nowhereman

Political Threads

368 posts in this topic

:lol: You need to get over your post deficiency complex.

You need to get over dribbling like some drunken guy at a pub.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Which is fine, but how exactly does it lead to proper debate or discussion if the only requirement to poo poo an idea/argument is to suggest the person holding that point of view is a liberal (communist, tree hugging hippy, dope smoking, lesbian poodle) and subject closed? I might as well counterpoint that with calling people jackbooted, facist, lipstick wearing pigs and pack my bags. In fact, the temptation is very, very strong :)

I am not denying labels are thrown out, human nature really, but get annoyed when only one side is held accountable, 24/7, while the other is given a green light to use them.

Right or wrong, labels are a part of life and in every single group and culture.

I call em like I see them & although both parties are guilty of misusing labels, rhetoric, distortions of the truth, etc. it's my opinion that Republicans have been much more guilty of this over the past 8 years. Of course the Bush administration is (again in my opinion) largely responsible for this, due to the dirty tactics of scumbags like Karl Rove. Although Rove is a complete scumbag he's a smart one, because he knows that if you throw enough manure on the wall some will stick.

I was a Reagan follower back in the late 80's but the antics of the Bush administration have pushed my views to the left... I would "label" myself a moderate independent at this point. Once the bad taste of the Bush administration leaves my mouth I may vote for some Republicans again, but for the next election I feel that they've lost the right to run this country. Others would argue that the conduct of the Democrats have pushed them farther right & to each his own... it's a free country.

That's kind of how I see it - even though if the alternative is similarly mediocre. It's not going to make a huge difference to anything.

Can't see it. :(

hmm you're right, maybe if we ask Aficionado nicely...

If you click on "my control panel" and then click on "Manage Ignored Users", on the bottom left hand side of the screen, you can see it once you add a user.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

I call em like I see them & although both parties are guilty of misusing labels, rhetoric, distortions of the truth, etc. it's my opinion that Republicans have been much more guilty of this over the past 8 years. Of course the Bush administration is (again in my opinion) largely responsible for this, due to the dirty tactics of scumbags like Karl Rove. Although Rove is a complete scumbag he's a smart one, because he knows that if you throw enough manure on the wall some will stick.

I was a Reagan follower back in the late 80's but the antics of the Bush administration have pushed my views to the left... I would "label" myself a moderate independent at this point. Once the bad taste of the Bush administration leaves my mouth I may vote for some Republicans again, but for the next election I feel that they've lost the right to run this country. Others would argue that the conduct of the Democrats have pushed them farther right & to each his own... it's a free country.

Internal bickering is the cause of failure for quite a number of superpowers throughout history. The United States is clearly heading this way. Or towards another civil war.

Edited by Aficionado

If you click on "my control panel" and then click on "Manage Ignored Users", on the bottom left hand side of the screen, you can see it once you add a user.

haha, ignored users. thanks :thumbs:

The irony hey.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Aficionado is my kind of guy; he's not intimidated by the OT PC bullies. And he's right, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. There are few conservatives who charge into a thread with both barrels blazing, spewing insults. That is a longtime liberal tactic here, much like what libs do at campus speaking engagements when the speaker is perceived to be conservative. You can't throw pies, so you sling invectives.

It's demonstrable that there are some here who enjoy taunting and insulting those who don't see eye to eye with them. Or, you see yoursselves as crusaders intent on ridding your "space" of those you deem to be undesireable. If you get a group on a thread like this, it's like red meat. The sad fact is, you can't even see how rude, nasty and meaningless your responses are in any other context. You don't even believe you're insulting while trying to beat people into your way of thinking. This is such a trip. You want free speech for yourselves, but not for those who disagree with you.

Edited by Virtual wife

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

WELCOME TO VJ !!!

Hee hee hee.

It's probably best if I stop reading political threads and just do as Nagi did here :)

I don't fit nicely into any of the little "camps" here but I've about had it UPTOHERE with the name calling and the utter ridiculousness. I especially like that if I am a high earner with advanced degrees in a good job, who has strong moral values....I must be crazy to want Obama to win :lol:

Edited by jundp

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I couldn't agree more. If you ask me they've put this country into a right old pickle and don't deserve to run the USA anymore. Yes, the Dems may do a piss poor job too, but they should get the chance to try to put things right first.

I couldn't agree more. If you ask me they've put this country into a right old pickle and don't deserve to run the USA anymore. Yes, the Dems may do a piss poor job too, but they should get the chance to try to put things right first.

Then in 4 years or 8 years the country realizes they too are full of ####### and the cycle beings over again.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

They've had the Congress for nearly two years, broke all the promises they made to end corruption and behave morally, gone on vacation during crisis, held up any progress, let things slide downhill further, and generally acted like they don't give a damn. They won't put a damn thing 'right. They only want the power, not the responsibility.

I must be crazy to want Obama to win

I can't argue with that! :D

Filed: Timeline

You all suck. Every single one of you.

Debating politics is like debating religion...

A whole lot of lying, a belief in fantasy, and no way to prove anything.

Sorry. I'm just really wishing the election were over so this ####### can die down for another year or two.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Aficionado is my kind of guy; he's not intimidated by the OT PC bullies. And he's right, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. There are few conservatives who charge into a thread with both barrels blazing, spewing insults. That is a longtime liberal tactic here, much like what libs do at campus speaking engagements when the speaker is perceived to be conservative. You can't throw pies, so you sling invectives.

It's demonstrable that there are some here who enjoy taunting and insulting those who don't see eye to eye with them. Or, you see yoursselves as crusaders intent on ridding your "space" of those you deem to be undesireable. If you get a group on a thread like this, it's like red meat. The sad fact is, you can't even see how rude, nasty and meaningless your responses are in any other context. You don't even believe you're insulting while trying to beat people into your way of thinking. This is such a trip. You want free speech for yourselves, but not for those who disagree with you.

Bingo!

The ironic point is highlighted in red. Considering since the 70's they have been beating 24/7, like someone tripping on something, about free speech and rights.

Edited by Aficionado