sassygirl876

Wedding Tips

10 posts in this topic

Hello fellow VJ's!!! I want to start this forum to help all the bride-to-bes in preparing their dream wedding!!! We all aim to have our "perfect" wedding but it takes alot to get to that point! Maybe we can give some tips to all our kababayans especially if they are getting married abroad. Share us your experiences, where you bought your supplies, what was your biggest deal, what annoyed you the most, etc.!

Sassy

1_737194689l.jpg

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew...

May 2006 - Meet my husband

February 23, 2008 - 4th visit, got married

March 2008 - Sent I130 to Chicago

March 2008 - RFE due to lack of signature

May 2, 2008 - Sent I130 again to Chicago

May 6, 2008 - Received NOA1

July 26, 2008 - Received RFE, divorce papers

July 29, 2008 - Mailed divorce papers

August 25, 2008 - Received NOA2 - APPROVED!!!

NVC

Aug 27 Arrived at NVC

Sept 9 emailed DS3032

Sept 12 received IIN & AOS bill, sent check

Sept 26 received IV bill

Sept 29 received AOS receipt, sent I-864 package and check for IV

Oct. 10 recived receipt, mailed DS-230

Oct. 17 NVC received DS-230, waiting for approval

Oct. 29 approved!!!!

Oct. 30 letter sent to USEM Manila

Nov. 12 received appointment letter

Nov. 26 medical

Dec. 17 interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Never been married so, havent done this before :) But, i have one suggestion though..always wear your perfect smile especially for the camera :) Pictures are all will be left as token of your very special wedding day... :)

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

This is a truly special event. Hire a PROFESSIONAL videographer. Sure your uncle will do it for free...you get what you pay for.

Make sure they use 2 cameras (there's too much going on for just 1 camera to capture).

View samples of their work. Make sure they use professional equipment, and have backup equipment.

Make sure they have wireless microphones for the ceremony.

Really...there will be a lot going on, that the Bride & Groom won't be able to see everything without a good video...and for the friends and family that can't make it,

they can enjoy your day too...not to mention being able to capture not only the event but all the relatives and friends who will be there...that you may never have a chance to see again.

This is something you'll want to share with your children, or maybe just watch in a few years. If you've gotta cut corners, have fewer guests...but have a good video done,

and saved on at least 2 DVDs in different places (in case one is lost or destroyed).

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

The best thing to do is to plan your wedding ahead. To avoid hassle.

I planned my wedding 6 months ahead time.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Plan as much as you can... but if something does not happen as you expected, do not let it ruin your day... your SO is the most important person that day ... Just have fun.

K

Meet 12/2000; Married 01/2004; AOS 01/2005; R-C 07/2007; Citizen 06/2008
In love for 14 years and happily counting...

Thank you so much guys! I was really happy planning my wedding & by the time i was finished, i felt i can be wedding coordinator, lol! I so wanted everything different & my motto was "think outside of the box" & "cheap but elegant"!! LOL So i figured maybe i can give advice to all the bride-to-bes & wish they will enjoy the planning as much as i did.

Here are the valuable ideas ideas i want to share.

1.) All brides have a VISION of what their wedding will look like. Choose a theme that you want, put it in paper, cut out pictures from the magazine & print photos you saw from the internet. This way you will remain focus with what you really want. Family & friends sometimes gets too excited & they try to push you with what THEY want.

2.) Weddings can be expensive if you are not careful with your spending. Have a list of things you need & write your corresponding budget. You have Audio/Video, Cake, Caterers/Food & Beverage, Sound System, Florists, Wedding Gown, Grooms Wear, Entourage Clothes, Hair & Make-up, Invitations, Venue & Accomodation, Shoes & Jewelries, Souvenirs, Transportation, Wedding Rings, Pastor. You might like to get a quartet or a band who will set the mood but this will also affect your head count. There's the fireworks too if you want a memorable evening. :jest:

3.) Invite only those who are close to you. You'll be paying for their food! My own wedding was in Zambales which is 5hrs from Manila & its on a Saturday afternoon. I have to transport all guests by Friday night & provide them food & accomodation for 3 days!!! Since i'm in a budget, it was sooooo hard to choose who needs to come. :huh:

4.) If you want to get a coordinator, make sure you have checked her work. Talk to her previous clients. She will either give you your dream wedding or your nightmare. Fyi, there are on-the-date-itself wedding coordinator (i'm sorry i forgot what they are called, hehe!). They charge less than the regular events coordinator.

Research, research, research! Make use of your friends & family, they are your networks & they are their to help you (i hope!!! lol).

If you have more suggestions, share it with us please!

1_737194689l.jpg

NVC

Aug 27 Arrived at NVC

Sept 9 emailed DS3032

Sept 26 received IV bill

Oct. 29 approved!!!!

Nov. 26 medical

Dec. 17 interview

Thank you so much guys! I was really happy planning my wedding & by the time i was finished, i felt i can be wedding coordinator, lol! I so wanted everything different & my motto was "think outside of the box" & "cheap but elegant"!! LOL So i figured maybe i can give advice to all the bride-to-bes & wish they will enjoy the planning as much as i did.

Here are the valuable ideas ideas i want to share.

1.) All brides have a VISION of what their wedding will look like. Choose a theme that you want, put it in paper, cut out pictures from the magazine & print photos you saw from the internet. This way you will remain focus with what you really want. Family & friends sometimes gets too excited & they try to push you with what THEY want.

2.) Weddings can be expensive if you are not careful with your spending. Have a list of things you need & write your corresponding budget. You have Audio/Video, Cake, Caterers/Food & Beverage, Sound System, Florists, Wedding Gown, Grooms Wear, Entourage Clothes, Hair & Make-up, Invitations, Venue & Accomodation, Shoes & Jewelries, Souvenirs, Transportation, Wedding Rings, Pastor. You might like to get a quartet or a band who will set the mood but this will also affect your head count. There's the fireworks too if you want a memorable evening. :jest:

3.) Invite only those who are close to you. You'll be paying for their food! My own wedding was in Zambales which is 5hrs from Manila & its on a Saturday afternoon. I have to transport all guests by Friday night & provide them food & accomodation for 3 days!!! Since i'm in a budget, it was sooooo hard to choose who needs to come. :huh:

4.) If you want to get a coordinator, make sure you have checked her work. Talk to her previous clients. She will either give you your dream wedding or your nightmare. Fyi, there are on-the-date-itself wedding coordinator (i'm sorry i forgot what they are called, hehe!). They charge less than the regular events coordinator.

Research, research, research! Make use of your friends & family, they are your networks & they are their to help you (i hope!!! lol).

If you have more suggestions, share it with us please!

1_737194689l.jpg

NVC

Aug 27 Arrived at NVC

Sept 9 emailed DS3032

Sept 26 received IV bill

Oct. 29 approved!!!!

Nov. 26 medical

Dec. 17 interview

I have my own excel file covering all wedding activities.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

make things yourself, or source them at other places rather than at bridal boutiques -- they are a complete rip-off!

If people offer to help, let them help.

Make a budget and stick to it.

Get a good photographer.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.