rupa

September AOS filers

3,794 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Hello. :star:

As far as I know, they used to issue an interim EAD at the local office. So, basically, we used to be able to get an interim EAD on the same day. But, they no longer issue it at the local office.

What they do now is that officers at the local office determine our eligibility and order it to USCIS for us.

So, I think they still issue an interim EAD. :star:

I will ask them when I go to an infopass appointment next Monday and let you know what they say.

Nao

Hi Nao, my friend-in-waiting,

Yes, i think that is true. They can no longer issue you the EAD on the same day... but hopefully they can help get it moving. Isn't that a bummer, they can't issue you an interim right on the spot? :protest:

Interestingly enough, i was looking at the infopass appointment receipt (the one with the bar code)... It actually reads, Appointment Type: Interim EAD. Does yours say that?

Good luck! :star: :star:

hz

Hi AlHayatZween.

Yep. It is a bummer that they do not issue an interim EAD right on the spot. :wacko:

Mine also says Appointment Type: Interim EAD.

It is so lame that the appointment type is Interim EAD and they cannot issue it on the spot....

I will ask them to expedite my case and also ask to order an interim EAD on my appointment.

I will see what they say....I hope it works. :star:

But, if it doesn't work, I will send an ombudsman an e-mail with all the details.

Then, if it still does not work, I am ready to go to an infopass appointment every single day. hehehe :devil:

Nao

Hi guys,

I wrote a letter to ombudsman yesterday, wasn't really sure what to say without writing a book but I gave them my phone number, MSC numbers, date I submitted forms, dates and names of people and a little of what they said, and that I've been waiting so long and keep getting different stories every time I call up. I also asked about interim card and said I wanted to travel soon. I still can't make an infopass appointment so I hope this helps instead.

Thanks Nao for that extra bit of info about their response time, I'll let you know if I hear anything more.

Good luck guys!

Envy:

I was wondering if maybe it's because you didn't have a reference for anyone in the States? I started to think about this for myself too and thought maybe if it's too hard for them to contact former employers to check you out, that they just don't want to do it. Is there anyway for you to get a reference from somebody here? (volunteer work etc. Maybe you already included it?). Anyway, just a suggestion, but don't let one 'no' put you off ~you can do it! :thumbs:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
i know.. im an industrial engineer.. :blush:

the reason why im tryin to get an entry level job is cos i know people wont hire me cos i dnt have exp here in the US..

and it sucks that even at a secretarial job they'll be askin me for that f*ckin history..

how am i gonna have that if nobody wants to give me a chance.. meye.gif

hi envy_me, don't sell yourself short. A college degree is a big thing in the US, even if received from a foreign country. Don't waste it by doing something 'entry-level' and unrelated. I suggest that you still apply to positions commensurate to your qualifications. Include in your resume any work you've done outside of the US (especially if you've been working for a long time). Even if you haven't worked a long time, you can show your qualifications. Think of it this way, you're just like any other fresh US college graduate who's working for the first time in their field. These college graduates don't go and work in unrelated fields.

If you do decide to apply for an 'entry-level' job, think of it as a stop-gap measure of getting some income while you actually hunt for the job appropriate for your qualifications.

Good luck!

It's a good advice you give her! ;)

I have a question about job hunting....How do you do? lol

I've looked on many websites and all I can find is no qualification jobs. All they ask for is a high school degree... I have a master degree, where to go? on what website can I find qualified jobs? Any advice from those who already start to look for a job or maybe even people who already found a job?!

Timeline
Hi guys,

I wrote a letter to ombudsman yesterday, wasn't really sure what to say without writing a book but I gave them my phone number, MSC numbers, date I submitted forms, dates and names of people and a little of what they said, and that I've been waiting so long and keep getting different stories every time I call up. I also asked about interim card and said I wanted to travel soon. I still can't make an infopass appointment so I hope this helps instead.

