Political Threads

368 posts in this topic

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I was a Reagan follower back in the late 80's but the antics of the Bush administration have pushed my views to the left... I would "label" myself a moderate independent at this point. Once the bad taste of the Bush administration leaves my mouth I may vote for some Republicans again, but for the next election I feel that they've lost the right to run this country. Others would argue that the conduct of the Democrats have pushed them farther right & to each his own... it's a free country.

I couldn't agree more. If you ask me they've put this country into a right old pickle and don't deserve to run the USA anymore. Yes, the Dems may do a piss poor job too, but they should get the chance to try to put things right first.

They've had the Congress for nearly two years, broke all the promises they made to end corruption and behave morally, gone on vacation during crisis, held up any progress, let things slide downhill further, and generally acted like they don't give a damn. They won't put a damn thing 'right. They only want the power, not the responsibility.

I must be crazy to want Obama to win

I can't argue with that! :D

Do you not think, even the slightest, that the Republican party has put the country into a right old pickle? This country's economy is as green and slimey as a fresh cucumber straight out of a jar of pickling vinegar. The smell is slightly acidic and rots the very fabric of society.

Do you not think, even the slightest, that the Republican party has put the country into a right old pickle? This country's economy is as green and slimey as a fresh cucumber straight out of a jar of pickling vinegar. The smell is slightly acidic and rots the very fabric of society.

I always thought you guys had three branches of government. Based on some of what I read here it seems that GWB is 110% responsible for all of the country. Fair enough. Unfortunately he does not have the power to do anything, due to the three levels of government but gets all of the blame. Which leaves the question, why do you guys even have senators or the house. They obviously do not do anything and are dead weight.

When I think of the system here I equate it to a manager having to ask for permission to do something from their staff and the shareholders. Effectively, under such a system, nothing happens unless his staff agree with him. So why hold the manager responsible considering he does not really have the power to do anything. The same applies to the Federal government.

Blaming GWB when Democrats have controlled the house and Senate for nearly a year now is wrong.

Edited by Aficionado

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I always thought you guys had three branches of government. Based on some of what I read here it seems that GWB is 110% responsible for all of the country. Fair enough. Unfortunately he does not have the power to do anything, due to the three levels of government but gets all of the blame. Which leaves the question, why do you guys even have senators or the house. They obviously do not do anything and are dead weight.

When I think of the system here I equate it to a manager having to ask for permission to do something from their staff and the customers. Effectively, under such a system, nothing happens unless his staff agree with him. So why hold the manager responsible considering he does not really have the power to do anything. I thikn the same applies to the Federal government. Blaming GWB when Democrats have controlled the house and Senate for nearly a year now is wrong.

I hate politics and know nothing about it. Don't take my comment too seriously... :P

Filed: Other Timeline
I was a Reagan follower back in the late 80's but the antics of the Bush administration have pushed my views to the left... I would "label" myself a moderate independent at this point. Once the bad taste of the Bush administration leaves my mouth I may vote for some Republicans again, but for the next election I feel that they've lost the right to run this country. Others would argue that the conduct of the Democrats have pushed them farther right & to each his own... it's a free country.

I couldn't agree more. If you ask me they've put this country into a right old pickle and don't deserve to run the USA anymore. Yes, the Dems may do a piss poor job too, but they should get the chance to try to put things right first.

They've had the Congress for nearly two years, broke all the promises they made to end corruption and behave morally, gone on vacation during crisis, held up any progress, let things slide downhill further, and generally acted like they don't give a damn. They won't put a damn thing 'right. They only want the power, not the responsibility.

I must be crazy to want Obama to win

I can't argue with that! :D

Pickle Pickle Pickle Pickle Pickle

When I think of the system here I equate it to a manager having to ask for permission to do something from their staff and the customers. Effectively, under such a system, nothing happens unless his staff agree with him. So why hold the manager responsible considering he does not really have the power to do anything. I thikn the same applies to the Federal government. Blaming GWB when Democrats have controlled the house and Senate for nearly a year now is wrong.

I hate politics and know nothing about it. Don't take my comment too seriously... :P

I can understand. Certainly does my head in. Not that Republicans are not to blame as well. Far from it. I have been beating on about regulation since day one.

