 14th

I'm reading about all the cheques being sent...my fiancé did a money order. Guess there's no way to have any info before we receive NOA1 right?

oh boy.....I have to say it again.....WHY DIDN'T I FIND THIS WEBSITE BEFOOOOORE!

YEah it truly is a god send.

Timeline

Very helpful for those who were unaware. Thank you for the post :)

Add us to the list as well. ;-)

Sent off the I-129F on Oct 14, via UPS (I'm stubborn about tracking/delivery confirmations) and is delivering to the VSC today Oct 16.

K-1 - I-129F

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

• 18 May 2009: Interview - **APPROVED** (213 Days)

AOS - I-485

Field Office: Memphis, TN

• 15 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 131 Days!

EAD - I-765

• 02 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 141 Days (recommend do NOT e-file)

ROC - I-781

• 07 Nov 2011: Package mailed to VSC (USPS Express mail)
  • 08 Nov 2011: Package received at VSC
  • 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1
  • 13 Jan 2012 - Biometrics appointment
  • 24 Aug 2012 - RFE (bummed!!!)
  • 13 Sep 2012 - **APPROVED!!**
  • 24 Sep 2012 - Card received

Timeline

Hello fellow October filers,

I sware I wish I could take care of everything from here! My guy, isn't the most meticulous person in the world, SOOOO he sent the package WITHOUT MAKING COPIES and did not track the envelope so there's not way for us to track it!!! I'm guessing they got it today as he sent it priority mail. As if this was not enough, he sent a money order so we could see when USCIS cashes the check and start tracking the process, like all you fine people are doing...

AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!! All he says is: "don't worry about it babes, all will go well!" I wish I was calm and collected like he is...but I like to know what's going on you know!

Ok had to vent! ;)

Edited by ruby_mtl

129F

AOS, EAD, AP

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

Timeline

I sware I wish I could take care of everything from here! My guy, isn't the most meticulous person in the world, SOOOO he sent the package WITHOUT MAKING COPIES and did not track the envelope so there's not way for us to track it!!! I'm guessing they got it today as he sent it priority mail. As if this was not enough, he sent a money order so we could see when USCIS cashes the check and start tracking the process, like all you fine people are doing...

AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!! All he says is: "don't worry about it babes, all will go well!" I wish I was calm and collected like he is...but I like to know what's going on you know!

Ok had to vent! ;)

The biggest mistake here is not making a copy of the petition. lol And hey, that was hard enough to drill in his head. Other than that you guys did it fine. Sometimes it'sbetter to have the blinders on. Know what I mean? One of those cases where the less you know, the better.

Timeline

Ok had to vent! ;)

The biggest mistake here is not making a copy of the petition. lol And hey, that was hard enough to drill in his head. Other than that you guys did it fine. Sometimes it'sbetter to have the blinders on. Know what I mean? One of those cases where the less you know, the better.

Yeah I know his attitude is the good one to have, but I'm just so stressed about this! And I want to be able to control the information that I have a little, instead of just having to wait. But hey! I guess right now I don't have a choice!

129F

AOS, EAD, AP

Timeline

Ok had to vent! ;)

Yeah I know his attitude is the good one to have, but I'm just so stressed about this! And I want to be able to control the information that I have a little, instead of just having to wait. But hey! I guess right now I don't have a choice!

It will be fine. I'm the same way, I always felt Jeremy might screw it up somehow. But you know what, he loves you. He wants to do this right, time to just breath and have faith. It's out of yours and your fiance's hands, lol time to rely on the government.

Speaking of which, they still haven't cashed our cheque. Weird.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.