lLeigh

Sept 2008 K1 VSC filers

922 posts in this topic

OK VSC, you had a long weekend and now it's time to get back to work and approve some September people. :innocent:

May this be our week! :yes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
OK VSC, you had a long weekend and now it's time to get back to work and approve some September people. :innocent:

YES!!!! :thumbs:

I do not want to sound like a #######, but... hehehe... looking at igors list, it appears that they are now processing october filers. Sooooo, the few remaining september filers, yea, prepare for a long wait. Seems like every month has a small group of petitioners who become overlooked for whatever reason as they roll on to the next month of cases.

I truly hope I am wrong, and that it is a freak coincidence that of the last 20 approvals:

10 were october NOA's

4 were september

4 were August

1 june

1 November

So, yea, as I said, I think they are moving onto october filers now. Not saying you won't get your NOA2... you will, eventually. Just be ready to go the full 6 months and beyond now.

Nick

I-129F mailed to VSC - 08/27/08

I-129F recieved at VSC - 08/28/08

Check Cleared - 09/02/08 (Case number on back of check, never mailed me NOA1)

Touched - 09/03/08

Touched - 09/23/08

Touched - 09/24/08 (I think it relates to my change of address request)

Approval notice - 02/26/09 (updated timeline)

Approval Hardcopy - 03/05/09

Left NVC - 03/05/2009

Interview - 05/19/2009

Entered USA- 08/03/2009

P.O.E. - Atlanta, GA

http://www.myspace.com/freethinkers

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I do not want to sound like a #######, but... hehehe... looking at igors list, it appears that they are now processing october filers. Sooooo, the few remaining september filers, yea, prepare for a long wait. Seems like every month has a small group of petitioners who become overlooked for whatever reason as they roll on to the next month of cases.

I truly hope I am wrong, and that it is a freak coincidence that of the last 20 approvals:

10 were october NOA's

4 were september

4 were August

1 june

1 November

So, yea, as I said, I think they are moving onto october filers now. Not saying you won't get your NOA2... you will, eventually. Just be ready to go the full 6 months and beyond now.

Nick

Since igor's list isnt a fair representation of all the people who have filled for a K1 I wouldnt place too much weight on this, and yes we will all get our NOA2's eventually. Anywyas it looks like they have been very slow lately... and it still looks like the data is following a normal distribution.

Edited by amberL

Timeline

10 were october NOA's

4 were september

4 were August

1 june

1 November

Nick

Since igor's list isnt a fair representation of all the people who have filled for a K1 I wouldnt place too much weight on this, and yes we will all get our NOA2's eventually. Anywyas it looks like they have been very slow lately... and it still looks like the data is following a normal distribution.

Of course igor's list isn't a representation of all filers, but it does provide a snapshot of what the VSC is up to.

I am not trying to be a downer, but if I was a betting man, I would bet that the remaining september filers will go the full 6 months or more, while more and more october filers are approved.

It has happened to the remaining july and august filers who still frequent here.

I hope I am wrong. I hope the remaining september people get their approval this week or next week. I know this friday will be my 170th day waiting. I am not waiting for 180 days, I am visiting the local immigration office to have them call the VSC to ask them what the status of my case is, since the 1-800 number is about as useful as talking to a rock.

Call me paranoid, but I've seen a few supposed photos of the service centers filing room... and all I can say is WOW. I can't help but think they have somehow misplaced my file somewhere, with the way that clusterf**k of a filing room looks.

Hell, at this point in time, I'd be happy if I got an RFE.

Nick

Edited by ndalessandro

I-129F mailed to VSC - 08/27/08

I-129F recieved at VSC - 08/28/08

Check Cleared - 09/02/08 (Case number on back of check, never mailed me NOA1)

Touched - 09/03/08

Touched - 09/23/08

Touched - 09/24/08 (I think it relates to my change of address request)

Approval notice - 02/26/09 (updated timeline)

Approval Hardcopy - 03/05/09

Left NVC - 03/05/2009

Interview - 05/19/2009

Entered USA- 08/03/2009

P.O.E. - Atlanta, GA

http://www.myspace.com/freethinkers

It makes me sick to say this but I think you are right Nick, the pattern has always been about 65-70% of a given moth approved (on VJ data) before they seem to move on to the next month. I think those with RFE's will hear soon, they will not be forgotten but the rest of us? We may as well make ourselves comfortable, we could be here a while :whistle:

don't wish for an RFE...cos then a month later when you've heard nothing..all you can think is what a stupid douche you are cos you could have been approved a month ago if you weren't so stupid. and then you look at people with RFEs who took months after to get approved and you want to die.

Edited by amberdima

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well people, all we can do September Filers, is wait, many of us have been approved, but some of us are still waiting, most of us are very active here in VJ, so lets support each other and hope that soon we all get approved, I'll be contacting my State congressman and seek for help, I've notice other people haD done this and gotten good results.

So, eventhought VSC is already working on October filers, we still be getting some september approvals, lets just hope we are not forgotten completely.

Good Luck to Everyone

LUISH

don't wish for an RFE...cos then a month later when you've heard nothing..all you can think is what a stupid douche you are cos you could have been approved a month ago if you weren't so stupid. and then you look at people with RFEs who took months after to get approved and you want to die.

Couldn't agree with you more, unfortunately. :crying:

And to think our very first VJ approval date estimate way back in September was the 5th January! Month and a half later the NOA2 still feels like chasing a rainbow...

Eventually the VSC will have to go back and approve the rest of us but my hopes of that day being anytime soon are slipping away... As you can tell depression is setting in :(

Good luck to us all.

AOS timeline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Well people, all we can do September Filers, is wait, many of us have been approved, but some of us are still waiting, most of us are very active here in VJ, so lets support each other and hope that soon we all get approved, I'll be contacting my State congressman and seek for help, I've notice other people haD done this and gotten good results.

So, eventhought VSC is already working on October filers, we still be getting some september approvals, lets just hope we are not forgotten completely.

Good Luck to Everyone

LUISH

i wrote my congressman and he responded. i'm assuming that explains the 'touch' i got on feb. 6. nothing since. i would still recommend writing reps.

Edited by amberdima

At this point, anything is worth a try.

AOS timeline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I was approved today, 5 months after submitting the application. So hang in there, it will happen! I hope for everyone to receive an approval soon.

Don't hesitate to contact your congressmens office. Mine was very responsive. I contacted him on Thursday of last week and he put in a formal inquiry into my case the same day. He called me today to say I was approved, after I got the email; but he definetely was following my case. Coincidence? Possibly. But it definetely did not hurt!

Good luck to all!

I was approved today, 5 months after submitting the application. So hang in there, it will happen! I hope for everyone to receive an approval soon.

Don't hesitate to contact your congressmens office. Mine was very responsive. I contacted him on Thursday of last week and he put in a formal inquiry into my case the same day. He called me today to say I was approved, after I got the email; but he definetely was following my case. Coincidence? Possibly. But it definetely did not hurt!

Good luck to all!

congrats!!! :star:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good luck to all!

Congratulations......

I just wrote to my State Governor, hoping it will help me with my case, I'll keep everyone inform...

LUISH

Timeline

Hey, guys! when you contact your congressman, you'd need to follow thru if you don't hear anything, remember: it's government.

You know what else I think? A couple of weeks ago there were number of inquiries and complaints about VT, so they shaped up their butts and rained NOA 2 faster than CA, now back to being slow. Another storm of complaints and feds inquires could speed things up, perhaps?

So sorry to see things are being so slow..(

Edited by Wisedom come to

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.