KIMCORENE

AOS FILERS: OCTOBER 2008

1,943 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Oh my goodness!! I missed so much good stuff in the past few days!!

Canadianmade: FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS FOR YOU!! :dance: :dance: :dance: I can't wait to change that white line into a yellow one on the spreadsheet! I really hope you'll hear good news soon, after all, they HAVE to return your passport and birth certificate back to you!

Kimcorene: Congrats for receiving the Green Card!! :star::dance: :dance: Now you can concentrate on your baby :star:

To all the ones that are still waiting, everything will work out eventually, and I do hope all October filers will have their Green Cards in their hands soon! :thumbs:

As far as I'm concerned, I'm going through a bit of stress caused by my current work place. I was waiting for my new job in San Diego to be finalized but my current employer is giving me a hard time since I made them aware of the situation. In the meantime my husband also found a job in the area and he's starting already on the 27th of April, while I'm still trying to get everything worked out! So on top of having to organize an out of State move, I also have the added stress of not knowing WHEN/IF I will have a job when we do move! Sorry.. I had to vent :(

Oh well, I guess I shouldn't complain too much about it, it's just that I didn't think it was going to be so much of a hassle.

It'll all be over, one way or another, right?

Good luck everyone!

05/12/04 => Arrived in the US under L1 status / work visa

03/05/05 => Met the love of my life

07/02/07 => Married my wonderful USC husband

______AOS JOURNEY________________________________

10/03/08 => Package sent to USCIS

03/03/09 => Interview in Chicago, IL =>> APPROVED!

______REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY______________

12/03/10 => Package sent to California service center

03/02/11 => 10 YR GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!

______CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY_________________________

01/20/12 => Filed N-400 for Citizenship

06/21/12 => Citizenship interview: Approved!

07/25/12 => Oath Ceremony.. DONE WITH USCIS!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Completed our AOS Interview and was advised we'd receive the Green Card in the mail shortly. Total time in interview 30 minutes. Didn't look at almost ANY of the stuff we brought... Only kept the 2008 taxes and evidence of joint bank account and utility bills, insurance papers, etc. Did not take his EAD or AP papers. Just the I-94. Didn't want to see his children's birth certificates, even though we offered them...

Very nice IO. At first she said that after the interview if they needed anything else they would contact us, but at the end wished us much luck and happiness and said we'd be getting the card in the mail soon... so I guess we must have "passed"... Told us to mark the calendar so we didn't forget to apply for the permanent green card... and to save more evidence for the next process, but said there wouldn't likely be an interview, just forms to mail in..

Lots of worrying for a very simple and quick meeting... But won't be 100% sure till we see the "card in the mail"..

Good luck to anyone else who's still waiting (thinking we might be the last...)

congrats to those who have been approved and received cards!!!

canadianmade i hope to hear some great news from you soon!

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Jay and I had our interview yesterday. The officer really lead us to believe that we were not going to be approved. She kept saying that she didn't see enough evidence that we actually live together. I was about to freak out! Then i saw her staple his I-94 into our file, and I have learned from being on here that when they do that, you're usually approved. She still didn't say a thing about being approved or denied, and asked to look through our photo album. She got to the end where Jay and I had visited Georgia last month to visit my sister, and that's when she lightened up because apparently that is where she was from. She left to go make a copy of our sons birth certificate and came back and started typing away on her computer. Then the printer started going. And I've learned from here too, that the printer running is a good sign as well! The she said, "I've decided to approve your case." SWEET!!!!! We were so excited!!!! When we left the room I told her that she was the coolest lady ever! Jay and I have been on edge and in bad moods for months, but after three o'clock yesterday, we couldn't erase the smiles from our faces!!! Thank you everyone for all of you help and advice! This was the most stressful thing I have ever done in my entire life!!!!

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

05/05/2007 met jay online

05/25/2007 spoke to jay for the first time and every single day after that

11/20/2007 jay flew in to IAD!

12/26/2007 told jay we were having a baby!

02/02/2008 jay asked me to marry him.

02/15/2008 jay had to fly back home.

08/04/2008 jay came back!

08/14/2008 had our baby, gage lee stringer!

10/11/2008 married!

10/22/2008 mailed out AOS package

10/23/2008 received and signed by V Bustamante

10/31/2008 checks cashed!

11/03/2008 received NOA's for I-485 and I-130

11/08/2008 received biometrics appointment date 11/21/2008

11/17/2008 received RFE

11/21/2008 biometrics appointment completed!

