S and S

Affadavit of Support

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I am working on the affadavit of support right now and I am confused about one part. It is for sponsor's household size. I have only myself here now and I will be sponsoring my husband. It says on line 21a how many people I am sponsoring. I put in the first block "1" for my husband. I left the second block empty since I am not sponsoring anyone else. Then for 21b I put "1" for myself. Then it says put "1" if you are married, but this means I am counting my husband twice. I added it all up in the bottom for the blocks. There are two rows. The first row I have a "1" for total number sponsoring, but then I have a "2" in the second block for adding me and my husband. Is this right? I am so confused.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Yes I remember that part being confusing.

Your household size will be you & your husband, so 2. But yes you are only sponsoring one person.

I remember one section about write a 1 if you're married and then 1 for how many people you are sponsoring and then yourself--or something confusing and it ending up being more than what it really was. I made sure that everytime it only added up to me and my husband. And that was accepted, no RFEs.

My answer is probably just as confusing...sorry.

Also, I see that it's been 333 days since you saw your husband. I feel for you. I hope you'll see your husband very soon.

Time Line

2007-11-10.....Marriage in Ecuador

2008-01-11.....I-130 Sent

2008-04-28.....I-130 Approved

2008-05-02.....NVC Received

2008-08-20.....Case Complete at NVC

2008-10-14.....Interview--221g, asked to present joint sponsor inspite of NVC approval

2008-11-07.....Visa due to arrive. DHL truck delivering visa was robbed, Consulate required us to present I-864s and DS-230 again, had to get a new passport and other related documents

2008-11-14.....Presented all new documents in person at Consulate, visa printed same day

2008-11-25.....POE Atlanta

2008-12-26.....Green Card and 2nd Welcome Letter arrive

2010-09-02.....Date of NOA ROC 1-751

2010-12-13.....Approval of ROC

2011-01-12.....10 year Permanent Resident card arrived

2011-12-20.....N-400 Application mailed

2011-12-29.....NOA

2012-02-02.....Walk-in biometrics (appt was for 2/16)

2012-04-17.....Interview

2012-05-18.....Naturalization Ceremony

Timeline
Yes I remember that part being confusing.

Your household size will be you & your husband, so 2. But yes you are only sponsoring one person.

I remember one section about write a 1 if you're married and then 1 for how many people you are sponsoring and then yourself--or something confusing and it ending up being more than what it really was. I made sure that everytime it only added up to me and my husband. And that was accepted, no RFEs.

My answer is probably just as confusing...sorry.

Also, I see that it's been 333 days since you saw your husband. I feel for you. I hope you'll see your husband very soon.

lol, I think that section is just confusing! I don't know why they couldn't make it a little easier to understand.

Thanks for the advice.

Timeline

I'm bumping this in the hopes someone will answer that can know for sure what to put. Please help if you can.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

#######, my wife just filed our papers and I just assumed since you don't count anyone twice that you leave the spouse section as zero. So it says 2 at the top and we put zero for the spouse. I hope that doesn't cause any confusion with our application. I really wish they would have clarified that or at least allowed you to add it up on your own.

History

12/2000 Met Online

02/14/2001 Started dating

04/20/2001 Met in person

03/2002 Moved in together in the US

2002 - 2007 working in US on TN-1 Visa

05/2005 Registered as Common-law

06/2005 Proposed and Engaged

08/30/2007 - Married

I-130 (156 Days)

02/20/2008 I-130 Filed

03/10/2008 NOA1 - CSC confirmation sent

03/12/2008 date on online tracking - Touched

08/11/2008 - NOA2 - I-130 APPROVED!!! USCIS page updated. (156 Days)

NVC

08/14/2008 - NVC received my application and has assigned me a case number. Waiting for Beneficiary letter.

08/15/2008 - e-mailed the NVC for choice of Agent DS-3032, not sure if I was suppose to do this before actually getting paperwork sent to me.

08/25/2008 - AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 Generated

08/30/2008 - Letter Recieved

09/02/2008 - AOS Fee Bill Paid and DS-3032 Choice of Agent e-mail sent

09/03/2008 - AOS Fee Bill Recorded as Paid

09/10/2008 - NVC sends DS-3203 Receipt Confirmation

09/10/2008 - IV Fee Bill Available and Paid

09/11/2008 - IV Fee Bill Processed - PAID, Coversheet Generated

09/11/2008 - Following directions on James' Shortcuts for creating DS-230 Package

09/18/2008 - Sent in I-864 and DS-230 (FedEx Overnight)

09/29/2008 - NVC Case Completed!

09/??/???? - Packet never received (sent in with James' Shortcuts as soon as bill was paid)

12/03/2008 - Interview - APPROVED!

12/04/2008 - Visa Received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I am working on the affadavit of support right now and I am confused about one part. It is for sponsor's household size. I have only myself here now and I will be sponsoring my husband. It says on line 21a how many people I am sponsoring. I put in the first block "1" for my husband. I left the second block empty since I am not sponsoring anyone else. Then for 21b I put "1" for myself. Then it says put "1" if you are married, but this means I am counting my husband twice. I added it all up in the bottom for the blocks. There are two rows. The first row I have a "1" for total number sponsoring, but then I have a "2" in the second block for adding me and my husband. Is this right? I am so confused.

Yes, that is right. You are sponsoring one and your household size is 2. You will need to meet the income requirements for a household of 2.

Good luck

Timeline

Yes, that is right. You are sponsoring one and your household size is 2. You will need to meet the income requirements for a household of 2.

Good luck

Thankyou so much. I was really worried about what is the best way to do it. I hope this will help others in the future.

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Yeah...it's a pretty goofy form...but there's an instruction that states "Do not count any person twice" somewhere on the form.

Anybody could miss that little instruction. Better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck...and it's about time you two got together :)

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.