Steve and Amara

how long do we have?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

EAKK! We just had our I-129F approved.

once its approved in Australia do we have (up to) 90 days to be in Australia before returning to America or is it longer?

we have heard from some places that its 3 months and then other places 6 months.

we know we only have 90 days once we arrive back in America.

Filed: Timeline
EAKK! We just had our I-129F approved.

once its approved in Australia do we have (up to) 90 days to be in Australia before returning to America or is it longer?

we have heard from some places that its 3 months and then other places 6 months.

we know we only have 90 days once we arrive back in America.

congrats.

Not understanding what you mean by once it's approved in Australia, do you have 90 days to be in australia. If your visa is approved at the embassy in Australia, then you can leave whenever your visa is approved. Once you enter the US you have 90 days to marry.

You don't have to wait in Australia for a certain amount of time after the visa is approved before going to the US. You do, however, have to leave BEFORE a certain amount of time before the visa expires.

Hopefully that made sense haha

congradulations :thumbs: :thumbs:

i heard it was activate/use visa within 6 months of issue and marry within 90days of using it.

please dont forget :time:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Timeline

i heard it was activate/use visa within 6 months of issue and marry within 90days of using it.

thanks for that, but does that mean I can wait in Australia for 6 months and then head to the USA and have 90 days to marry OR does that mean 90 days in Australia (to get ready/pack/finish work etc...) and then 90 days in the USA to marry?

Cheers!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks for that, but does that mean I can wait in Australia for 6 months and then head to the USA and have 90 days to marry OR does that mean 90 days in Australia (to get ready/pack/finish work etc...) and then 90 days in the USA to marry?

Cheers!

k1 fiancee visa is good for 6 months so you can stay in australia (toget ready/pack/finish work etc) then when you decide to come to US keep in mind that K1 is ONE entry visa..once you're here you need to be married within 90 days..and then later on proceed to AOS application with that you will apply for AP travel document so you can go back to australia once you had the approved travel document..good luck,,congrats. :thumbs:

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Timeline

Cheers!

k1 fiancee visa is good for 6 months so you can stay in australia (toget ready/pack/finish work etc) then when you decide to come to US keep in mind that K1 is ONE entry visa..once you're here you need to be married within 90 days..and then later on proceed to AOS application with that you will apply for AP travel document so you can go back to australia once you had the approved travel document..good luck,,congrats. :thumbs:

\

Thanks so much for that. its not that i dont want to be back in the USA...lucky me has my US fiance out here with my waiting for the Visa t be approved fully so we can go back to the USA together. ALSO...if we had t go back 3 months after it was approved it would be too cold to be wearing my beautiful wedding dress 8grins*

|Cheers!

SO happy!

:)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Cheers!

\

Thanks so much for that. its not that i dont want to be back in the USA...lucky me has my US fiance out here with my waiting for the Visa t be approved fully so we can go back to the USA together. ALSO...if we had t go back 3 months after it was approved it would be too cold to be wearing my beautiful wedding dress 8grins*

|Cheers!

SO happy!

YOur welcome and congrats in advance to your upcoming wedding :dance: Yep winter is coming it's gonna be cold.. :wacko:

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
congradulations :thumbs::thumbs:

Cheers!

\

|Cheers!

SO happy!

Just make sure you're here within those 6 months and that you get married no later than 90 days after you arrive.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline
congradulations :thumbs::thumbs:

Cheers!

\

|Cheers!

SO happy!

Just make sure you're here within those 6 months and that you get married no later than 90 days after you arrive.

UGH still confused. does it mean we have up to six months i Australia or only 3!?! sorry my brain isnt reading this properly.

UGH still confused. does it mean we have up to six months i Australia or only 3!?! sorry my brain isnt reading this properly.

After approval, you can stay in Australia for up to six months before you have to go to America. Once you enter America, you have three months to get married.

I hope that clears things up for you.

The only doom that's looming is you loving me to death,

So I'll give you a sec to catch your breath.

Timeline

After approval, you can stay in Australia for up to six months before you have to go to America. Once you enter America, you have three months to get married.

I hope that clears things up for you.

fantastic! Thanks so much for that. Do you know where I would be able to find out that information on a governmental website/forum site/offical link?

Cheers

It is mentioned in the K-1 FAQ, located here: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-outline.html

And then there's mention of it here, point 14 [and a vague reference to it in point 15]: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

And for something a bit more official: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD :)

Don't be intimidated by the guides - There may be a lot of them, and it might seem overwhelming at first, but the best thing to do is to just dive in and read them, 'cause you'll end up absorbing a lot of information. And if you're ever lost, you could always go to uscis.gov and search [top right hand corner] for an answer relating to your topic. :) I hope the links help, though. Good luck.

The only doom that's looming is you loving me to death,

So I'll give you a sec to catch your breath.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.