01/29/2009 returned RFE to USCIS

03/07/2009 received interview letter for 04/16/2009

04/17/2009 interview at 1:30 APPROVED!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Jay and I had our interview yesterday. The officer really lead us to believe that we were not going to be approved. She kept saying that she didn't see enough evidence that we actually live together. I was about to freak out! Then i saw her staple his I-94 into our file, and I have learned from being on here that when they do that, you're usually approved. She still didn't say a thing about being approved or denied, and asked to look through our photo album. She got to the end where Jay and I had visited Georgia last month to visit my sister, and that's when she lightened up because apparently that is where she was from. She left to go make a copy of our sons birth certificate and came back and started typing away on her computer. Then the printer started going. And I've learned from here too, that the printer running is a good sign as well! The she said, "I've decided to approve your case." SWEET!!!!! We were so excited!!!! When we left the room I told her that she was the coolest lady ever! Jay and I have been on edge and in bad moods for months, but after three o'clock yesterday, we couldn't erase the smiles from our faces!!! Thank you everyone for all of you help and advice! This was the most stressful thing I have ever done in my entire life!!!!

CONGRATS BOTH OF YOU !!.....

--------------------

AOS from H1B

--------------------

03.09.09 I-130 Filed

03.10.09 Receipt Date @ California Service Center

03.17.09 NOA date for I-130

05.01.09 I-130 Approved & Sent for review !

AOS I-485 Data section:

04.06.09 I- 485 Filed

04.07.09 Receipt Date @ National Benefits Center (MSC- Missouri)

04.13.09 I-485 NOA

04.18.09 I-485 Biometrics Notice Received

04.29.09 Biometrics Appointment for AOS & EAD

06.10.09 Letter for INITIAL Interview

07.27.09 I-485 INITIAL Interview APPROVED

07.27.09 Cris Email: Card Production ordered

07.31.09 Received Welcome Notice of PR status by U.S. Mail

08.04.09 Cris Email: I-485 Approval Notice mailed

08.10.09 Green Card RECEIVED

EAD I-765 Data section:

04.07.09 EAD Receipt

04.13.09 EAD NOA @ National Benefits Center (MSC- Missouri)

05.13.09 EAD Card Production Ordered

05.21.09 EAD Received by US Mail

blk-event.png

Hey guys well yesterday my wife and I had an infopass appointment at our local office in Cleveland and we talked to an immigration officer. He was a very nice man, he was black guy, older and he was totally cool, my wife and I were chatting him up for about 30min and he asked us if we had an appointment and we said yes, but we didnt have the appointment paper because when we made the appointment we didnt have a printer were we made the appointment and we wrote down the confirmation # and stuff. He was telling us about his vacation to Alabama and that he totally wrecked a car coming back and all that stuff and making jokes and stuff. We wished we had him as our interviewer. He didnt make a big deal about not having the appointment paper, and he just asked for my name, and he confirmed that we did have an appointment, and we started to get down to business. We presented him with the RFE letter that we received in the mail this past saturday, and presented him with my passport and birth certificate, and he was explaning to us that he doesnt understand why they would ask for these things again if they saw it at the interview, but he did tell us that the reason why they are asking for this is to confirm that I am born and raised in Toronto, ON Canada, and to verify that I didnt naturalize to become a Canadian citizen because he said that Canada is one of the easiest countries to gain citizenship and that many terriosits do use Canada to become Canadian citizens and come to the USA and claim to be Canadian to get entry into the US easier. They are also using my passport and birth certificate to track my entries and confirm that I did enter legally because they apprently cant find my enteries into the US on their computer. He also was saying that they are doing it to poke more at me and just to verify that I am indeed a natural born Canadian. I did also find out that the woman who conducted the interview no longer has our case and that someone else does now and that made us very happy to hear. We did voice our opinions that we had a terrible interviewer and that she was very judgemental and said many things geared towards me that I couldnt possibly enter the US legally because I had no stamps in my passport and he confirmed that at the land borders that they dont stamp passports and its normal. He also said that Cleveland doesnt conduct 2nd interviews, and its based on one interview and or denial, but he did say that this is no denial for what they have asked us to bring in and if it was worst we would know. At least we did find out that the background checks and name check is clear and we did get alot of useful information and it was really nice talking to a human being not a robot. I hinted along so does this mean an approval LOL, he said he cant say because its not his case. So at the end we had to leave my passport and birth certificate with him so he can give it to the person whos working on the case because he wasnt in yesterday, so we will see what happens and we did get a photocopy of the letter we got in the mail with a date stamp and his intitals saying we did drop off the evidence and they recieved it. I would say that we both had a very good experience at the infopass appointment and just hope this turns out to be good news. Wish us luck guys.

