ROCA

HPV in USA

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So i am nearly due to have my 2nd HPV vaccine. I was wondering if i have to have it? I am going to be applying to remove conditions, do they request to see evidence of having all three jabs?\

If i do have to get it where can i get it from, we havent figured out health insurance yet.

Help anyone?

ROCA

Edited by ROCA

CR-1

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-20

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) : 2008-03-26

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) : 2008-06-12

Date Package Received By NVC : 2008-06-15

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-29

Date Package Left From NVC : 2008-09-05

Interview date at the London embassy : 2008-09-29 ----Changed to the 26th.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

NO :no: Vaccinations proof I-693 is only needed for adjustment of status, OR getting an immigrant visa, NOT when removing conditions.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
So i am nearly due to have my 2nd HPV vaccine. I was wondering if i have to have it? I am going to be applying to remove conditions, do they request to see evidence of having all three jabs?\

If i do have to get it where can i get it from, we havent figured out health insurance yet.

Help anyone?

ROCA

No, you don't have to get it but it would be for your best interest to get it, healthwise.

Since you don't have health insurance established yet, you can go to www.plannedparenthood.org to get your 2nd dose there. It's very affordable and very professional. I used to go to them all the time before I had health insurance of my own.

Diana

Edited by Mononoke28

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

No, you don't have to get it but it would be for your best interest to get it, healthwise.

Since you don't have health insurance established yet, you can go to www.plannedparenthood.org to get your 2nd dose there. It's very affordable and very professional. I used to go to them all the time before I had health insurance of my own.

Diana

Thanks for the advice Diana! :thumbs:

I just got my 1rst shot a week ago, and couldn't believe the cost of it.

I still wanna have the 2 other shots through, and don't have any insurance, so I will definetly try to go there.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for your advice

ROCA

CR-1

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-20

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) : 2008-03-26

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) : 2008-06-12

Date Package Received By NVC : 2008-06-15

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-29

Date Package Left From NVC : 2008-09-05

Interview date at the London embassy : 2008-09-29 ----Changed to the 26th.....

If you don't mind me asking, why would you voluntarily be taking the vaccination that has only been out for 1-2 yrs? There is no medical study showing the usefulness and preventative nature of this vaccine. I'd wait 10 yrs to see what happens as by that time they should have all side-effects and data available to say for certain if it works or not. This way you're just a guinea pigs for big pharmaceutical companies and you pay big bucks for that.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Other Timeline

Because all females applying for green cards in the US are now required to get the HPV vaccine, its not "voluntary". No vaccine, no green card.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I wish I could find it, but I read a post here on VJ where the beneficiary received an RFE for not having the second dose of the HPV vaccine. Now, it could be a training issue on USCIS' side when processing petitions.

Diana

Edited by Mononoke28

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Because all females applying for green cards in the US are now required to get the HPV vaccine, its not "voluntary". No vaccine, no green card.

I would not say all - I believe the age is 11-26 and couldn't a doctor write it down as 'not readily available' or not appropriate in the vaccine sheet if someone does not want to get it. I mean, I understand the requirement to be vaccinated against major communicable diseases but HPV is cervical cancer causing virus and not that easily spreadable, right? So where did the requirement come from?

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Other Timeline

It came from the CDC. They never intended for it to be carried over to immigrants, but USCIS read their recommendation and now require it to be done, no matter what. If you reject it, no green card. A waiver would take several hundred dollars, and more processing time for USCIS to only tell you "no HPV, no green card".

You can't reject it based on its relative newness. You either have to reject it for health reasons, like you're allergic to one of the ingredients (in that case, then you better not have had any other vaccinations with similar ingredients because the waiver will be rejected), or moral or religious reasons (also in which case you better had not had any other vaccinations).

See recent news articles as well as several threads thruout VJ about new vaccination requirements.

Edited by Reba

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would not say all - I believe the age is 11-26 and couldn't a doctor write it down as 'not readily available' or not appropriate in the vaccine sheet if someone does not want to get it. I mean, I understand the requirement to be vaccinated against major communicable diseases but HPV is cervical cancer causing virus and not that easily spreadable, right? So where did the requirement come from?

the doctor can say it is not age appropriate, but it is the docgtor's call, not the patient's. Also, for AOS, the HPV series needs to be started (not finished) to satisfy the vaccination requirement.

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.