ric

AOS Vaccination Records

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Guys

So I've been compiling the AOS packet. For the I693A .. do I need to bring all his old records with him? He swears that the sealed envelope was kept at Immigration and that he wasn't given it back. (This contained the DS-3025 no?? I"m not sure I never got to see it, obviously.) Also am I the only person that can't seem to get the site open to locate a civil surgeon? I just "cannot be shown" every single time! :wacko::crying:

Anyone that clarify this will get free internet brownies!

My Timeline

Summer 2005 - Introduced online by a mutual friend

December 2005- Meet face to face. Mark 12/20 official start date.

June 9, 2007 - NOA1 from VSC

February 20, 2008 - APPROVED!!!

February 21, 2008 - paperwork forwarded to NVC.

February 27, 2008 - paperwork sent to Consulate.

March 6, 2008 - Packet 3 recieved.

March 19, 2008 - Packet 3 returned. (minus checklist!)

April 21, 2008 - Returned checklist. All Packet 3 in London.

May 7, 2008 - Medical.

May 30, 2008 - Interview. APPROVED.

July 27, 2008 - Arrives in US.

August 8, 2008 - Legal Wedding

AOS:

Sent: 10/17/08

Notice of Receipt: 10/23/08

I-765 - Rejected: 10/22/08

I-765 Resubmitted: 11/5/08

I485 RFE (for already submitted documents): 11/10/08

Biometrics appointment: 11/14/08

RFE returned: 11/15/08

Transferred to CSC: 5/15/09

Card Production ordered: 7/28/09

hi ric,

in theory you should have gotten an extra copy of the foreign medical report and then you would have a civil surgeon transcribe the records and administer a tb test. if you have not done that you will need to contact the doctor abroad and try to obtain a copy or go to a lab where they perform an mmr antibody test (determines presence of immunization) which takes a couple of days. then you can have the lab forward the result directly to the civil surgeon you choose and complete your i-693. (we just went through this 2 weeks ago it's fortunately not that bad!!!)

hope that helps and best of luck to you!!!

(i hate chocolate can i have a trifle instead? :D )

ps we didn't have any trouble with the civil surgeon locator?

Edited by Kang Lang

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

The sealed envelope isn't supposed to be given back to you. You should have gotten a copy of the DS-3025 (Vaccination Worksheet) by the physician who did the medical for the k-visa. If you didn't you will either need to get antibody tests to see which vaccines you have or just repeat the vaccines.

If you can find a civil surgeon to just transcribe the vaccinations onto a I-693, that's great, but many people can't. Sometimes they just redo a full exam. If you have to do that, here's a inexpensive civil surgeon I found (she's located in Queens). She charges only $125 for the exam, lab, TB test, and signing the form. Most others charge $200+.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=142097

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I did my medical check up here in USA, I didn't have any vaccination history back in Canada. They administered a vaccines same day as they tested my skin for TB test. I was positive with my TB Skin Test, and I got a chest x-ray and came up negative. The last stage of the medical examination was the physical check up. The same day I got my medical results. They gave me a sealed envelope and a photocopy og my medical.

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

I did my medical check up here in USA, I didn't have any vaccination history back in Canada. They administered a vaccines same day as they tested my skin for TB test. I was positive with my TB Skin Test, and I got a chest x-ray and came up negative. The last stage of the medical examination was the physical check up. The same day I got my medical results. They gave me a sealed envelope and a photocopy og my medical.

here's my take

I had the medical exam done in Korea for the k-1 visa. They had a vaccination screening for the immunzations but they said that it wasn't necessary at that time...so we got a waiver.

When we came into port they took all our paperwork including medical exam. What I am told is that the medical exam will be with the paper work and since we had it done for the k-1 visa we won't need to have it. However, we are getting shots done through my work insurance (yes they cover it) I will just need to take it to a civil surgeon (ours will charge $50 for certification) and just take it in.

