Merp

Photos for I-751

29 posts in this topic

I'm just going print them on reg 8.5 x 11 paper and include them where it makes sense. that shouldn't cause a problem. We are sending it off by the end of the week!

Thanks again everyone! :whistle:

Dec 2003: Meet

Feb 2006: Start DCF

March 1st 2006: Receive I-130 packet and packet 3 in mail (AU)

March 6th 2006: Leave US for AU

April 15th 2006: MARRIED!

July 2006: Interview in Sydney AU (approved - pending fingerprints from Canada)

Oct 2006: Fingerprints FINALLY Arrive!

Nov 11 2006: Hubby comes to USA with Green Card

April 15th 2007: 1st Anniversary

April 15th 2008: 2nd Anniversary

Sept 2008: Begin I-751 to remove conditional stat.

Sept 10 2008: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Sept 15th 2008: Delivery Confirmation from USPS

Sept 20th 2008: NOA1

Dec 2nd 2008: Biometrics Appt. took all of 15 min

Dec 29th 2008: RFE

Jan 14th 2008: Send more evidence to CSC

Jan 30th 2008: Notice that 10 Year Green Card has been ordered

Feb 7th 2009: 10 Year Green Card In Hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Is it necessary to send pictures with the packet? because we didn't send any.

Thanks

K-1 Journey....

05/15/2006 - Sent to TSC (Day 1)

05/30/2006 - NOA 1

07/21/2006 - NOA 2

08/23/2006 - INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL!! (Day 99)[/b]

08/24/2006 - Visa Issued......08/30/2006 --- Visa in HAND !!!

09/02/2006 - REUNITED

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/07/2006 - Married

09/07/2006 - Applied for SSN

09/13/2006 - Picked-up Marriage Certificate's from the COURTHOUSE

09/13/2006 - Vaccinations DONE !!!

09/21/2006 - SSN received

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/21/2006 - Mailed out I-485 Package to Chicago.

10/02/2006 - NOA recevied

10/06/2006 - Letter Received for Biometrics

10/10/2006 - Biometric's Done !!! Appointment for Biometric's originally was on 10/14/2006

10/23/2006 - Case Transfered to CSC

10/27/2006 - Case received at CSC

11/09/2006 - E-mail recevied from CRIS saying AOS Approved and welcome notice mailed.

11/14/2006 - An approval letter mailed.

11/15/2006 - Green Card Received !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/15/2008 - Mailed out I-751 Package to Nebreska. (mail fwd to Cali)

8/21/2008 - Package delivered.

8/25/2008 - Check Cashed/Cleared.

8/29/2008 - NOA Received.

Is it necessary to send pictures with the packet? because we didn't send any.

Thanks

I don't think it is necessary, we sent them as extra evidence. Some people think the photos are very important others think that in a day and age where photos can be digitaly changed, how much evidence are they really.. and it's not like the person going through the packet will know who we are anyway! I think it is just up to you what you include in the packet as evidence of your continued marriage.

Dec 2003: Meet

Feb 2006: Start DCF

March 1st 2006: Receive I-130 packet and packet 3 in mail (AU)

March 6th 2006: Leave US for AU

April 15th 2006: MARRIED!

July 2006: Interview in Sydney AU (approved - pending fingerprints from Canada)

Oct 2006: Fingerprints FINALLY Arrive!

Nov 11 2006: Hubby comes to USA with Green Card

April 15th 2007: 1st Anniversary

April 15th 2008: 2nd Anniversary

Sept 2008: Begin I-751 to remove conditional stat.

Sept 10 2008: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Sept 15th 2008: Delivery Confirmation from USPS

Sept 20th 2008: NOA1

Dec 2nd 2008: Biometrics Appt. took all of 15 min

Dec 29th 2008: RFE

Jan 14th 2008: Send more evidence to CSC

Jan 30th 2008: Notice that 10 Year Green Card has been ordered

Feb 7th 2009: 10 Year Green Card In Hand

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I just wonder and don't know that I can ask the question here. I have a lot of photos (with my husband)saved in my computer. Do I really need them to attach with my N-400 application, the same way I did with I-751? I have 2 months to go for N-400.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I just wonder and don't know that I can ask the question here. I have a lot of photos (with my husband)saved in my computer. Do I really need them to attach with my N-400 application, the same way I did with I-751? I have 2 months to go for N-400.

you need to ask that in the naturalization forum :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

For naturalization, typically the only required info to prove bona fides of the marriage is tax returns, birth certificates of children born from the marriage (if any), and maybe some financial evidence. You definitely don't need to duplicate what you sent with the I-751. Once you've made it through removal of conditions, they don't seem to question the bona fide nature of the marriage in most naturalization cases, unless something unusual comes to the attention of the officer. Most people don't report sending photos (we didn't) and don't have problems with a lack of photos.

For the I-751, we sent a bunch of pictures of us in front of various famous landmarks, demonstrating that we travelled together. We taped the photos to 8.5x11 pieces of paper, handwrote a legible description of the photo and date it was taken, and then made color copies of each page, and sent only the color copies. That way, our packet only contained normal 8.5x11 sheets of paper, with nothing taped or stapled together, nothing to fall apart, etc.

