mikeandjoana

Making a cover letter for proof of meeting and relationship

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, have any of you out there had to create a separate cover letter for your evidence of proof of meeting and having a relationship. I have so much stuff from my 2 trips, it's overwhelming me and I'm having some serious difficulty putting this together. I have boarding passes from both trips, my stamped passports, both itinireries, hotel receipts from both trips, luggage tags, emails, letters, plane tickets together, 5x7 photos, etc.

We met on match.com and I mentioned that in the first sentence of how we met. Is that a problem?

Mike_Jo-185.jpg032_32.jpgedit-3.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

03/05/2010 ----- Greencard arrived in mail

03/15/2010 ----- Got a job as an RN! finally.:)

REMINDER: November 22, 2011 (Removing Conditons)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi, have any of you out there had to create a separate cover letter for your evidence of proof of meeting and having a relationship. I have so much stuff from my 2 trips, it's overwhelming me and I'm having some serious difficulty putting this together. I have boarding passes from both trips, my stamped passports, both itinireries, hotel receipts from both trips, luggage tags, emails, letters, plane tickets together, 5x7 photos, etc.

We met on match.com and I mentioned that in the first sentence of how we met. Is that a problem?

Hi I can give you some guidelines how to make your cover letter:

1. where did you met her?

2. when the chat started?

3. when the serious relationship started?

4. what made this thing to you?did you have sleepless night?sounds corny but it will help.

5. when did you plan for your trip, how was it?meeting the families, the place, the feeling while you're with her.

6. mention the phone bill that you never had before.

7. if you send money, why you did that?

8. the feeling when you get back to US.

9. the future plans if K1 visa granted.

plus if there is engagement already, why you did that?

having these in your letter make sure you have corresponding supporting documents like pictures, reciepts of money order, phobe bills, airline tickets, luggage stubs,hotel receipts,etc etc..and make sure your fiance can answer with confidence incase it will ask during the interview.. you will be approve 100%.

goodluck..

02-16-06- met online

07-20-07- first visit to phils

07-26-07-engagement

07-28-07- back to US

09-14-07- submitted I-129F

09-25-07- NOA1

10-25-07 -NOA2

11-01-07- My fiance got a letter from NVC that within 2 weeks Manila Consulate will send my Packet

11-20-07- Date of my Packet, actually the real one was earlier but it was sent somewhere, good thing my Fiance arrived to spent Thanksgiving day in Phils and we checked the status in Embassy.

11-23-07- Medical though the exact date was Nov. 29..

12-06-07- Interview

12-16-07- Visa in hand

01-16-98- Attended CFO

01-18-08- Arrived in USA , POE-Guam

03-16-08- Wedding

AOS

04-17-08- Submitted the AOS

04-24-08- NOA

05-13-08- Biometrics

05-27-08- Transferred to California

06-14-08- EAD card received

07-21-08- Date of AOS approval but got the letter July 24

No Interview, No RFE and Additional Vaccination( just used the SLEC medical docs)

07-22-08- Date of Permanent REsident CARd , got it July 29

07-31-08- apply for SSN

08-05-08-SSN delivery

01-12-09- First day of work(Thanks to Marielle and Mario)

No problem on disclosing how you met. Just be honest thruout the entire process. If you have something to hide get a immigration lawyer.

The initial petition is normally easy as all you have to do is prove you've met in the past 2 years.

Having already made 2 trips is a biggy when it comes to the embassy interview where you have to show you have a ONGOING bona fide relationship and are in love.

More trips the better.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Most folks can write a brief enough explanation to fit on the form. You only need one or two pieces of primary evidence to show you met in the past two years. No need to go overboard. If you've got boarding passes and a passport stamp, you're good to go. Save the rest for the interview.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I did a kind of cover letter, I just listed the evidence, giving a brief description.

100_1337.JPG100_1338.JPG

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You're overthinking this.

pushbrk is right... do not overwhelm them with evidence...they dont care about your love story, they care that you've met in the last two years and that you are both free to marry. Also, it was mentioned above to note if you sent money and why.... I would strongly suggest you DO NOT do this. Sending money to a foreign fiance can be taken many ways. At a higher fraud Consulate it is very likely to be used against you.