Just got a call from the docs office...what they will do is draw blood and check for antibodies for those shots.

My Timeline:

2/27/2007 sent I-129f

5/??/2007 USCIS needed additional info

7/23/2007 I-129f approved

8/3/2007 NVC approves application

8/27/2007 NVC sends approval notice to Seoul embassy

9/6/2007 Seoul embassy finally receives application/filed for interview

9/21/2007 worried about interview

10/13/2007 K-1 approved.

10/20/2007 Arrived in Ameriva

10/29/2007 Filed for marriage certificate

11/24/2007 Filed for AOS I-485 and AP

12/18/2007 Received RFE (overpaid, had to resend check)

1/24/2008 USCIS resumed application process/biometrics appt received

2/04/2008 Biometrics appt

4/??/2008 AP approved and received

9/??/2008 AOS interview schedule received

10/22/2008 AOS interview

11/3/2008 RFE received and returned

FAST FORWARD to Dec 2012. US CITIZEN!!

When we came into port they took all our paperwork including medical exam. What I am told is that the medical exam will be with the paper work and since we had it done for the k-1 visa we won't need to have it. However, we are getting shots done through my work insurance (yes they cover it) I will just need to take it to a civil surgeon (ours will charge $50 for certification) and just take it in.

Just got a call from the docs office...what they will do is draw blood and check for antibodies for those shots.

You are lucky that you found a CS willing to do that and only charge you $50 + vaccinations. Many CS's aren't willing to do that, they want to perform another exam and charge $200-300 (+ vaccinations). :blink:

Edited by kid brooklyn

You are lucky that you found a CS willing to do that and only charge you $50 + vaccinations. Many CS's aren't willing to do that, they want to perform another exam and charge $200-300 (+ vaccinations). :blink:

really? I was under the impression that they were all eager to earn a quick $50. I actually thought it was expensive seeing that a lot of ppl on this board got theirs for $25.

My Timeline:

2/27/2007 sent I-129f

5/??/2007 USCIS needed additional info

7/23/2007 I-129f approved

8/3/2007 NVC approves application

8/27/2007 NVC sends approval notice to Seoul embassy

9/6/2007 Seoul embassy finally receives application/filed for interview

9/21/2007 worried about interview

10/13/2007 K-1 approved.

10/20/2007 Arrived in Ameriva

10/29/2007 Filed for marriage certificate

11/24/2007 Filed for AOS I-485 and AP

12/18/2007 Received RFE (overpaid, had to resend check)

1/24/2008 USCIS resumed application process/biometrics appt received

2/04/2008 Biometrics appt

4/??/2008 AP approved and received

9/??/2008 AOS interview schedule received

10/22/2008 AOS interview

11/3/2008 RFE received and returned

FAST FORWARD to Dec 2012. US CITIZEN!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi!

Here's some info for you in the process.

Here's the USCIS document on the new vaccine/TB skin test requirements. Depending on when the medical was done, you may or may not need something new...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

Here are the impt dates from that website.

Date of Medical Exam

Do I have to submit the revised Form I-693?

Does the medical exam have to be done in accordance with the new TB requirements?

Do I have to receive the new vaccines (if age appropriate?)

Before June 1, 2008

No

No

No

June 1 – July 31, 2008

Yes Edition dates 4/2/08 and 6/5/08 are acceptable

Yes

No

On or after Aug. 1, 2008

Yes - must submit Edition date 6/5/08

Yes

Yes

Here are the instructions from the I-485, page 4 in regards to the medical.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Do not let the doctor try to get you to do more than you need, a new medical is not needed if you've had your medical in the last year. It says so clearly in the instructions for the I-693. David and I paid $25 for the transcription. Call around to different Civil Surgeons or use Dr. Arnold on the first page of the I-693 info (see link below).

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101202

Go with copies of all the printed documents. The I-693 instructions and the print out of the website that I gave you above.

Here are the I-693 instructions.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.