I don't know if the photos helped the I-751 much, but they were fun to put together. And it's not like they took a huge amount of time for the officer to look through.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Lucyrich,

Thanks for posting about what is required when one reaches the naturalization stage of the immigration process. I'll take a note of that when the time comes for me to file for such next year. Glad too, that you didn't have any problems for the personal photos you sent in for the I-751 stage and for not sending in personal photos for the N-400 stage.

I guess compared to the I-751, the N-400 definitely seems a lot easier, evidence-wise! One less thing to worry about, having to send in personal photos for the next stage. Though I've heard that passport-sized photos need to be sent for that next N-400 stage, right?

Yes, the I-751 was a time-consuming "marriage bonding" activity, which likewise, my husband and I (though mostly me) had fun putting together. And yes, "pictures do say 1000 words" and don't take a lot of time for anyone to look through.

Hmmm...anyone around here on VJ want to offer "immigration information organizing/scarpbooking classes"? (just kidding.... :lol: ).

Ant (Scrapbooked my I-751 and still waiting at the VSC...)

For naturalization, typically the only required info to prove bona fides of the marriage is tax returns, birth certificates of children born from the marriage (if any), and maybe some financial evidence. You definitely don't need to duplicate what you sent with the I-751. Once you've made it through removal of conditions, they don't seem to question the bona fide nature of the marriage in most naturalization cases, unless something unusual comes to the attention of the officer. Most people don't report sending photos (we didn't) and don't have problems with a lack of photos.

For the I-751, we sent a bunch of pictures of us in front of various famous landmarks, demonstrating that we travelled together. We taped the photos to 8.5x11 pieces of paper, handwrote a legible description of the photo and date it was taken, and then made color copies of each page, and sent only the color copies. That way, our packet only contained normal 8.5x11 sheets of paper, with nothing taped or stapled together, nothing to fall apart, etc.

I don't know if the photos helped the I-751 much, but they were fun to put together. And it's not like they took a huge amount of time for the officer to look through.

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We plan on taping photos onto 8-1/2 x 11 sheets of paper. Some of our photos are not just the two of us. Instead some includes various family members. Do you think it's necessary to list the name of each person in the photos? Or can I simply say something like: "Christmas 2007, Orlando, FL"?

Thanks

By the way - if someone has answered this specifically, I apologize for the duplication.

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We plan on taping photos onto 8-1/2 x 11 sheets of paper. Some of our photos are not just the two of us. Instead some includes various family members. Do you think it's necessary to list the name of each person in the photos? Or can I simply say something like: "Christmas 2007, Orlando, FL"?

Thanks

By the way - if someone has answered this specifically, I apologize for the duplication.

Any feedback?

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hello!

I've just finished organising mine. I did list the names of the people in most photos except for those with too many people inside (I tried to avoid those :P ). I think they are important esp. when they can show that you are with your husband's family members/ relatives and not just some random people, or they are the friends who helped you write the affidavits.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It is probably not necessary to have pictures but it can't hurt. We just printed our pictures about 2 per page and had about 8 pages of not just us as most of our pictures are just of us doing absolutely nothing but being silly... so we had some with friends and family... but I wish I took some more pictures that made sense, I take a lot of non-sense... like or feet, or our heads rather than of events... :jest:

Mailed N-400 March 6th via priority certified mail and Rec'd 9th (confirmation by USPS)

NOA rec'd: 3/19/2009 (date 3/16/2009, priority 3/9/2009)

Biometrics rec'd 3/26/2009, appt 4/9/2009

IL: 5/22/09

ID: 07/06/2009

Oath: 07/16/2009

SSN updated: 7/16/2009 (not received yet)

Passport rec'd: 8/15/2009(nat. certif not rec'd yet)

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Boaz,

Lol...Ok...the red text and the PM caught my attention, and I don't mind helping other VJers out, so I'll try and answer this question too, even though it doesn't exactly pertain to my situation. The photos that I sent in the I-751 package were just photos of my husband and I, and nobody else was included in them (lol...except for the backsides of other tourists at various attractions and woodland animals/creatures in the background). I didn't label my photos, as it was obvious that it was my husband and I who were in them, since there were only two us as the main focus in the photos we submitted.

If I were in your situation, I would at least label you and your spouse in the photos, as it clearly identify the both of you in the photo (especially if there are many other people in the photos). As for labeling the other people in the photos, I personally don't think that it is necessary, unless they are related to your application directly somehow, as to label people who are unrelated to your application might cause some confusion to the USCIS, thinking that it is the other people and not you and your spouse that are applying. For example, if it is of children you both have together, or if it is of the person that signed the affidavit. Also if you do decide to label others in your photos, should write how they are related to you and your spouse. For example, "John Doe", our son; "Jane Doe", our daughter, etc.

Speaking of labeling, on a funny side-note: My husband has always had to label his photos as a child/kid, as it was hard to tell him apart from his twin brother (though I could always tell them apart in the photos and in-person too). And yes, I married the better looking one.... :D:rofl:

Hope this helps too. Good luck on your immigration journey.

Ant (Still waiting at the VSC...)

Thanks

Any feedback?

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.