Hey CanadianMade,

Glad to hear about the news you received.It was not right how that I.O conducted your recent interview and made you suffer for 2 months. There are some some people who hear nothing for a very long time so I'm glad things went well. I think your good to go..You know how these people are about verifying stuff..I think you had to submit it again because someone different has your case now..Great news..Major progress..I hope you feel a lot better now. :thumbs:

Congrats on getting your actual cards Kimcorene and everyone else on their approval. :thumbs:

Enjoy the rest of the week everyone.Be safe!

Thank you SweetnSexc and yeah the appointment went pretty good and a very nice IO and let me tell you how much it annoys the living ####### out of me that my case got delayed 2 months with no word. I do hope something good comes out of this and we feel that we are good to go and we should get the approval soon. I do feel alot better that someone else has the case now and hope we dont have to sit around again for this. Thanks for the support and will let you guys know when I hear something.

Removal of Conditions

05/20/2011.....................Sent off package today, so now playing the waiting game.(Day 1)

05/23/2011.....................Package was received(Day 3)

05/28/2011.....................Received NOA/one year extention letter dated 5/23/2011(Day 8)

06/04/2011.....................I got my biometrics letter in the mail, my appointment is for 06/13/2011@11:00am (Day 14)

06/13/2011.....................Biometrics appointment today @Cleveland, Ohio @11:00am (Day 23)

09/20/2011.....................Approved for 10yr green card, wooohooooo next step citizenship

09/24/2011.....................Received 10yr green card in the mail.

My window for Citizenship 05/20/2012

Oh my goodness!! I missed so much good stuff in the past few days!!

Canadianmade: FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS FOR YOU!! :dance: :dance: :dance: I can't wait to change that white line into a yellow one on the spreadsheet! I really hope you'll hear good news soon, after all, they HAVE to return your passport and birth certificate back to you!

Kimcorene: Congrats for receiving the Green Card!! :star::dance: :dance: Now you can concentrate on your baby :star:

To all the ones that are still waiting, everything will work out eventually, and I do hope all October filers will have their Green Cards in their hands soon! :thumbs:

As far as I'm concerned, I'm going through a bit of stress caused by my current work place. I was waiting for my new job in San Diego to be finalized but my current employer is giving me a hard time since I made them aware of the situation. In the meantime my husband also found a job in the area and he's starting already on the 27th of April, while I'm still trying to get everything worked out! So on top of having to organize an out of State move, I also have the added stress of not knowing WHEN/IF I will have a job when we do move! Sorry.. I had to vent :(

Oh well, I guess I shouldn't complain too much about it, it's just that I didn't think it was going to be so much of a hassle.

It'll all be over, one way or another, right?

Good luck everyone!

Thanks Rosie and yeah it was about time that I heard something about my case and I cant wait to hear that I will get the approval. I will most definately let you guys know when I hear something. I still cant believe they took this long to issue this to me unbelivable, I do think personally they delayed my case on purpose because they can. I better get my passport and birth certificate in one peace. I am sorry to hear about your current situation with you job and I do hope it gets resolved soon and unbelievable that your current employer is giving you such a hard time. Good luck to you and the move and it will work out in the end.

Completed our AOS Interview and was advised we'd receive the Green Card in the mail shortly. Total time in interview 30 minutes. Didn't look at almost ANY of the stuff we brought... Only kept the 2008 taxes and evidence of joint bank account and utility bills, insurance papers, etc. Did not take his EAD or AP papers. Just the I-94. Didn't want to see his children's birth certificates, even though we offered them...

Very nice IO. At first she said that after the interview if they needed anything else they would contact us, but at the end wished us much luck and happiness and said we'd be getting the card in the mail soon... so I guess we must have "passed"... Told us to mark the calendar so we didn't forget to apply for the permanent green card... and to save more evidence for the next process, but said there wouldn't likely be an interview, just forms to mail in..

Lots of worrying for a very simple and quick meeting... But won't be 100% sure till we see the "card in the mail"..

Good luck to anyone else who's still waiting (thinking we might be the last...)

