~Laura and Nick~

Well

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Grey area thread, please leave in CA forum as per moving guide.

Thanks.

:unsure:

tee hee.. the mods are watching us CDS.. making sure we're not a bunch of commies I'd say :bonk:

LOL

What the heck was that about??? :blink:

ah.. i'm just pulling yer chain!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you are feeling sad, but living in Jersey will totally depress anybody. :rofl:

Seriously though, it's normal. My wife has the same feelings. She's been here about 4 months and there have been a handful of days that she so depressed and was almost ready to pack-up and go back. This is normal and you are definitely not alone. Once you get your AP or greencard you can go as much as you need to. This first waiting period is tough but you need to think about how much you love your husband, your new life, and how long you have waited to be here.

LOL not you E!!

I meant, what is all this talk about??? LOL Who is moving so much #######?

I'm an organizer...I didn't know there was a move guide I was suppose to be following!! LOL

Sorry you are feeling sad, but living in Jersey will totally depress anybody. :rofl:

Seriously though, it's normal. My wife has the same feelings. She's been here about 4 months and there have been a handful of days that she so depressed and was almost ready to pack-up and go back. This is normal and you are definitely not alone. Once you get your AP or greencard you can go as much as you need to. This first waiting period is tough but you need to think about how much you love your husband, your new life, and how long you have waited to be here.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline

LOL not you E!!

I'm an organizer...I didn't know there was a move guide I was suppose to be following!! LOL

hee hee.. i noticed it a couple of times in the CDN forum this am.. same poster..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
the moving is going on in a lot of regional forums.. especially the PI forum :blink:

and it ain't me.. I don't remember the last time I moved a thread... :unsure:

LOL not you E!!

mvSuprise-hug.gif

ok I'm noticing some of the threads being moved...pretty crappy...I've moved a few back to the Canada board. :devil:

Who is moving them?

Leave them well enough alone, there is a reason most of us Canadians who post here don't post our topics in the off topic board...if we wanted them there, we would post them there.

:angry:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline

Tell me something I Don't know. :lol:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
ok I'm noticing some of the threads being moved...pretty crappy...I've moved a few back to the Canada board. :devil:

Who is moving them?

Leave them well enough alone, there is a reason most of us Canadians who post here don't post our topics in the off topic board...if we wanted them there, we would post them there.

:angry:

:thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I still miss home and I've been here 3 yrs! Course my 12 yr old daughter is back home and until we can get her here, this place will never feel like home.

I think it really depends on the area you live as well. I'm in Utah and people here aren't too friendly to new comers. Have only 1 friend here besides my hubby. Have tried everything to make friends but most of these people are Mormons, have lived here all their lives , have grown up together with their close friends and can't be bothered making friends with someone new. So, I spend a lot of time by myself. I'm even getting used to it. I am a very outgoing person, and usually can make friends really easy, but not here.

I'm hoping to go home for christmas but it depends if I can find another job, (been looking since May) and finances are hurtin.

Oh well, such is life!

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Today has been a particularly rough day.

I'm just venting here as I need it I think.

Things are good here, don't get me wrong but, I miss home, bad.

I lived there my whole life everyone always says they can't wait to get out of Brantford....now that I'm gone well.....it's just not the same here.

My parents and brother came this weekend for a visit and to meet Nick's family. It went great and I loved seeing them. They left this morning. Also, today is my best friend Shelby's birthday, her 21st. She was my maid of honour. I can't be there with her today, I can't kiss her and give her a big hug and just spend some time with her celebrating her day. My heart is breaking a bit.

She had a party with all of our people from my old job (we worked together) and there were my friends, out having an amazing time, celebrating and laughing and I wasn't there.

:(

I'm happy here with Nick but there is a section of my heart, this painful spot that today is hurting more than usual.

Hi Laura....I can relate. From the 'flip' side of things, I'm from the US, am in Canada....and I have really bad days as well. You definitely get out of your 'comfort' zone and feel totally lost. For now, I just ride the 'emotional' roller coaster.....good day, bad day, good day. I hope that the bad days become fewer soon. Hang in there!! {hugs}

Timeline

Sorry to bump this thread.

But I found coming back from Canada this time was easier. I think it helps now that Mike and I are on our own, and when we crossed the border into the states I actually went: "Yay we're home!" and Mike pointed out that it was the first time he heard me refer to the states as home.

I guess thats a good thing.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

:thumbs:

Nev, I think we are both moving in the right direction. I was going to ask you the other day if you are feeling any better about being here. I'm not feeling SO bad anymore.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been in the States almost two years and there are days that I miss Canada so desperately I could scream. I was back in Toronto a couple of weeks ago and when I came back through immigration at Pearson, the (nice!!!) customs guy said "welcome home". It set me back on my heels for a second. The funny thing is, I did feel like I was returning "home" to North Carolina. On this particular trip to Toronto, the city seemed dingy and dirty to me not to mention a lot more congested. Two of the mornings I took the subway downtown to meet friends and I couldn't get a seat. It was 10:15-10:30am so rush hour was well over by then. People tell me the influx of immigrants to the major Canadian urban centers is astounding. So many things were going through my head like Canada's open door immigration policy versus the hell I'm going through to become an American citizen. Not exactly sure what I'm missing so badly.......for sure the people I love but it's more than that......a political system I can understand? less hostilty for people of different ethnicities? the availability of Shreddies?

Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne

Filed: Timeline

Aaaargh! I forgot to bring back some Shreddies! :bonk:

I've been gone for two years and just got back from a visit. Did 4 u-turns in less than 30 minutes driving in an area I "thought" I knew well. Except they'd done so much construction since I'd been there that all my recognizable landmarks were gone. There were literally hundreds of new houses and new buildings and new roads and new traffic lights where there hadn't been before. I got totally lost. :blink:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Been here in the South now for three years, and I still miss my friends and family at home. My friends call all the time or I call them. Sometimes I just wish I could be there for 24 hours when I know there all going to go to a camp or party with all the girls.

If my oldest son and parents could move here I would be fine.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.