Wis-Can

Question on Medical for those using Montreal Consulate

6 posts in this topic

I know I am a long way from having the medical done, but after reading different websites I just had a question. I noticed some places actually do not want the medical done till after you get your interview date, some can be done within the last year, and some are required to be done closer to the interview date, some have to be done by their recommended Dr's. Does anyone have any knowledge if Montreal has a standard rule for their medical?

I just figured I could get some things out of the way a couple months before. Thanks for the continued help guys! :star:

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

The rules are the same for everyone.

The medical must be done before your visa is issued. If the medical is scheduled after the interview date, they simply postpone issuance of the visa.

You must use a civil surgeon or overseas doctor approved by the US Government. You will receive a list of doctors.

The actual vaccinations and such are not really required until AOS after you are married but many beneficiaries wish to get them done in their home Country as they are sometimes covered by the health care programs in that Country. If you do this be sure to get a vaccination record signed so that you can use it to file at AOS.

The problem with getting the medical itself done too early is that the paperwork is sent from the Dr. directly to the Consulate and if they receive it before they receive your approved petition they wouldn't have a clue who you are. Not to mention that you can never be certain when the approval is coming. ;)

You will want to visit the Canada regional thread here for more advice on dealing with Montreal. That is where you will get the best answers regarding the remainder of the process.

timeline.jpg

You should really drop into the Canada Forum here on VJ Wis-Can! Here's the link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=93

Don't just look at the first page, there are lots of pages of questions about the immigration process from a Canadian perspective.

My understanding is that NOW, in Canada, Doctors are asking for your Package 3 letter. You won't have an interview date on that letter, you won't in fact until you send back your Package 3 sheet, but once you've been got your Package 3 checklist and letter, as long as you show that, you can book your medical.

The Canadian Forum is also a good place to read the Dr.'s medical reviews that we post.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Same for Consulate in P-au-P, Haiti, they make you do your Medical to submit with packet 3 to have an appointment date, I already did my medical and have vaccination documentacion and we are still waiting for Interview date. they made me submit packet 3 through a local courier and I was told to return on Sept. 20 to get Packet 4. and also they told me medical exam are good for 1 year.

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just another comment as well - in Canada the doctor does not send the information to the Consulate. They give it to you in a sealed envelope that you either pick up a few days/week later or they mail to you. Don't open that sealed envelope! You then hand-deliver it to the Consulate when you go for your interview appointment.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.