Thanks Nao for that extra bit of info about their response time, I'll let you know if I hear anything more.

Good luck guys!

Good for you, I hope he'll do sth asap!!!!let us know every update on that!!

How do you do to contact an ombudsman? where did you find his email adress?

I feel like I will need it soon :(

Timeline
Hi guys,

Good luck guys!

Good for you, I hope he'll do sth asap!!!!let us know every update on that!!

How do you do to contact an ombudsman? where did you find his email adress?

I feel like I will need it soon :(

This is the site Nao posted yesterday, it's has steps you can follow if your case is overdue, and it has the email address:

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/gc_1221837986181.shtm

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

OMG??!!! I THINK I GOT A TOUCH!!! AFTER A VERYY LONG WAIT!! FIRST TOUCH EVER!!

Anyway what is this mean?? Does it mean they will not interview us?? I havent submitted the Medical Report? How is that?

Thanks!

BTW, EAD and AP still not touched.

Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing

On December 16, 2008, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow the instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to update your address. You can use our processing dates to estimate when your case may be processed by following the link below. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case by registering in the link below.

Edited by charramal

K1

01-21-08 mailed I-129F

05-20-08 Medical

06-10-08 Interview - PASSED :D

06-18-08 Visa in hand

06-26-08 PRISM CFO Seminar

06-27-08 US

07-21-08 Wedding

AOS

09-06-08 Mailed AOS

09-29-08 Biometrics

10-06-08 SSN Card received

11-10-08 State ID

01-02-09 EAD Card received

02-25-09 I-485 approved

03-06-09 Conditional Green Card

ROC

01-20-11 Mailed I-751

01-28-11 NOA1 (1 year extension letter)

01-24-11 Biometrics

06-17-11 I-751 approved

06-22-11 Permanent Residency Card

NATURALIZATION

06-23-12 Mailed N-400

08-06-12 Early Biometrics

10-26-12 Interview (Fresno)

11-08-12 Oath Taking

I-130 MOM

11-13-12 Sent in I-130

11-20-12 NOA1

11-20-12 Check Cashed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

the reason why im tryin to get an entry level job is cos i know people wont hire me cos i dnt have exp here in the US..

and it sucks that even at a secretarial job they'll be askin me for that f*ckin history..

hi envy_me, don't sell yourself short. A college degree is a big thing in the US, even if received from a foreign country. Don't waste it by doing something 'entry-level' and unrelated. I suggest that you still apply to positions commensurate to your qualifications. Include in your resume any work you've done outside of the US (especially if you've been working for a long time). Even if you haven't worked a long time, you can show your qualifications. Think of it this way, you're just like any other fresh US college graduate who's working for the first time in their field. These college graduates don't go and work in unrelated fields.

If you do decide to apply for an 'entry-level' job, think of it as a stop-gap measure of getting some income while you actually hunt for the job appropriate for your qualifications.

Good luck!

Completely agree!

Good luck!

It's a good advice you give her! ;)

I have a question about job hunting....How do you do? lol

I've looked on many websites and all I can find is no qualification jobs. All they ask for is a high school degree... I have a master degree, where to go? on what website can I find qualified jobs? Any advice from those who already start to look for a job or maybe even people who already found a job?!

You could also try looking for job fairs in your area. What is your work field?

AOS Timeline (From H1-B)

09/27/2008 Sent AOS package (I-130/I-485)

09/28/2008 USPS delivered package

10/03/2008 NOA I-130, I-485

10/14/2008 Received Biometrics letter

10/16/2008 *TOUCH* I-130

10/17/2008 *TOUCH* I-130... The suspense!

10/25/2008 Biometrics appointment.. easy peasy!

10/27/2008 *TOUCH* I-485

12/29/2008 Interview Notice Date

03/02/2009 AOS interview.. Approved!

