2,826 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

LOL I had no choice the government holds the cards and there is very little we can do but wait I truly hope no one else has to wait as long as I have I have a remarkable spouse who made it a lot easier. i just hope I can bring him home soon. Good Luck

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

LOL I had no choice the government holds the cards and there is very little we can do but wait I truly hope no one else has to wait as long as I have I have a remarkable spouse who made it a lot easier. i just hope I can bring him home soon. Good Luck

god bless your heart whazup, this is also my fear, we already over 7 mos ap, you made it, im so glad for you. Pat

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok another thing that disturbs me is some men go to any country and marry females half their age, and they fly through the system even if they have been married a few times before. Where is justice in the system? What as being a female petitioner marrying a foreign man we have to suffer. I thought we are living in the modern world now, but it still seems like society has not changed.

Star

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ok another thing that disturbs me is some men go to any country and marry females half their age, and they fly through the system even if they have been married a few times before. Where is justice in the system? What as being a female petitioner marrying a foreign man we have to suffer. I thought we are living in the modern world now, but it still seems like society has not changed.

Star

i totally agree with you starlight, my husband and i have been apart now over 2 years and now this 7 month ap is ridiculous and i think my husbands heart attack was directly related to all this aggravation stress due to ap hell. Its simply not fair, meanwhile the mexican slip back and forth thru our borders ilegally at will takeing our jobs for less pay and working under the table and not paying taxes and our gov't does nothing about it, yet we have to wait, i would think after 7 mos they could do all the checks they needed,i'd like to know just what it is they are doing but then thats part of the aggravation they seem to love to put on us.Its not like i can go see my husband whenever i want to, i'm not rich and i have to stay here and work. Yeah, i second that motion, wheres the justice????????? Pat

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Star

I completely agree and it makes me so angry that females from other cultures who obviously have arranged marriages for visa purposes are allowed to come to the States immediately. I know of two cases in my very small NJ town. We all have married for love and wait and worry that we'll get the visa. We spend countless hours, tears, and money on visits, living arrangements, etc.

Meredith & Brahim

2 April 2009 - Married in France

23 April 2009 - Sent K3 Petitions

23 August 2009 - Petitions approved, sent to Paris

9 December 2009 - Interview: Approved, pending AP

7 May 2010 - 5 MONTHS LATER: DOS Confirms Visa Final Approval

10 May 2010 - Embassy Confirms Visa Being Issued

11 May 2010 - VISA IN HAND

14 May 2010 - Flights to Newark!!

i totally agree with you starlight, my husband and i have been apart now over 2 years and now this 7 month ap is ridiculous and i think my husbands heart attack was directly related to all this aggravation stress due to ap hell. Its simply not fair, meanwhile the mexican slip back and forth thru our borders ilegally at will takeing our jobs for less pay and working under the table and not paying taxes and our gov't does nothing about it, yet we have to wait, i would think after 7 mos they could do all the checks they needed,i'd like to know just what it is they are doing but then thats part of the aggravation they seem to love to put on us.Its not like i can go see my husband whenever i want to, i'm not rich and i have to stay here and work. Yeah, i second that motion, wheres the justice????????? Pat

I toltally agree with sweet pat.

My all best wishes and prayers are with u and rana.

You will be soon together.

Edited by Sibtain

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Days ae here again I got a very unexpected E-mail today and it is Saturday so I sure didn't think I would read this today

Current Status: Notice reaffirming approval mailed to you and case sent to the Department of State.

On April 9, 2010, we mailed a notice to you reaffirming the approval of this case and returned the case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly. :dance: :dance: :dance:

:dance::dance:Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance::dance:

I'm so happy for you .You deserve the best .You was and still so helpful to all of people in that thread .

It sounds good and i hope that everything will work out good for you .And everything will go smooth at the embassy level and he will get the visa in no time .

Update :

Well i have some news but I'm not sure if its good news or not .

I called the embassy on Thursday April 8,2010 and it was about 30 minutes phone call .The woman there was very nice and friendly to me .I told her everything about my journey .And how hard it is to wait and wait for all that long time ....... That woman knows me so well cause she used to answer my calls .She promised me that she will talk to the CO in charge of my case to tell her about how hard it is for us ...........

Yesterday I sent 2 Emails one to the embassy .And one to the Consul General .

And i told him about everything since i had my interview back in March of 2009 .

I got an Email from the Consul General and i really don't know if i should be excited .I don't know if i have to believe them this time .I mean i have a bad experience with them before '' when they asked me to send in my passport so they can issue me the visa back in Aug of 2009 and sadly they did not and it was a false hope :bonk:'' .

Here is the Email that i got from the Consul General

Dear Mr.xxxxxx

Thank you for your e-mail message.

Please note that the administrative processing on your visa application has now been completed. A consular office is currently reviewing your case for issuance. We anticipate that you will receive your visa shortly via DHL.