CONGRADS to you on getting approved for your green card KHPerfectMatch, you should go and celebrate and thanks for sharing your interview experience. :dance::dance:

Removal of Conditions

05/20/2011.....................Sent off package today, so now playing the waiting game.(Day 1)

05/28/2011.....................Received NOA/one year extention letter dated 5/23/2011(Day 8)

06/04/2011.....................I got my biometrics letter in the mail, my appointment is for 06/13/2011@11:00am (Day 14)

06/13/2011.....................Biometrics appointment today @Cleveland, Ohio @11:00am (Day 23)

09/20/2011.....................Approved for 10yr green card, wooohooooo next step citizenship

Congrads stringers wench on getting APPROVED for your green card and hope you guys are celebrating and I dont blame you guys for not erasing the smiles on your faces enjoy. :dance::dance: I am glad to hear that you guys prevailed in the end at your interview, thanks for the review.

congrats to those who have been approved and received cards!!!

canadianmade i hope to hear some great news from you soon!

Thanks Kang Lang. I too hope to hear good news too, and thanks for the support guys, we will let you guys know when we hear something.

Removal of Conditions

thanks everyone! we couldn't have done it without all of the support and advise from all of you!!! Jay received his welcome to america letter in the mail yesterday!!

05/05/2007 met jay online

05/25/2007 spoke to jay for the first time and every single day after that

11/20/2007 jay flew in to IAD!

12/26/2007 told jay we were having a baby!

02/02/2008 jay asked me to marry him.

02/15/2008 jay had to fly back home.

08/04/2008 jay came back!

08/14/2008 had our baby, gage lee stringer!

10/11/2008 married!

10/22/2008 mailed out AOS package

10/23/2008 received and signed by V Bustamante

10/31/2008 checks cashed!

11/03/2008 received NOA's for I-485 and I-130

11/08/2008 received biometrics appointment date 11/21/2008

11/17/2008 received RFE

11/21/2008 biometrics appointment completed!

01/29/2009 returned RFE to USCIS

03/07/2009 received interview letter for 04/16/2009

04/17/2009 interview at 1:30 APPROVED!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
thanks everyone! we couldn't have done it without all of the support and advise from all of you!!! Jay received his welcome to america letter in the mail yesterday!!

Congratulations!! :dance::dance:

I just updated the spreadsheet :thumbs:

05/12/04 => Arrived in the US under L1 status / work visa

03/05/05 => Met the love of my life

07/02/07 => Married my wonderful USC husband

______AOS JOURNEY________________________________

10/03/08 => Package sent to USCIS

03/03/09 => Interview in Chicago, IL =>> APPROVED!

______REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY______________

12/03/10 => Package sent to California service center

03/02/11 => 10 YR GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!

______CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY_________________________

01/20/12 => Filed N-400 for Citizenship

06/21/12 => Citizenship interview: Approved!

07/25/12 => Oath Ceremony.. DONE WITH USCIS!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT DR. ARNOLD

It is important to note that Dr. Arnold will not be able to fill out a completed I-693 form. The part 2 of the the I-693 form cannot be performed if you do not go to their office in Texas. If you are not in the local area this may not be the best option for you.

I was recently told at my initial interview that they could not give us the approval because the I-693 Medical form was not completed all the way. For my situation the part 2 medical examination was not filled out because my wife was not physically there for the examination. I had no way of know that the form was not completely fill out because it was sealed until my interview.

There are cases were Dr. Arnold's service would be acceptable by the USCIS. For example if you were a K-1 Visa Applicant that is now applying for a AOS, it would work out to your advantage because you would have most likely already have completed a medical examination prior to coming to the United States during the K-1 phase of your citizenship process. If this sound like your situation or case and you have had a prior medical examination done that USCIS already has on file then by all means using Dr. Arnold would be a great way to save money on a Civil Surgeon.

In my case however we went straight to the AOS package and never have the medical examination done, therefore Dr. Arnolds office left that blank on the form putting our case on hold again. In conclusion please be advised if you are processing your AOS and or have not had a medical examination done or documented by the USCIS. Please go ahead and save your money and not use Dr. Arnold. Just go ahead and use the expensive but necessary Civil Surgeon in your Local area. If anyone is lost on this email me at dj_osmo@yahoo.com I dont check Visajourney that often.

