babybunny

IS YOUR HUSBAND THE SAME ONCE IN THE USA???

174 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I have already accused my husband of "becoming a typical American". When I first married him, he helped with the dishes, cooked, broomed the house and front porch every day, would work all day in the yard weeding and gardening, and put his clothes away after I washed them, and would even iron.

NOW...he is "TIRED" all the time when he does 1/3 of the stuff he did prior. Sigh.....

there nerve of him claiming to be " Tired " :angry:

your subservient foreign man- must have been influenced by them al bundys.

poor dear. I feel sorry for you. (F)

Oh but he DOES put the toilet lid down, and cleans the sink after he shaves, no complaints really! :lol:

how did you train subservient foreign man? you keep him from watching TV and sitting in the

Lazy boy too long? whats your secret?

shon.gif

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

;) *LOL* this is funny....

My husband is probably the same now that he's in the US (oh wait, he's always been here!!!)

Like some of you, I cannot really complain, just wish some he helped more in some things, wish he would put the toilet seat down, and clean the sink after shaving. Wished he picked up his shoes and jackets from the living room, or made the bed for once (but dear! we're going to sleep in it again tonite, why make the bed every day?????... dont you wanna smack him?)...

On the other hand, he gets out of work earlier than me, so he's usually started something for dinner, ocassionally (though less and less now) he'd do laundry, and if I ask REALLY nice, he'd clean up the bathroom (specially when I remind him how nasty the sink is with all his lil hairs from shaving). He does laundry, but does not like to fold the clothes,and when he does, believe me, you'd wish he hadn't...LOL

As far as TV watching, yes, sometimes he's just sitting in the couch with ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports or whatever sport channels, but since he wants me to sit with him, I get to see some of my shows, so we share the TV time.

I think men behave the same universally, I guess the difference between American men and men from other places (in my case Venezuela), is that SOME men in Venezuela expect women to carry all the burden of the house work, American men are expected to chip in the chores (even if us wives are not used to expect that).

Anyhoo, cant wait to read all the posts... and I cant wait to see if American men are going to get as fired up as women did with the other post. ;)

Our visa Journey ~~~~ 226 days

Removing Conditions on ~~~ May 2008

Our first anniversary ~~~ November 12, 2006

Filed: Timeline

I want my subservient foreign man, to remain like he is. I dont want him to get in the habit of

tossing his dirty drawers in the middle of the floor and drinking out of milk containers like a wild american

wilder beast man. I have seen these Al Bundy types. :yes: they spit on side walks and fart in

womanly presents. ugggh.

this is how I wanna keep my subservient foreign man! :lol:

shon.gif

Here's where many American men are coming from I guess ;)

http://www.nomarriage.com/faq.html#personal

Thank god it's not as many as you boys seem to think -- most men I know are a lot better adjusted than that, have a pretty healthy attitude towards the opposite sex and don't use a few negative experiences to pass judgement on the WEstern World.

You boys sounds a lot like the stereotypical man-hating feminist, only in reverse.

I love American men I just happened to marry a british one

90day.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

This is what I am trying to avoid my darling subservient foreign husband to avoid becoming:

The quintessential, all-American bigot, Archie Bunker was part of the "old guard" who failed to recognize the "melting pot" mentality of the modern world. Archie is befuddled and annoyed by anyone and everything that doesn't share his narrow view of the world. He is a brash, uneducated, blue-collar worker, and his small thinking doesn't win him a lot of friends. Archie's problems mostly stem from the changing values around him, and he consequently spends as much time with his foot in his mouth as one of his beloved cigars.

While he calls Edith a "dingbat" and tells her to "stifle" when she talks too much, he truly loves her and strayed just once, nearly having an affair with a lady-friend named Denise.

;) Reminds me of the mind set in a particular post.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

American men have more anger and therefore more digestive issues and therefore more gas and therefore fart in bed more. Totally Gross! If Henry starts farting in bed while awake, I am sending him back.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
...but, but...*sputter*.....

what will happen to my sweet loving devoted traditional family oriented subservient foreign man when he meets the typical machochistic American male.......

...whatever shall I do.....

:o:o:o My traditional foreign man hangs around with American men on a weekly basis playing card games....WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?????????????? :unsure::unsure::unsure: I'm doomed! :dead:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What about when you are asleep?

Can possibly be forgiven if its one or two small ones. But no marathons or prolonged trumpeting allowed, dammit!

...but, but...*sputter*.....

what will happen to my sweet loving devoted traditional family oriented subservient foreign man when he meets the typical machochistic American male.......

...whatever shall I do.....

:o:o:o My traditional foreign man hangs around with American men on a weekly basis playing card games....WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?????????????? :unsure::unsure::unsure: I'm doomed! :dead:

Shoot him now before he graduates to strip clubs! :yes:

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Heh heh... you guys crack me up.

But seriously... what's the big deal about putting the seat down? Would someone please explain that to me?

I-129F (K-1 Fiancee Visa)

11/29/05 sent I-129F

12/07/05 rec'd NOA1

03/06/06 rec'd NOA2

03/21/06 NVC case# assigned

03/22/06 case left NVC for Bogota

03/24/06 package rec'd in Bogota

03/28/06 packet 3 mailed from embassy

04/12/06 called embassy and requested to re-send packet 3

04/18/06 faxed and mailed packet 3

04/21/06 rec'd BOTH packet 3's...

05/01/06 rec'd packet 4

05/24/06 interview - APROBADO!!

06/03/06 flew to Barranquilla

06/05/06 back in the States with my novia

09/01/06 MARRIED!!

I-485 (AOS) / I-765 (EAD)

09/19/06 sent I-485 and I-765

09/29/06 rec'd NOA for I-485 and I-765

10/10/06 AOS transferred to CSC

10/20/06 biometrics appt.

10/26/06 I-485 APPROVED, welcome letter sent!

10/30/06 welcome letter rec'd in the mail

11/02/06 REC'D GREEN CARD!

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

07/30/08 sent I-751

08/15/08 rec'd NOA from VSC

09/10/08 biometrics appt.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
But...wait! You mean Mexico's not Spain? I'm so confused...

Flippin' 'ell Melissa...do we have to explain this to you AGAIN???????? :blink:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.