Sept 2008 K1 VSC filers

922 posts in this topic

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Well, my daughter and I have our medicals this Thursday and my interview next Thursday....after all this waiting it suddenly seems to be moving very fast :o

I just need to get one more thing ready for the interview..a letter from a solicitor/notary public to clarify my Parental Responsibility under English Law. I hope I can get it ready in time...i'm moving house tomorrow and starting a new short term job on Wednesday so will be super busy...... :blink:

Kirsten,

how old is your daughter? good luck on the medical and interview!

Edited by Wisedom come to

Ok, guys and gals, who else needs a "Get out of jail" ticket here?

My man is coming over next Thursday! It's finally: "Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh! It's really happening next week!"

awesome! dima's interview is the 22nd....he's hopping n a plane as soon as the visa is in hand! i hope he's here the wknd of the 25th. 1.5 wks!

Probably, not..:(..it took us 5 business day to get our visa. It depends of the region where DhL deliveres and how often. Where in Belorussia? If it's Minks, you are looking at 3 business days.

also, have you booked a ticket yet? you know, last min things are awfully expensive.

yes- he lives in minsk. warsaw's embassy page says 3 days; however, his visitor's visa to poland is only good for 3 days and he can't return to BY without his passport. therefore, we're hoping they'll do same day or allow him to pick it up the next day. we didn't buy any tickets yet because of the risk of him not getting the visa. he'll get the tickets when the visa is in hand! thanks for the tips---we have high hopes, but will do what is needed in the end. we already waited 8 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay!! I e-mailed my embassy and they said I'm officially on the waiting list !! Next bunch of interviews should be scheduled in about a week and a half. Keeping my finger crossed but not counting on getting one that soon.

Yay!! I e-mailed my embassy and they said I'm officially on the waiting list !! Next bunch of interviews should be scheduled in about a week and a half. Keeping my finger crossed but not counting on getting one that soon.

god speed!

Well, my daughter and I have our medicals this Thursday and my interview next Thursday....after all this waiting it suddenly seems to be moving very fast :o

I just need to get one more thing ready for the interview..a letter from a solicitor/notary public to clarify my Parental Responsibility under English Law. I hope I can get it ready in time...i'm moving house tomorrow and starting a new short term job on Wednesday so will be super busy...... :blink:

Kirsten,

how old is your daughter? good luck on the medical and interview!

She's 11, so a big girl now! I got the letter from a solicitor all done and all we need are our american sized passport photos which i can get done at the weekend. Tomorrows medical day, then after we're shopping, got to make the most of being in Knightsbridge haha!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

What happened to pretty Amber?:(

Kirsten, I thought it was you on the pic, but it's your daughter?)

then after we're shopping, got to make the most of being in Knightsbridge haha!

You are kidding:)))) it's worse than my 2 cups of coffee in Moscow:)))) everything is 3.5 times more than in US in London. :unsure:

everywhere in LOndon.

Sent my DS-230 1 to the embassy on monday, collected my medical exam results today.... please god let the interview be soon.

good luck to you all who have interviews coming up!!!

as1cEZt0g410000MDAyMzJzfDAwMDUzczh8V2VcJ3ZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZA.gif

Kirsten,

how did your medical go yesterday?

I had to cancel mine for today as I'm sick as a dog with ear and sinus infections. Feel like I've been run over few times. I've re-booked the medical for 23rd (same day as your interview! :)) but I'm a bit worried how will the antibiotics affects my blood tests since I'll still be on them... :unsure: The only good news is that the Embassy in London has finally logged my case onto their system on the 15th!!! I'll be sending my Packet 3 to them on Monday when I'll hopefully feel more human again and we'll be able to drive to the post office :). Let's see if they pay attention to entry to the USA date and give me the interview date this month! Now, that would be a miracle?! :D

AmberL, good luck on getting an interview date soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Kirsten,

how did your medical go yesterday?

I wasn't impressed by the standrad to be honest but I have said alot about that in the UK forum! I hope you are feeling much better soon! I don't think your antibiotics would have any effect on the blood test as they are screening for HIV and syphillis anti-bodies. Good luck when you do have yours :star:

What happened to pretty Amber?:(

Kirsten, I thought it was you on the pic, but it's your daughter?)

then after we're shopping, got to make the most of being in Knightsbridge haha!

You are kidding:)))) it's worse than my 2 cups of coffee in Moscow:)))) everything is 3.5 times more than in US in London. :unsure:

everywhere in LOndon.

Yep, thats my little girl!

Luckily I checked the address before I left, although called Knightsbridge Dr's, the office i went to wasn't in Knightsbridge...it was round the back of my favourite store in the world, Selfridges!! Fantastic, we had a lovely afternoon once the medical was over, and although it was an expensive day all-in-all, I did have some gift vouchers to spend from my colleagues as a leaving present, so I spent those too :lol:

I wasn't impressed by the standrad to be honest but I have said alot about that in the UK forum! I hope you are feeling much better soon! I don't think your antibiotics would have any effect on the blood test as they are screening for HIV and syphillis anti-bodies. Good luck when you do have yours :star:

Well, that's a relief! Thanks, the antibiotics have started to work so I feel almost human again :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

ok guys---this is it! the amber/ dima interview is tomorrow! technically, he'll be going in tonight around 1:30 a.m. EST. i'm going to sit on my laptop all night refreshing skype and my email cos we have no idea if and when he'll be able to find internet. wish us the best!!!! :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.