10/21/2006 - Met online (Hi5)

08/01/2007 - Met her and family in Kitchener, ON Canada

11/08/2007 - Engaged in San Diego, CA USA

12/21/2007 - Married in St. Petersburg, FL USA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/14/2008 - Day 00 - Mailed AOS packet to Chicago Lockbox

10/30/2008 - Day 01 - Denied due to signature missing and resent packet to Chicago Lockbox

10/31/2008 - Day 02 - I-130/I-485/I-765 received

11/06/2008 - Day 08 - I-130/I-485 reciept of notice mailed and case pending

11/08/2008 - Day 10 - Received NOA 1

11/12/2008 - Day 14 - Signed up for USCIS email updates...case pending

11/16/2008 - Day 18 - Biometics recieved

11/18/2008 - Day 20 - RFE sent out. USCIS request Medical Screening information (Opps!)

11/28/2008 - Day 30 - RFE received

12/03/2008 - Day 33 - Biometics appointment (completed)

12/04/2008 - Day 34 - I-485/I-765 touched

12/05/2008 - Day 35 - I-693 sent to Dr. Arnold in Texas for Medical Screening

01/08/2009 - Day 69 - Mailed RFE out to USCIS.

01/14/2009 - Day 75 - USCIS received RFE.

02/25/2009 - Day 117 - Received EAD Card.

02/27/2009 - Day 119 - Applied for SSN number.

04/10/2009 - Day 161 - Received SSN.

04/20/2009 - Day 171 - Initial Interview (Almost approved, need COMPLETED I-693)

Congrats!

USCIS TIMELINE

N400 (Citizenship Application):

Package sent: 02/17/2012

NOA Date: 02/21/2012

It is important to note that Dr. Arnold will not be able to fill out a completed I-693 form. The part 2 of the the I-693 form cannot be performed if you do not go to their office in Texas. If you are not in the local area this may not be the best option for you.

I was recently told at my initial interview that they could not give us the approval because the I-693 Medical form was not completed all the way. For my situation the part 2 medical examination was not filled out because my wife was not physically there for the examination. I had no way of know that the form was not completely fill out because it was sealed until my interview.

There are cases were Dr. Arnold's service would be acceptable by the USCIS. For example if you were a K-1 Visa Applicant that is now applying for a AOS, it would work out to your advantage because you would have most likely already have completed a medical examination prior to coming to the United States during the K-1 phase of your citizenship process. If this sound like your situation or case and you have had a prior medical examination done that USCIS already has on file then by all means using Dr. Arnold would be a great way to save money on a Civil Surgeon.

In my case however we went straight to the AOS package and never have the medical examination done, therefore Dr. Arnolds office left that blank on the form putting our case on hold again. In conclusion please be advised if you are processing your AOS and or have not had a medical examination done or documented by the USCIS. Please go ahead and save your money and not use Dr. Arnold. Just go ahead and use the expensive but necessary Civil Surgeon in your Local area. If anyone is lost on this email me at dj_osmo@yahoo.com I dont check Visajourney that often.

Did you use VJ guide when submitting the AOS?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you use VJ guide when submitting the AOS?

No why is my circumstance covered in that?

10/21/2006 - Met online (Hi5)

08/01/2007 - Met her and family in Kitchener, ON Canada

11/08/2007 - Engaged in San Diego, CA USA

12/21/2007 - Married in St. Petersburg, FL USA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/14/2008 - Day 00 - Mailed AOS packet to Chicago Lockbox

10/30/2008 - Day 01 - Denied due to signature missing and resent packet to Chicago Lockbox

10/31/2008 - Day 02 - I-130/I-485/I-765 received

11/06/2008 - Day 08 - I-130/I-485 reciept of notice mailed and case pending

11/08/2008 - Day 10 - Received NOA 1

11/12/2008 - Day 14 - Signed up for USCIS email updates...case pending

11/16/2008 - Day 18 - Biometics recieved

11/18/2008 - Day 20 - RFE sent out. USCIS request Medical Screening information (Opps!)

11/28/2008 - Day 30 - RFE received

12/03/2008 - Day 33 - Biometics appointment (completed)

12/04/2008 - Day 34 - I-485/I-765 touched

12/05/2008 - Day 35 - I-693 sent to Dr. Arnold in Texas for Medical Screening

01/08/2009 - Day 69 - Mailed RFE out to USCIS.

01/14/2009 - Day 75 - USCIS received RFE.

02/25/2009 - Day 117 - Received EAD Card.

02/27/2009 - Day 119 - Applied for SSN number.

04/10/2009 - Day 161 - Received SSN.

04/20/2009 - Day 171 - Initial Interview (Almost approved, need COMPLETED I-693)

congrats on your card Kimcorene!!!

Canadianmade, I'm so happy for you. Finally you got some clarification.

I am still waiting for that notice to arrive. I'm trying to make an infopass but the closest open one is on may 5th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.