We have 10 years of relationship and travel all over the world together. Our cover letter noted all documents in the packet. To describe our relationship I created a timeline noting the times we have been together and I sent proof of our travel and the supporting evidence to go with it. Not too much, just the proof from each trip and a few pictures.

Save most of the supporting evidence for interview stage.

timeline.jpg

My fiance did not attach any explanation letter about our meeting. He only wrote one paragraph that will fit on the space of Question 18 of I-129F form

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Save the bulk of your proof of relationship for the interview. At the petitioning stage you just need to prove that you have met once in the past 2 years. They are not looking for ongoing proof of relationship.

Our explanation fit in the space provided: When, where, how we met and how long we spent together. Short and sweet ;)

I added my boarding passes and itinerary and we had no problems.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
My fiance did not attach any explanation letter about our meeting. He only wrote one paragraph that will fit on the space of Question 18 of I-129F form

While I don't disagree with KimandRuss and pushbrk, I think sending some more would not hurt (I hope at least..). I just mailed my I-129 packet yesterday to VSC and it was delivered this morning (signed by .. you guessed it.. A.Stanley). I sent more than what is required. For how we met, I said we were introduced by our families via telephone and that we kept it going for a few months via phone, pc to pc calling, etc..and I made a trip to meet her in person. I stated the date we first met and when we officially got engaged in the supplemental sheet for Q18 on I-129F). I provided all the usual supporting evidence and some pictures, emails, birthday cards, etc.

Here's my take ..the USCIS service center will send the entire packet to the Consulate in the end anyways and you need to show proof of ongoing relationship/supporting documentation then. So, it's not like you can get away from furnishing all those details. You just postpone it. So, doing it later gives you more time but it makes your packet that much thicker since I would imagine you would want to give some history. And maybe, just maybe, they may not ask for too much at the interview stage, if they see some included in the K1 packet itself...

my 2 cents !!! B)

Timeline for K1 visa

9/11/2008 – mailed I-129F

9/12/2008 – Received at VSC/NOA 1 sent (mail stamp-9/16)

9/15/2008 – check cashed

9/19/2008 –Received NOA1

12/28/2008 – Received NOA2 Approval email from CRIS

01/06/2009 – Left NVC for Mumbai Consulate

01/07/2009 – Received NVC confirmation letter in the mail

01/08/2009 – Mumbai Consulate received file electronically and sent packet 3 (info from DOS)

01/10/2009 – Mumbai Consulate received file (hard copy) from NVC (DHL tracking)

01/19/2009 – Overnighted packet 3 (still did not receive receive pkt 3 from Mumbai)

01/20/2009 – Packet 3 arrives at Mumbai Consulate

01/23/2009 – called DOS and was informed that packet 4 has been sent and interview date set.

01/24/2009 – Received hard copy of packet 3 (postmark Jan 20). Too late. Already sent packet 3 on Jan 19.

02/02/09 – Received Packet 4

02/04/09 – Submitted documents at the VFS Kolkata Office

02/06/09 - Medicals completed

03/02/2009 – BIG DAY, i.e., Interview Date

03/03/2009 - Visa received in mail

04/09/2009 - POE

AOS

04/17/2009 - CIVIL

6/16/2009 - Mailed AOS package

6/19/2009 - NOA1

7/08/2009 - AOS transferred to CSC

7/17/2009 - Biometrics appointment, EAD case Touched

8/05/2009 - EAD card production ordered, AP approved !!!!

ROC

08/27/2011 - Mailed ROC packageCIVIL

08/29/2011 - NOA1

09/19/2011 - Early Bio (scheduled date 10/03/2011)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You are quite right when it comes to the higher fraud Consulates. It's often best to send more evidence initially so the CO's have it in front of them before they even see you. The uscis still wont care.

However, a letter explaining your feelings is probably just a waste of time.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

While I don't disagree with KimandRuss and pushbrk, I think sending some more would not hurt (I hope at least..). I just mailed my I-129 packet yesterday to VSC and it was delivered this morning (signed by .. you guessed it.. A.Stanley). I sent more than what is required. For how we met, I said we were introduced by our families via telephone and that we kept it going for a few months via phone, pc to pc calling, etc..and I made a trip to meet her in person. I stated the date we first met and when we officially got engaged in the supplemental sheet for Q18 on I-129F). I provided all the usual supporting evidence and some pictures, emails, birthday cards, etc.

