194 posts in this topic

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
What was the question again? :unsure:

What about having regional chat rooms, but dissolving the regional subforums as they exist?

some people don't like chat-rooms...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I think regardless of any organizer's personal opinions on the matter, the above guidelines need to be followed by all until there happens to be a change in the policy.

I agree. And I just want to reiterate that even after reading the rules, if you (generic you) can justify moving a thread out of a regional forum...is it really necessary? I think in 99% of the cases it's a solution with no problem.

The regional forums are really just a subset of the rest of the site, condensed down into groups of people with a common regional interest. We don't have an off-topic sub-forum, we have off-topic threads. We don't have a "Case status" sub-forum, we have threads with case status. It's a system that just works. We resent somebody who has never even given us the courtesy of finding out how things are done in our forum, coming in and making arbitrary decisions about content we ourselves generated, even if you are just "enforcing" the rules. If we need enforcement, we will call you.

Anyway, I know the problem has been addressed, and I appreciate everyone's help in clearing things up. I just want to make the point that just because you CAN move a thread, even under the rules, doesn't mean you necessarily should.

It might be a system that works for those using the particular forum, but it really doesn't work very well for the whole of the site. New and infrequent users of the site don't use the Regionals - they look for information in the upper forums.

I would wager a guess that if we could see the data for the number of users in a particular regional forum vs. upper category forums, you'd find those users to be a much lower number. Information needs to be where the greatest number of users can find it.

Somewhat to the contrary, I think about 1/2 the current users would not go to the upper forums, but just stop using the site completly, if the regionals were done away with.

Alot of people come back when they are "done" to keep posting in their region of interest, and also do a little help. Getting rid of forums would just make them go away.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

That's pretty cool, but knowing these folks, they are going to want the best of both worlds... go figure...

Hmmm...well actually "these folks" were just fine and happy with being left the f*** alone until some fascist came along and arbitrarily carpet bombed the forums.

Mox for Prez!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

:star: And there is part of my point well illustrated. Way to go you two... That's the spirit... :whistle:

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Other Timeline
I think regardless of any organizer's personal opinions on the matter, the above guidelines need to be followed by all until there happens to be a change in the policy.

I agree. And I just want to reiterate that even after reading the rules, if you (generic you) can justify moving a thread out of a regional forum...is it really necessary? I think in 99% of the cases it's a solution with no problem.

The regional forums are really just a subset of the rest of the site, condensed down into groups of people with a common regional interest. We don't have an off-topic sub-forum, we have off-topic threads. We don't have a "Case status" sub-forum, we have threads with case status. It's a system that just works. We resent somebody who has never even given us the courtesy of finding out how things are done in our forum, coming in and making arbitrary decisions about content we ourselves generated, even if you are just "enforcing" the rules. If we need enforcement, we will call you.

Anyway, I know the problem has been addressed, and I appreciate everyone's help in clearing things up. I just want to make the point that just because you CAN move a thread, even under the rules, doesn't mean you necessarily should.

It might be a system that works for those using the particular forum, but it really doesn't work very well for the whole of the site. New and infrequent users of the site don't use the Regionals - they look for information in the upper forums.

I would wager a guess that if we could see the data for the number of users in a particular regional forum vs. upper category forums, you'd find those users to be a much lower number. Information needs to be where the greatest number of users can find it.

Somewhat to the contrary, I think about 1/2 the current users would not go to the upper forums, but just stop using the site completly, if the regionals were done away with.

Alot of people come back when they are "done" to keep posting in their region of interest, and also do a little help. Getting rid of forums would just make them go away.

So? The membership of VJ has gotten entireley too large as it is, at least under the current construct. If things are left as they are, the site will melt down on its own eventually. The site is not functioning as it should and by and large, chaos is the rule. Despite the Regionals being in place, they do NOT make it easier to find correct information. Instead what you find is conflicting information.

Marilyn - you and your Canadian buddies found each other before the Regionals existed. Ewok has added the filter since then to make it even easier for people to find each other. Why is there any reason to believe that people wouldn't be able to find each other like they did in the 'old days'?

Rebeccajo..

Why did you ignore my PM? That was unusual... Hmmm...

~Sheriff Uling

Because while I support your idealogical concept of creating more unity, I don't support doing it by pi$$ing people off.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Who exactly do the Regional forums tick off? Is it the members of such forums or the Moderators/Organizers?

It's my [humble] opinion that if the participants of said forums like them and continue to visit VJ for those forums and interaction with pals---what's the problem?

.....or am I misunderstanding something?

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
So? The membership of VJ has gotten entireley too large as it is, at least under the current construct. If things are left as they are, the site will melt down on its own eventually. The site is not functioning as it should and by and large, chaos is the rule. Despite the Regionals being in place, they do NOT make it easier to find correct information. Instead what you find is conflicting information.

Marilyn - you and your Canadian buddies found each other before the Regionals existed. Ewok has added the filter since then to make it even easier for people to find each other. Why is there any reason to believe that people wouldn't be able to find each other like they did in the 'old days'?

How will the site melt down? Who says the site "should function" by what you call " correctly"? ( not being argumentative, but honestly wondering). Maybe what one person thinks how the site should be is NOT the same as others see it or use the site.....Lots of the membership is clearly saying they do not want the Regionals eliminating....And the site is primarily here for the members in whatever way they chose to use it...be it info finding or contact with those they have geography in common with. If someone has a K-1 etc question...it's not that hard to find the K-1 forum...etc.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

you tell them little sis!!!

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Other Timeline

How will the site melt down? Who says the site "should function" by what you call " correctly"? ( not being argumentative, but honestly wondering). Maybe what one person thinks how the site should be is NOT the same as others see it or use the site.....Lots of the membership is clearly saying they do not want the Regionals eliminating....And the site is primarily here for the members in whatever way they chose to use it...be it info finding or contact with those they have geography in common with. If someone has a K-1 etc question...it's not that hard to find the K-1 forum...etc.

You've got your opinon and I have mine.

There's no reason for you to 'honestly wonder' what I mean. I've stated my reasons clearly throughout the thread.