mrc1330

Approvals are the only thing that matters

11 posts in this topic

I just wanna see some approvals... get the ball rolling.. gather some momentum

I think there should be a way to have VJ automatically notify you whenever ANYONE gets approved for the petitions you have in your timeline at the service center where your petitions are...

that would be really cool.

anybody else in favor of this?

I mean all we do is come on here and get worked up..vent...say things we shouldnt, or dont really mean.

CR1

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-19

Touched : 2008-09-26

Touched : 2008-09-27(they work on saturdays?)

I-130 NOA2 : 2008-09-29

222 DAYS

CR2 (Our)daughter

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-27

I-130 NOA2 : 2008-09-26

89 DAYS

K3

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-29

173 DAYS

~~~NVC~~~

10-01-2008 NVC Case Recieved/Numbers Assigned

10-02-2008 NVC IIN Numbers Acquired after 14 tries. (take the "call after 10p" tup) it WORKS

10-04-2008 Paid AOS $70 AND sent DS-3032 by email (.pdf) and by MAIL

10-08-2008 AOS SHOWED AS PAID - AOS Docs Sent out

10-08-2008 IV FEE GENERATED then PAID

10-08-2008 SDQ CONSULATE GRANTS EXPEDITE REQUEST AND REQUESTS CASE

10-27-2008 SDQ INFORMS MY WIFE, TO PICK UP "OPEN INTERVIEW" PAPERS

10-28-2008 INTERVIEW PAPERS AND MEDICAL INST. RECIEVED

10-29-2008 MEDICAL DONE

11-04-2008 MEDICAL RESULTS RECIEVED

11-05-2008 INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

#-#-#### VISA/PASSPORT(S) RECEIVED

#-#-#### POE

TOTAL DAYS FORM PETITION TO INTERVIEW-260 DAYS or 8 months, 17 days

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

It wouldn't do for me. If you want to see how many approvals there are each day for your type of petition at your service center, use the timeline search function. Its all there!

or igors list, http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/stats.aspx

but vj and is only as good as those who remember to update date their timeline, and we are only a small drop in the pond, there are more approvals we wont see.

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I would find it discouraging seeing all of those CSC applications that were submitted months after mine getting approved while mine is still waiting and I know there are still months of waiting to go for VSC.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Timeline

I agree with Kathryn41 there, as we're still on the VSC long wait with the I-751s, compared to the CSC. Oh well, there's always this "unofficial VJ VSC I-751 status list" to check on from time to time (which is somewhat discouraging, as the approvals are really slow at the VSC): http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=110056

Ant (Still waiting at the VSC...)

I think I would find it discouraging seeing all of those CSC applications that were submitted months after mine getting approved while mine is still waiting and I know there are still months of waiting to go for VSC.

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

I just wanna see some approvals... get the ball rolling.. gather some momentum

I think there should be a way to have VJ automatically notify you whenever ANYONE gets approved for the petitions you have in your timeline at the service center where your petitions are...

that would be really cool.

anybody else in favor of this?

I mean all we do is come on here and get worked up..vent...say things we shouldnt, or dont really mean.

No, I don't this would be a good idea at all.

There's way to much focus on VJ of approvals of those with similar timelines, and not enough reinforcement of how the process REALLY works or enough reminders that EVERY CASE IS DIFFERENT.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Another issue to think about is that if there is a member here who is approved earlier than someone who applied a month before them then it could be the cause of much animosity. I remember one such thread not too long ago where someone was approved after only waiting 2 weeks and other members here, who had been waiting much long from the same service centre, were outraged.

If something like this was to be inputted (which I agree with RJ would be a bad idea) it would have to be anonymous.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I just wanted to add that, in looking at the title of this thread, that approvals are far from being the only thing that matters. Its easy to feel that it is while you are waiting for that approval, but there is so much more that you should be worrying about too.

Talk a tour of this site, an in-depth one, and you'll see that many hopefuls like yourself, have ended with heartache. You should be planning on how you will help your spouse deal with homesickness and cultural chages. These issues are bound to crop up and will be bigger than you think. There are many things that are more important than approvals. Try to look at the bigger picture.

I just wanted to add that, in looking at the title of this thread, that approvals are far from being the only thing that matters. Its easy to feel that it is while you are waiting for that approval, but there is so much more that you should be worrying about too.

Talk a tour of this site, an in-depth one, and you'll see that many hopefuls like yourself, have ended with heartache. You should be planning on how you will help your spouse deal with homesickness and cultural chages. These issues are bound to crop up and will be bigger than you think. There are many things that are more important than approvals. Try to look at the bigger picture.

Best. Post. Ever.

I definitely agree with julez there too.

Remember too: "Life is a journey, not a destination..." and

(my personal quote here on VJ): "Life is like a journey, a challenging immigration journey..."

While it is nice to see approvals on this board and elsewhere, it is important to focus on the "immigration process" too, as there is more to the "immigration journey" than just approvals. Being approved by the government is just one part of "being an immigrant". Living a new life and actually being able to "adjust, survive, and continue on" here in America is the real-life rest of the "immigration journey"....

Ant (Still on the "immigration journey"...)

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I want to also agree that one of the best things you can do is talk to other people here and find out the types of things that a new immigrant has had to deal with when moving to the US. There are lots of cultural changes, homesickness, and communication issues. Even finding a job and work can be a stressful event that can come as an unexpected source of tension. Finding out what other people have been through and trying to plan ahead for this is a good thing and will help your new marriage and family get off a a terrific foot.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.