9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello All,

I still cant believe I got approved, but here is my story.

We had our interview in Sacramento @ 8.45am. We were able to find street parking close to INS building around 8.30am. We had only 2 quaters which gave us 30 mins, so we knew we were going to get a ticket. We proceeded to the building, and we were checked but unfortunately my hubby's phone had a camera and they wouldnt let him in. this was already 8.35am. So we decided to run back to the car to drop the phone and I followed him eventhough he told me to wait behind. By the time we got back to the building, it was 8.40am and we were already exhausted from our run to and from the car.

So we get upstairs to the 2nd floor at 8.45am :D and we drop the appt letter. there werent too many ppl there and so we hoped we could leave before our meter expired (here's to dreaming). At 9am a middle aged guy callled us in, went into his office and swore us in. It was funny that the chairs for us to sit in were all the way against the wall and his desk was so far away. He took my pssprt and took out my I-94. He asked me to verify our address and tel # and my hubb's b/day. He asked all those questions about criniminal stuff in the 485 form. Asked me how we met, our dads went to high skool together, so we've been friends since I was 12 in Nigeria. Then asked if he came to see me in Canada, coz I was in skool for 41/2 yrs there before coming here. Then aksed for my hubby's W2 and so we gave him 04 and 05.

He also asked my hubby if he was still working for the same company. He then asked if we had any documents to show we live together. We gave him copies our auto and renter's insurance, copies of envelopes with our names on it, copy of our recent bank statement , utility bills and lease. He took everything and told us he was going to approve us. I was waiting for him to say but ur name check hasnt come back yet. And he asked if I wanted a stamp on my pssprt and I told him yes please and he stamped my pssrt still may 6 and took my EAD. Was kinda sad that was only the ID I had without having to carry pssrt around. So he tells us about liftinng coditions and and I signed something, cant remember what. We were out by 9.10am. he didnt look at pictures and ask for my our birth certificates or my hubb's ppsrt.

We got to our car and we had no ticket!!! went to the SSA to get my number, and I had 2 job interviews also yesterday. So it was a pleasant day yesterday. I should be getting my gc in the mail in 2 weeks, hope everything will be ok and I wont have to submit the I-90.

Anways I owe my journey to u guys. I didnt get RFEd and it was a smooth journey. And I came here on a B2 visa and he never mentioned anything about it only that he saw my pssprt was filled with many stamps from immigration coz I used to come here at least 4 times a yr for the last 4 yrs. So am done till next nov 2007.

Thank you guys again.

Abby

Oct 24,2005------- Filed AOS, EAD,130

Nov 2, 2005--------Notice Date for NOAs for all 3

Nov 4, 2005--------Touched

Nov 5, 2005--------Rec'vd NOAs for all 3

Nov 18,2005--------Rec'd Bio Appt for AOS

Dec 03,2005--------Bio Appt for AOS

Dec 03,2005--------Did both AOS and EAD prints

Dec 27,2005--------Rec'vd Appt Notice for Feb 7 for interiview

Jan 06,2006---------EAD Approved!!

Jan 10,2006---------Email says EAD is on its way!!

Jan 12,2006---------Rec'vd EAD Today!!

Feb 07,2006---------Interview date (APPROVED with Stamp)

Feb 13,2006---------Recev'd Welcome to America letter, approval of I-130 and SSN(with no restriction)I

applied with EAD

Feb 15,2006---------Rece'vd email saying my card has been sent

Great News AND Great Story Abby82!

Congrats!

Timeline

01-30-06 2-Year Green Card Approved

02-11-06 2-Year Green Card Arrival

11-05-07 I-751 Petition MAILED To TSC

11-08-07 I-751 Petition RECEIVED At TSC

11-26-07 I-751 Petition Transferred to CSC and Check Cashed

12-01-07 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-17-07 Biometrics Letter Received / Scheduled for 1/8/08

01-08-08 Biometrics Completed At ASC

01-08-08 Touched

01-09-08 Touched

03-26-08 10-Year GC APPROVED!!!! HOORAY!!!

04-03-08 10-Year GC ARRIVES! GC Journey Over For Another 10-Years~On To Citizenship

N-400 Application

10-15-2009 Application Filed

10-16-2009 Application Received / Lewisville, TX

10-21-2009 NOA I-797 Receipt for Application

11-10-2009 Electronic Notice of RFE For Biometrics

11-12-2009 Biometrics Letter Received

12-04-2009 Biometrics

12-17-2009 Notice That File Has Been Transferred To Local Office For Standard Interview

01-19-2010 Interview - PASSED! HOORAY!

01-20-2010 Oath for NEW U.S. Citizen! FINISHED AND DONE!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats :D

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Congratulations :star:(F) And thanks for sharing your story.

3dflags_fin0001-0001a.gifSanna and Daniel's journey3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

December 13, 2007 - I-751 submitted to NSC (removing of conditions fun begins...)

December 22 - Received a rejection notice because the form was not "properly signed". Package itself was not returned.

January 1, 2008 - Received packet back from CSC. They are requesting we resubmit the packet (which is already organized by CSC) with a properly signed form.

January 2 - Packet resubmitted to California.

January 12 - NOA1 received (dated 01/07/2008)

January 19 - Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 01/15/2008)

February 1 - Biometrics

March 11 - Approved! Card production ordered (notified via e-mail).

March 20, 2008 - New card arrived in the mail :)

Done until 2018 :)

For more details including K1 and AOS journies check out "Our story" in my profile =)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you All!! It was a painless journey from NOA 1- Nov 2nd to Feb 7th which only took 3 months. I am really happy and grateful, I thot it was going to be a nightmare but I was wrong :)

Abby

Oct 24,2005------- Filed AOS, EAD,130

Nov 2, 2005--------Notice Date for NOAs for all 3

Nov 4, 2005--------Touched

Nov 5, 2005--------Rec'vd NOAs for all 3

Nov 18,2005--------Rec'd Bio Appt for AOS

Dec 03,2005--------Bio Appt for AOS

Dec 03,2005--------Did both AOS and EAD prints

Dec 27,2005--------Rec'vd Appt Notice for Feb 7 for interiview

Jan 06,2006---------EAD Approved!!

Jan 10,2006---------Email says EAD is on its way!!

Jan 12,2006---------Rec'vd EAD Today!!

Feb 07,2006---------Interview date (APPROVED with Stamp)

Feb 13,2006---------Recev'd Welcome to America letter, approval of I-130 and SSN(with no restriction)I

applied with EAD

Feb 15,2006---------Rece'vd email saying my card has been sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.