03/06/2009 Welcome letter received today! (Letter is postmarked March 4th)

01/05/2011 Applied for removal of conditions (I-751)

01/07/2011 USPS delivered package

05/19/2011 I-751 approved

10/15/2012 Applied for Naturalization (N-400)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all,

still no touches or updates on my EAD or AP. Today is exactly 90 days for me, also no updates since last Monday service request. Again they should give you an interim EAD the same day if 90 day time frame has passed and not to look into it for another 45 days as they state.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hello all,

still no touches or updates on my EAD or AP. Today is exactly 90 days for me, also no updates since last Monday service request. Again they should give you an interim EAD the same day if 90 day time frame has passed and not to look into it for another 45 days as they state.

Hi Time,

What are you going to do, if i might ask? We will hit 90 days on Sunday...

:(

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello all,

Hi Time,

What are you going to do, if i might ask? We will hit 90 days on Sunday...

:(

hz

I don't know AlHayatZween, I am going to maybe call again even though I did last monday and put in a service request. Even if we call I don't think they will be like Oh we are sorry, let me get you an interim EAD right away. They will probably still make another service request which will take longer still. it's just furstrating.

Timeline
Hello all,

That sucks, am I the only one who's had a response about the service request so far? I forgot to ask about the interim EAD when I phoned yesterday.

You could try quoting from the website http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/gc_1221837986181.shtm, that "You should receive a response to your service request within a week." and that "Pursuant to 8 CFR § 274a.13, USCIS must adjudicate EAD applications within 90 days from the date of USCIS receipt of the application." but I guess you'll just get the same lame replies as always.

Perhaps we will all end up like cutie_fishball and get surprise emails one day!

Charramal:

I got that same email on Monday, I didn't know what it meant though and got 2 different responses:

1.) Something about FBI check.

2.) "It's between the two centers" (for me MSC & CSC) and that CSC will check something out and then send it back to MSC.

I also asked if all my cases had been sent there and got

1.) Yes

2.) No :blink:

I hope that was as confusing for you as it was for me!

They also told me I should get my AP within 2 weeks but when I asked if had been approved then, they said no. Huh??? :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I don't know AlHayatZween, I am going to maybe call again even though I did last monday and put in a service request. Even if we call I don't think they will be like Oh we are sorry, let me get you an interim EAD right away. They will probably still make another service request which will take longer still. it's just furstrating.

i'm sorry... yes, it is terribly frustrating... :ranting: i hope you call though... it's not right that you are waiting so long and didn't have an RFE or anything!

maybe you can get a supervisor on the phone? be sure to get the names, just in case you need to follow-up.

let us know if come across anything. good luck! :thumbs:

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline
This is the site Nao posted yesterday, it's has steps you can follow if your case is overdue, and it has the email address:

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/gc_1221837986181.shtm

Opps! my bad! I read this yesterday, but I guess I forgot to read the step 3! ;)

Thanks!

Timeline

Good idea! I'll try to find some! I don't know if there's any in my area though...

I never worked before...only student jobs! My master degree is Economics, European Law (useless) and Chinese!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Good idea! I'll try to find some! I don't know if there's any in my area though...

I never worked before...only student jobs! My master degree is Economics, European Law (useless) and Chinese!

Actually, don't think that your field in international issues or your knowledge in a second or third language is useless because it is an advantage when you really think about it. You have the skills that a lot of US jobseekers don't have and if you try to market that about yourself in your resume or during the interview, it really makes you stand out from the rest. With your master degree and language skills, I would try to look for companies/ organizations that deal a lot with European countries since you obviously have the expertise in European law and then try to sell that about yourself. IMHO, job hunting in the end is like you trying to advertise yourself that you can do the job and do it well. As for references, my advice would be to volunteer first in an organization that appeals to you, and then use them as your reference. You can also use your previous employers from abroad. The key is to be patient, since it might take you as long as 6 months to find your dream job, but you can always accept something less while looking for something better.

