falcon

DS-230 Q23: Educational Institutions - Only College or HS too?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I'm filing IR1/CR1 for my spouse in Hyderabad, India. I need some help filling DS-230.

Q23. List below all educational institutions attended.

What to exactly write in fields for "COURSE OF STUDY" and "DEGREE OR DIPLOMA" which are pretty small in size?

This is what I have so far (example). Is it good enough?

The full course is "Electrical and Communications Engineering".

SCHOOL AND LOCATION FROM/TO (mm-yyyy) COURSE OF STUDY DEGREE OR DIPLOMA

Anna University, Chennai, India 07-2002 04-2006 Engineering Bachelor

Do we need to also list High School (11th, 12th) or Intermediate 1st, 2nd yrs, Secondary school (?-10th) etc.?

And what to write in these last 2 columns for them?

Q. If any of you have attached additional sheets because of lack of space, what did you write in DS-230 for that question? Is "SEE ATTACHMENT" ok?

Q. If Applicant, Father and Mother do not have Middle Name, is it must to put "N/A" or should be left Blank?

Q20. List below all places you have lived for at least six months since reaching the age of 16, including places in your country of nationality. Begin

with your present residence

If applicant stayed at Hostel for the 4 yrs of College, should that address be listed here?

Will this mean that applicant must obtain PCC From College Hostel address also? Hostel is in different State from her present address but in the same Country.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

For the school, we listed everything down to elementary school. I've read that some people don't go past high school.

as for the attachments, we had three attachments.

ours were for question 22, 23, and 25

so we put "see attachment #1" for 22, "see attachment #2" for 23, etc...instead of trying to fit it in

Edited by wowswift

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

You only need to put in everything after high school

I married my love on 12/24/07

I filed for the I 130 on 1/23/08

Receipt number recevied 2/13/08

Paperwork sent to Guangzhou on 1/23/09

Interview 5/21/09 PASSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visa 5/23/09

POE 6/2/09

Home 6/3/09

FILED I-751

SENT PAPERWORK 3/8/11

NOA-1 3/10/11

BIOMETERICS 4/29/11

WAITING APPROVAL

I put college, high school, middle school and elementary school down in it since I attended only these four schools in my life.

My parents don't have a middle name, either. I left it blank.

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

Timeline
For the school, we listed everything down to elementary school. I've read that some people don't go past high school.

so we put "see attachment #1" for 22, "see attachment #2" for 23, etc...instead of trying to fit it in

Wowswift,

How did you list the non-College education in the format they asked? What did you write for "Course of Study" and "Diploma"?

Thanks

^ I put high school, university and grad school

For high school I wrote: <name of school>, Secondary School, Certificate

I guess you could also write: <name of school>, High School, Diploma

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wowswift,

How did you list the non-College education in the format they asked? What did you write for "Course of Study" and "Diploma"?

Thanks

my husband made an excel sheet. when there was not an option, he put N/A

basically looks like this

college had diploma (it was a tech school and they issued a diploma)

univeristy had N/A (he didn't finish)

high school had diploma

elementary had N/A

we made an excel spreedshet for those questions that i said i made an attachment for and printed them out

Edited by wowswift

Timeline

My wife's present address (where she currently works) is different State from where she attended her College (3 yrs ago).

Do we need to furnish PCC from the locality of her College?

I called the NVC Rep and was told if both are in same Country then no need to obtain PCC for College stay. But in the NVC - Embassy web page it says:

IF the applicant… ---------------------------------------------------- AND… -------------------------- THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from…

is living in their country of nationality at their --------- is 16 years old or older ----------- the police authorities of that locality.

current residence for more than 6 months

lived in a different part of their country of ------------- was 16 years or older at that time ---- the police authorities of that locality.

nationality for more than 6 months

Edited by falcon

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Falcon,

You might like to read this thread link . Hope it clears up your doubt.

And about question number 23 of DS-230, I just listed 3 institutes, that is my Senior Secondary school (I put it as Diploma)

Then my Graduation as Degree and then my PG. You don't really have to list all the minor courses you might have done like a computer course or taking an electronic class, things like that. Just whichever major universities or boards your spouse has attended.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Falcon,

And about question number 23 of DS-230, I just listed 3 institutes, that is my Senior Secondary school (I put it as Diploma)

Then my Graduation as Degree and then my PG. You don't really have to list all the minor courses you might have done like a computer course or taking an electronic class, things like that. Just whichever major universities or boards your spouse has attended.

Timeline
Hello Falcon,

If you have only finished high school I don't think you have to put anything in the box except N/A right?

Visa 5/23/09

POE 6/2/09

Home 6/3/09

FILED I-751

SENT PAPERWORK 3/8/11

NOA-1 3/10/11

BIOMETERICS 4/29/11

WAITING APPROVAL

Timeline

Then I guess it does not matter if you do not put high school information down at all.

Visa 5/23/09

POE 6/2/09

Home 6/3/09

FILED I-751

SENT PAPERWORK 3/8/11

NOA-1 3/10/11

BIOMETERICS 4/29/11

WAITING APPROVAL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.