Regards,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Cairo

(WS)

Does it sound good ? Should i be excited ?!:blink:

I hope that they are serious this time and they will really send me the visa soon .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

:dance::dance:Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance::dance:

I'm so happy for you .You deserve the best .You was and still so helpful to all of people in that thread .

It sounds good and i hope that everything will work out good for you .And everything will go smooth at the embassy level and he will get the visa in no time .

Update :

I called the embassy on Thursday April 8,2010 and it was about 30 minutes phone call .The woman there was very nice and friendly to me .I told her everything about my journey .And how hard it is to wait and wait for all that long time ....... That woman knows me so well cause she used to answer my calls .She promised me that she will talk to the CO in charge of my case to tell her about how hard it is for us ...........

And i told him about everything since i had my interview back in March of 2009 .

I got an Email from the Consul General and i really don't know if i should be excited .I don't know if i have to believe them this time .I mean i have a bad experience with them before '' when they asked me to send in my passport so they can issue me the visa back in Aug of 2009 and sadly they did not and it was a false hope :bonk:'' .

Dear Mr.xxxxxx

Please note that the administrative processing on your visa application has now been completed. A consular office is currently reviewing your case for issuance. We anticipate that you will receive your visa shortly via DHL.

Regards,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Cairo

(WS)

I hope that they are serious this time and they will really send me the visa soon .

Yah you should be happy that sounds like great news! give them a week and if you get nothing write them back, But im pretty sure you get it in a weeks time CONGRATS!

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Dear Mr.xxxxxx

Regards,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Cairo

(WS)

That is great news! I know what you mean about not wanting to get your hopes up. The same thing happen to us with in 2007. I have an email from the embassy stating that they wanted my husbands passport so they could issue the visa. We sent the passport, they sent it back to us with no visa...then they returned the case to the U.S. So here we are again a few years later. He was interview, was told that he was approved, and we are still waiting....

I truely hope that you get the visa soon. I truely hope that they are shooting you straight this time. I know how hard it is when you want to believe in them, but....you've been burned by them before.

I hope to tell you Congratulations really soon!!!!

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

It really does sound like good news to me.I hope you get it this week.I know you ,as all of us want to be with the one you love.You are in my prayers.Good luck

bridget

It's terrible isn't it! And you don't fit the 'profile' for AP, so it's doubly terrible for you. The embassy tells me that it's in Washington and as soon as Washington responds they'll issue the visa. 'Washington' says it's not with the USCIS or the NVC, but at another agency that doesn't give updates (FBI? CIA?) who knows! Usually we get a few approvals by now - wonder what's happening this month?!

Indeed, it really is all very confusing and demoralising :( Perhaps it's just lost, or sitting somewhere on a desk, or or or...

The very first time I called, when all I knew that my application had been suspended according to the embassy operator, the lady then said that they were waiting for responses from several agencies, and since then I've not had the smallest snippet of information. We want some approvals...come on all you lovely people working on our applications...spring has arrived and summer will be soon upon us, please give us some good news :thumbs:

I know if they have news they will share it but I found late in the afternoon was the time when the nicest ladies were working call then you will get more info

I've not noticed a difference, they're usually all very polite and as helpful as they can be, but the only information I get is that I'm still in AP. A little more detail would be appreciated :( Again, I don't condone fraud, and of course security is a priority, but as it's our personal details, they could tell us a little more?

Hello people- my wife got her visa today. I am happy.It has been a long and funny journey but the community on VJ has been resourceful and equally helpful. thanks all.

Congratulations :dance: :dance:

Happy Days ae here again I got a very unexpected E-mail today and it is Saturday so I sure didn't think I would read this today

Current Status: Notice reaffirming approval mailed to you and case sent to the Department of State.

On April 9, 2010, we mailed a notice to you reaffirming the approval of this case and returned the case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly. :dance::dance::dance:

Oooh that's looks like a step in the right direction!!! I'm not going to happy dance until your husband actually has his visa though :P

They should realize that our lives our on hold. I do think immigration should be reformed more then anything. Why do we have to be away from our loved ones and no one can do anything about it? Immigration based visas should be taken more seriously, and I do believe K-1's should have more priority as well. As a female petitioning for her soon to be husband it would only be normal for her to want the wedding in her home country. Anyways, this is just my two cents I am just fed up with how I am being treated. I have even written a letter to the secretary of Consular Affairs, and not to mention my congresswomen doing an inquiry. Even emailed USCIS and they responded for me to call NVC. But, the bottom line is the consulate is holding on to our case and doing some internal processing. Ok I get that they don't want to email me, but some kind of respond is assuring for us waiting. I do have lots of patience, but now the waiting is becoming more and more excruciating.

It seems like when they tell you you are approved do they still have the opportunity not to issue? I just want to be prepared for everything.

Star

I agree. And I think that until one actually has the visa in hand, being told that one is approved is just another step in the process and not the end of it. Technically POE is the end, but you know what I mean...

Here's hoping that you hear good news very soon :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.