Pickle Pickle Pickle Pickle Pickle

By the way, who is Aurthur?

Edited by Aficionado

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

No, I don't, because I cast my first national vote in 1976 and take the long view of things. That's what's missing in most policy decisions now. If we do this now, how will it affect X number of generations from now? The government reflects its people, and its people demand quick fixes, money for nothing, and instant grafication.

The Dems in power are warmed over hippies, the same folks who raised this indolent bunch. They are all about rights and screw responsibility. They are finger pointers, and not critical thinkers. They don't deserve anything since they haven't proven themselves worthy. The biggest concern I have is that the Republicans are becoming too much like them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

No, I don't, because I cast my first national vote in 1976 and take the long view of things. That's what's missing in most policy decisions now. If we do this now, how will it affect X number of generations from now? The government reflects its people, and its people demand quick fixes, money for nothing, and instant grafication.

The Dems in power are warmed over hippies, the same folks who raised this indolent bunch. They are all about rights and screw responsibility. They are finger pointers, and not critical thinkers. They don't deserve anything since they haven't proven themselves worthy. The biggest concern I have is that the Republicans are becoming too much like them.

agreed! :thumbs: you go girl!!!

Edited by TamaraLovesAdam
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

When I think of the system here I equate it to a manager having to ask for permission to do something from their staff and the shareholders. Effectively, under such a system, nothing happens unless his staff agree with him. So why hold the manager responsible considering he does not really have the power to do anything. The same applies to the Federal government.

Blaming GWB when Democrats have controlled the house and Senate for nearly a year now is wrong.

:rofl: I have mentioned this before. All the Dems do is whine and blame Bush and the Republicans as if they are the most ineffectual, incompetent, and ignored element of governance. Who wants to put a party in charge that is so far out of the loop that the are responsbile for NOTHING because some other party members run the whole show. That's their schtick. What a canard!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I wonder if people have forgotten why the Republicans lost their congressional majority in the first place. I guess they were doing a bang-up job :whistle: - must be a fit up job.

Seriously - that people get so hung up over this election as if its going to make a difference to anything. There's nothing to be excited about from this election. The next 4 years are going to be rough - whoever wins. Nothing will be done - other than trying to get the country back on track from its current state of mediocrity.

Edited by Paul Daniels

Thanks to a certain group, which have decided to overtake the Democrat party, US politics have been obsessed about rights issues post 70's. So while everything else has literally fallen apart, they are still worried about rights. Then they have the nerve to turn around and demand we drop everything and focus on health care and poverty. Like we can wave some magic wand and fix what they have abandoned since the 70's. "Look at Canada, UK, Australia etc who have health care". No ####. While they spent 38 years protesting about rights, countries like Australia have spent it improving their living standards and opportunities. The results speaks for itself.

Then on top of that we now have a growing trend of people who are hateful against those with religious beliefs and are wasting even more time trying to somehow cut them down. Another pointless exercise.

Edited by Aficionado

Timeline
I wonder if people have forgotten why the Republicans lost their congressional majority in the first place. I guess they were doing a bang-up job :whistle: - must be a fit up job.

Seriously - that people get so hung up over this election as if its going to make a difference to anything. There's nothing to be excited about from this election. The next 4 years are going to be rough - whoever wins. Nothing will be done - other than trying to get the country back on track from its current state of mediocrity.

I haven't forgotten why they lost, and they deserve to lose, just like the Dems do now. Unfortunately, there are only two parties that have a chance, and they haven't offered up their best candidates.

Elections do make a difference in the macro. However, the general populace also needs to demand more of its information providers and leaders to go beyond the all mighty buck and instill some morality and group welfare into the mix. They are sorely missing!

Edited by Virtual wife

Timeline

Then on top of that we now have a growing trend of people who are hateful against those with religious beliefs and are wasting even more time trying to somehow cut them down. Another pointless exercise.

Don't I know that :whistle:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well it probably wouldn't hurt if people were actually interested in actually discussing politics, rather than clinging to preconceived ideas about what the other side represents - and using this as a means to dismiss them from the equation.