Larry / Angelina

Is there a K1 organization ??

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I talked to a good friend of mine today and he is the regional director for my Federal Congressman, we talked about the K1 visa and why it takes so long for a US citizen to get there loved ones here to marry. I was told that if just a single person now and then contacts a congressman about the long wait time , then nothing is going to happen to change the situation. He then said that if there is a large organized group that can contact the different congressman that deal with immigration issues , then something might get done to speed the process up. So back to my question ,,, Does anyone know of a National Organization for Marriage based visas?

I talked to a good friend of mine today and he is the regional director for my Federal Congressman, we talked about the K1 visa and why it takes so long for a US citizen to get there loved ones here to marry. I was told that if just a single person now and then contacts a congressman about the long wait time , then nothing is going to happen to change the situation. He then said that if there is a large organized group that can contact the different congressman that deal with immigration issues , then something might get done to speed the process up. So back to my question ,,, Does anyone know of a National Organization for Marriage based visas?

No one does much as by the time it takes to get started trying to change things your K1 visa will be approved [or denied] and you will move on.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Of course. Here's the link. http://www.visajourney.com

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:thumbs:

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

exactly what i had in mind reading the op. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know this is a forum for Marriage based visas , But I am talking about a organization that lobbies congressmen , or sends petitons to the Govt, for reform of the system .. I may be wrong , but I dont believe Visajourney does any of that stuff. Maybe they could get a petiton going to send to the lawmakers , letting them know how we all feel waiting, and to see if there is anyway of speeding up the process ..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Silly people. :lol:

I think what your friend was recommending is a wonderful idea but the problem is that not enough people really care about immigration issues. I consider myself a relatively intelligent person who has never missed a vote but I will also say that I never took the time to care much about what those running for office had to say about immigration until I was forced to deal with it myself. We just don't have a loud enough voice.

When I first started coming to VJ, and long before I was able to file for my love, I contacted all representatives in my area and voiced my concerns regarding the process...not just the timelines, but the disparity between the centers (at the time) and the transparency of the process...etc. I feel it's my obligation as an American citizen to do so. I wasn't expecting anything done with our case, I simply wanted to be sure that immigration issues had a name/face to it when it came time for them to vote. I have a friend in office and I know sharing my exerience with her effect her decisions when it comes to all immigration issues.

I encourage everyone here to do the same. It may not move mountains but at least it's one more voice....and better than sittin around just b|tchin about it. ;)

timeline.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I know this is a forum for Marriage based visas , But I am talking about a organization that lobbies congressmen , or sends petitons to the Govt, for reform of the system .. I may be wrong , but I dont believe Visajourney does any of that stuff. Maybe they could get a petiton going to send to the lawmakers , letting them know how we all feel waiting, and to see if there is anyway of speeding up the process ..

So then you've figured it out. Good.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.