w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Mexican troops mistakenly cross U.S. border, hold US Border Patrol agent for four minutes

66 posts in this topic

I've been along this section of desert both in the US and in Mexico - to the Pinacate Preserve, etc. The land blends and transitions without anyone knowing whether you are in Mexico or the US. This sort of thing happens very easily. If you guys were out there, you'd see how easy it was to cross into the Indian Reservation without even knowing it.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
Im sure they cross over a lot by mistake.

Yeah...about like several million of their illegal alien amigos. ;)

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Very interesting how they catch 1 US agent but conveniently missed the 20,000,000 illegal immigrants who jumped the fence.

:lol::thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So we can paint Mexican soldiers with the same brush as their despised amigos who cross the border illegally?

And speaking of what Ken said, in fact the Tohono O'odham reservation straddles both countries, so in many places, it may not be clear whether you're in the US, Mexico, or reservation land.

Compared to some of the "mistakes" made by American soldiers that have been documented, this one seems fairly innocuous.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

oh oh here comes the daily american bashing :whistle:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

I didn't bash, I alluded. And I won't add anymore.

However, the same could be said for the daily Mexican bashing. But instead of illegal aliens, it's soldiers who screwed up.

Timeline
oh oh here comes the daily american bashing :whistle:

Yup. Seems to be about that time again.

same bunch too.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Always.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Same bunch? Nope, just one so far.

And if you looked at previous replies, it's clear that those getting bashed are Mexican soldiers and the Mexican government. Do you think it that odd that someone married to a Mexican and very familiar with that area of the country would take umbrage to the previous discussion?

I'll amend my previous statement: no country's soldiers are immune to making mistakes, true mistakes or "mistakes."

Timeline
Same bunch? Nope, just one so far.

And if you looked at previous replies, it's clear that those getting bashed are Mexican soldiers and the Mexican government. Do you think it that odd that someone married to a Mexican and very familiar with that area of the country would take umbrage to the previous discussion?

I'll amend my previous statement: no country's soldiers are immune to making mistakes, true mistakes or "mistakes."

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline
And if you looked at previous replies, it's clear that those getting bashed are Mexican soldiers and the Mexican government.
Seeing how the Mexican soldiers are the ones who made the mistake this time, it's not that hard to see why.

When another Abu Ghraib happens, we'll go back to being critical of the US military. Until then, this is what's in the news and it's Mexico's fault.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Timeline
"Unfortunately, this sort of behavior by Mexican military personnel has been going on for years," union Local 2544 of the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) said on its Web page. "They are never held accountable, and the United States government will undoubtedly brush this off as another case of 'Oh well, they didn't know they were in the United States.'

"It is fortunate that this incident didn't end in a very ugly gunfight," said the local's posting.

Since 1996, there have been more than 200 confirmed incursions by the Mexican military into the United States.

The incident occurred in the same area where heavily armed Mexican soldiers riding in a Humvee shot at a Border Patrol agent in 2002. A .50-caliber bullet ripped through the agent's rear window as he sped away.

In November 2007, the Border Patrol chased a dump truck full of marijuana in the same area when it also got stuck in the river while trying to return to Mexico. While agents sought to unload 3 tons of marijuana, the driver - who had fled - returned with a heavily armed group of men wearing Mexican military uniforms and carrying military-style weapons.

The soldiers backed the agents away and bulldozed the truck back into Mexico.

"Nothing was ever done," Local 2544 said.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/aug/0...-guns-to-agent/

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
And if you looked at previous replies, it's clear that those getting bashed are Mexican soldiers and the Mexican government.
Seeing how the Mexican soldiers are the ones who made the mistake this time, it's not that hard to see why.

When another Abu Ghraib happens, we'll go back to being critical of the US military. Until then, this is what's in the news and it's Mexico's fault.

Actually, it's not Mexico's fault. It's the fault of a few fairly clueless Mexican soldiers who for some mystifying or misguided reason ignored the fact that this BP agent (who, I assume, was wearing a uniform) clearly stated who he was in two languages.

And clearly, judging from the next story posted, the BP union is also blaming the US government.

Edited by GabachaYucateca