When I was looking for a job, I looked in a bunch of websites: craigslist, monster.com, idealist.org, etc. Google them and apply to as many as you can in order to keep your options as open as possible. Look up companies and organizations that you are interested in working with and go to their careers page to see if there are any openings. Don't, and I cannot stress this enough, let go of any lead even if you're sure that you've landed a job until you've officially start your first day.

I hope this helps! I understand the frustration of job-hunting well but if you don't give up, you'll get that dream job one day.

AOS Journey

09/27/2008 - Filed I-130/AOS package via UPS

10/06/2008 - Received hardcopy NOAs via USPS

10/25/2008 - Biometrics appointment date

12/23/2008 - EAD card and AP documents in hand! Yay!

12/29/2008 - Interview letter in hand

02/03/2009 - Interview date at San Francisco local office - Approved!

02/17/2009 - Green Card in hand! Whoo Hoo! (4 months, 3 weeks and a day of AOS journey)

ROC Journey

11/08/2010 - Filed I-751/ ROC package via USPS (Express Mail)

11/15/2010 - Received NOA dated 11/09/2010

01/20/2011 - Biometrics appointment (letter received 12/27/10)

02/28/2011 - Received card production email

03/05/2011 - 10-Year Green Card in hand! (3 months, 3 weeks, 4 days of ROC journey)

Naturalization Journey

03/05/2012 - Filed N-400 package via USPS (Express Mail)

03/14/2012 - Received NOA dated 03/07/2012

04/16/2012 - Biometrics appointment (letter received 03/26/12)

05/24/2012 - Interview at San Francisco local office - Approved!

07/11/2012 - Oath Ceremony in Oakland, CA (4 months and 7 days of Naturalization journey)

Finally a US citizen! (overall process from beginning to end: 3 years, 9 months and 15 days)

Filed: Other Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Perhaps we will all end up like cutie_fishball and get surprise emails one day!

Well, my husband still believes that it's no coincidence.... his phone call triggered that sudden surprise e-mail. Tomorrow is my 90 day mark on my EAD and I hope they will issue me an interim EAD.... (for some strange reasons, my husband kept saying it's an EMERGENCY EAD) well, I hope I can get it... and get any job to sustain for the time being (after getting laid off for a week)

H-1 Process:

10/01/2007 Activated my 3 year H-1b visa

AOS Process:

08/06/2008 Appointment with civil surgeon, blood-work

08/08/2008 Getting married!

08/15/2008 Additional vaccination and chest x-ray taken as per I-693

09/13/2008 AOS packet mailed out to USCIS in Chicago

09/15/2008 AOS packet received by USCIS in Chicago

09/18/2008 NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP issued

09/19/2008 $1010 for I-485 cashed

09/22/2008 $355 for I-130 cashed

09/26/2008 NOA for Biometrics Appointment scheduled for 10/15/2008 in Boston USCIS

10/15/2008 Fingerprinting and photo taken for Biometrics in Boston USCIS

10/16/2008 AOS and EAD touched

12/16/2008 AP I-131 Application for USCIS travel document approval notice sent

12/18/2008 EAD I765 Application for Employment Authorization card production ordered

12/22/2008 I-797C, Notice of Action received for request for applicant to appear for initial interview for I-485

12/23/2008 EAD I765 Application for Employment Authorization approval notice sent

12/23/2008 AP I-131 Application for USCIS travel document received in the mail

12/26/2008 EAD I765 Application for Employment Authorization document received in the mail

02/13/2009 AOS interview at Boston USCIS office. Approved.

02/27/2009 Green Card received in the mail!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

01/16/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

01/21/11 I-751 received at VSC

01/23/11 Cheque Cashed

01/27/11 NOA1

03/01/11 Biometric appointment

06/17/11 Received Approval Notice in the email

06/22/2001 - Received Approval Notice in the mail (Receipt dated 06/16/2011)

02/23/2009 Green Card received in the mail via USPS priority

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.