Sino's Suga

Affidavit of Support

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i need to write a letter of explanation of why i am not required to file taxes

i do no make enough money

does anyone have suggestions of what i could write

our case is already complete but i want to write the letter for my husband to bring with him to the interview

because the interview letter had a list saying our financial information was incomplete due to this letter not being in

our affidavit of support but they went ahead and completed our case without it and sent it to Casablanca....

I don't want it to be a reason for denial... so just to be sure i need to write a letter explaining why I am not required to file taxes.

:unsure:

My Heart Is Complete....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

US citizen/spouse MUST provide an I-864 as primary sponsor, and needs to provide an explanition why no IRS return along with financial evidence, many just file a zero return, or a return for what ever was made even if below the minimum, and provide this return as evidence of income.

Also will need a Joint sponsor, for this situation.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
US citizen/spouse MUST provide an I-864 as primary sponsor, and needs to provide an explanition why no IRS return along with financial evidence, many just file a zero return, or a return for what ever was made even if below the minimum, and provide this return as evidence of income.

yes i know... our AOS was already accepted with cosponsor but they requested more info from me about not filing taxes...

will tax transcripts showing that i did not file be sufficient?

do i need to also write a letter of explanation of why i do not file taxes?

if so, any suggestions of what words to use to explain?

My Heart Is Complete....

Timeline

yes i know... our AOS was already accepted with cosponsor but they requested more info from me about not filing taxes...

Letter of explanation needs to site the IRS rules that allowed you to NOT file a return, as well as financial evidence showing why a return.

Again many just file a late return even though you don't need to pay tax, and for what ever amount of income even if it was below the minimum required. and then provide a copy of that return.

Also did you know that by NOT filing a return you may have given up the stimulus rebate?

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=177937,00.html

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Timeline

Letter of explanation needs to site the IRS rules that allowed you to NOT file a return, as well as financial evidence showing why a return.

Again many just file a late return even though you don't need to pay tax, and for what ever amount of income even if it was below the minimum required. and then provide a copy of that return.

Also did you know that by NOT filing a return you may have given up the stimulus rebate?

I did file 2007 just for the stimulus...

do you know where i might find the IRS rules that allow me NOT to file a return?

Edited by Sino's Suga

My Heart Is Complete....

Timeline

I did file 2007 just for the stimulus...

do you know where i might find the IRS rules that allow me NOT to file a return?

Then no letter is needed, just call IRS and order a transcript for your 2007 return, all you need to attach to the I-864 is most recent return or transcript.

http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html Just call the 800 number and order simple transcripts.

Edited by YuAndDan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Here is what my husband wrote about not filing for taxes- different reason but you can change that (we didn;t have any non-filing statement from the IRS):

To Whom It May Concern:

I am Mr Penguin, Penguin's husband and petitioning sponsor. I did not file an income tax return for the years 2005, 2006 or 2007 because I have not worked during my 3 year residence within the Republic of Ireland. Once I came to Ireland, I was unable to find work and so used savings; I was maintained by my wife upon her income and savings. Since I made no income for these years of any type, I was not required to file an income tax return with the Internal Revenue Service.

Sincerely, Mr Penguin.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hi ,

I think there is a big difference to the IRS between having NO income and having some albeit less than needed to pay taxes.

I think once you earn income you still are required to file, my income is all foreign earned, it is below the threshold to pay taxes, but i still filed.

I could not find a reference in the IRS allowing me NOT to file.

Hope this helps

Regards

May 28 07 - Mailed I 130

Jun 21 07 - USCIS Website - Petition Received June 21 07 and I 797 sent

Oct 16 07 - Called USCIS - No NOA 1 Recieved - Told it was never mailed and they will now send it

Oct 17 07 - Touched - Most likely due to Call and NOA 1 Request

Oct 24 07 - NOA 1 in Mail

Jun 12 07 - ACTUAL receipt/ priority date on NOA 1

Nov 15 07 - Touch

Nov 16 07 - Website = Approval Notice Sent on Nov 15

NVC Phase

Nov 27 07 - Entered in NVC System

Was in AP @ NVC for almost 3 months

Feb 18 08 - DS 3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed

Feb 21 08 - Email DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 21 08 - NVC automatic email notification

Feb 27 08 - AOS Fee Bill & Copy of DS 3032 Received in Mail

Feb 29 08 - Email received from NVC accepting DS 3032

Mar 03 08 - AOS Fee sent

Mar 03 08 - NVC Generated IV Fee Bill

Mar 05 08 - NVC Receives AOS Fee Bill

Mar 11 08 - IV Fee Bill received in mail

Mar 15 08 - IV Fee Paid

Mar 17 08 - AOS Instructions Received in mail

Mar 22 08 - AOS Packet Returned to NVC

Mar 24 08 - DS 230 Generated

Apr 07 08 - AOS Packet Review and OK

Apr 22 08 - DS 230 received by NVC

Apr 28 08 - Case Complete

Sept 19 08 - NVC Confirms Interview Scheduled Oct 21

Sept 29 08 - Interview Letter Received in Mail

Oct 06 08 - Medical Completed

Oct 08 08 - Consulate Postpones Interview To Nov 24

Nov 24 08 - VISA GRANTED IR 1

Dec 08 - Landed in USA via Fort Lauderdale

Jan 09 - SS card received

Feb 09 - GC received

If you are below the threshold, you do not have to file. Them's the rules. Look in the instructions for a 1040.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Timeline
If you are below the threshold, you do not have to file. Them's the rules. Look in the instructions for a 1040.

!

You are awesome. That is exactly what i was looking for; The IRS information where it explained why i did not have to file. Thanks so much!

My Heart Is Complete....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.