Here's my take ..the USCIS service center will send the entire packet to the Consulate in the end anyways and you need to show proof of ongoing relationship/supporting documentation then. So, it's not like you can get away from furnishing all those details. You just postpone it. So, doing it later gives you more time but it makes your packet that much thicker since I would imagine you would want to give some history. And maybe, just maybe, they may not ask for too much at the interview stage, if they see some included in the K1 packet itself...

my 2 cents !!! B)

Hi, how long was your letter about how you guys met and got engaged? Phuong and I didn't have an official engagement date, although we did have an engagement party. In fact, my asking her to marry me wasn't all that romantic. Drunk at a bar I said: I want to be with you forever. She slurred: Okeyyyyy. :thumbs:

Jonas

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Jonas:

I did not include a separate letter. I just used a supplemental sheet for Q18 to describe the circumstances under which we met. Not long just 5-7 lines. Not verbatim, but at a high level, this is what I put there...We were introduced by our families in <date> via telephone and we then spent a few months talking on phone, skype, etc. to get to know each other. I then made a trip to India (dates of travel) and met my fiancee for the first time on <date> and after a few days decided to get engaged. The official engagement date was <date> and attended by family and friends.

Timeline for K1 visa

9/11/2008 – mailed I-129F

9/12/2008 – Received at VSC/NOA 1 sent (mail stamp-9/16)

9/15/2008 – check cashed

9/19/2008 –Received NOA1

12/28/2008 – Received NOA2 Approval email from CRIS

01/06/2009 – Left NVC for Mumbai Consulate

01/07/2009 – Received NVC confirmation letter in the mail

01/08/2009 – Mumbai Consulate received file electronically and sent packet 3 (info from DOS)

01/10/2009 – Mumbai Consulate received file (hard copy) from NVC (DHL tracking)

01/19/2009 – Overnighted packet 3 (still did not receive receive pkt 3 from Mumbai)

01/20/2009 – Packet 3 arrives at Mumbai Consulate

01/23/2009 – called DOS and was informed that packet 4 has been sent and interview date set.

01/24/2009 – Received hard copy of packet 3 (postmark Jan 20). Too late. Already sent packet 3 on Jan 19.

02/02/09 – Received Packet 4

02/04/09 – Submitted documents at the VFS Kolkata Office

02/06/09 - Medicals completed

03/02/2009 – BIG DAY, i.e., Interview Date

03/03/2009 - Visa received in mail

04/09/2009 - POE

AOS

04/17/2009 - CIVIL

6/16/2009 - Mailed AOS package

6/19/2009 - NOA1

7/08/2009 - AOS transferred to CSC

7/17/2009 - Biometrics appointment, EAD case Touched

8/05/2009 - EAD card production ordered, AP approved !!!!

ROC

08/27/2011 - Mailed ROC packageCIVIL

08/29/2011 - NOA1

09/19/2011 - Early Bio (scheduled date 10/03/2011)

• 4 weeks later...

QUESTION!

In my I-129 packet I only included evidence that we live together.

I filed in June 2008 and our processing time is now in Nov 2008 .

I want to show Vermont SC that we have been together since 2005, I have emails dating that far back and have pictures of when my fiance and I visited our parents in Florida as well as plane tickets.

MY QUESTION IS... Should I send it now to be added to my case or will it delay the process?

Does anyone know...

Thanks

MP

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They may send you an RFE. I would wait as if you send anything now it will just be stuck in with all other peoples cases at USCIS

• 13 years later...
Filed: Other Timeline
On 9/12/2008 at 1:07 AM, yankee said:

Hi I can give you some guidelines how to make your cover letter:

1. where did you met her?

2. when the chat started?

3. when the serious relationship started?

4. what made this thing to you?did you have sleepless night?sounds corny but it will help.

5. when did you plan for your trip, how was it?meeting the families, the place, the feeling while you're with her.

6. mention the phone bill that you never had before.

7. if you send money, why you did that?

8. the feeling when you get back to US.

9. the future plans if K1 visa granted.

plus if there is engagement already, why you did that?

having these in your letter make sure you have corresponding supporting documents like pictures, reciepts of money order, phobe bills, airline tickets, luggage stubs,hotel receipts,etc etc..and make sure your fiance can answer with confidence incase it will ask during the interview.. you will be approve 100%.

goodluck..

Can the cover sheet be more then one page 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.