MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Well one must remember that then HD :D

Im into the forties for the counting down too, 47 till I (for the first ever time) get to be the one waiting at the airport. I think the jet lag will get to Chris though, this will be the furtherest he has ever flown and he is doing it in the most round about way with 2 stopovers/plane changes.

Mailiciant, your right about the, "at least we can be sure we are in the system" and that does make us both feel much better, its one thing to be told, but that futher evidence is defiantely proof we are there. Chris has his interview there on Tuesday fingers are crossed nothing will go wrong to stop him from getting there this time. He is going to check if it offically classes as an RFE, I am semi hopeful it does, that means they have finished the background checks and are actually working on the case. I have also noticed that RFE's seem to come towards the end of the process, and a lot of people have had theirs approved in a matter of days or weeks after the RFE has been recieved at USCIS. Hopefully we might get lucky, lets face it, luck has to kick in for us at some point....

Gumbo992, welcome to the August gossip pages, not only do we not shut up but we tend to talk about everything to keep our thread going.... feel free to join our highly impatient waiting... lol

Mia, good to see your back :D and good to know that you had a wonderful time on his visit.

*Dances* Dani is back! Woot! Don't you go leaving us weeks at time again girl!

I know the Noa dates have gone backways, but Igor's list is slowly creeping forward, so at the very least they aren't un-approving anyone.... (I am trying to set the standard for a better week this week then last lol)

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Well one must remember that then HD :D

Im into the forties for the counting down too, 47 till I (for the first ever time) get to be the one waiting at the airport. I think the jet lag will get to Chris though, this will be the furtherest he has ever flown and he is doing it in the most round about way with 2 stopovers/plane changes.

Mailiciant, your right about the, "at least we can be sure we are in the system" and that does make us both feel much better, its one thing to be told, but that futher evidence is defiantely proof we are there. Chris has his interview there on Tuesday fingers are crossed nothing will go wrong to stop him from getting there this time. He is going to check if it offically classes as an RFE, I am semi hopeful it does, that means they have finished the background checks and are actually working on the case. I have also noticed that RFE's seem to come towards the end of the process, and a lot of people have had theirs approved in a matter of days or weeks after the RFE has been recieved at USCIS. Hopefully we might get lucky, lets face it, luck has to kick in for us at some point....

Gumbo992, welcome to the August gossip pages, not only do we not shut up but we tend to talk about everything to keep our thread going.... feel free to join our highly impatient waiting... lol

Mia, good to see your back :D and good to know that you had a wonderful time on his visit.

*Dances* Dani is back! Woot! Don't you go leaving us weeks at time again girl!

I know the Noa dates have gone backways, but Igor's list is slowly creeping forward, so at the very least they aren't un-approving anyone.... (I am trying to set the standard for a better week this week then last lol)

You are right Mara!! most of the people that have been asked for RFE have a approved their I129F a few weeks after !!! sooo!!!! I wish this happens with your case too!!! good luck!!!:)

Noah & Mia

Our Timeline

01-10-2007 Met online

10-12-2007 Couldn`t stop talking by phone....started falling in love with each other

04-10-2008 Met in person for the first time (unforgetable feeling!!)

06-26-2008 Got engaged (it was a magic day)

08-11-2008 I-129F Sent

08-15-2008 NOA1 recieved

01-30-2009 NOA2 Approval Notice Sent!!!!!!

02-02-2009 Case at NVC

02-09-2009 Case at Caracas US Embassy

03-31-2009 K1 Visa Approved!!!!!!

The universe is listening to us and will grant what we ask of it. You and me. One - by Noah Feb 14th 2008

1. ASK make a command to the universe, let the universe know what you want.

2. BELIEVE believe that is already yours, have unwavering faith.

3. RECEIVE feel the way you will feel ones it arrives, be thankful.

......the universe will arrange it self, to give you what you want....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Hello everyone, just checked the immigration timeline..hopefully it doesn't go backwards anymore..its been fluctuating for the past 2-3 weeks....its getting me antsy :o(

I figured i'd stop by to vent a little bit today...ahhhhhhh....I CAN"T WAIT ANYMOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! ahhhhh...i think i feel a little bit better now...i woke up this morning...and i felt all alone again.....I don't kn ow how long i cld keep this up for...its been more than 2 years...I want to weep weep weep... :crying:

Can't wait till Thanksgiving....once thanksgiving hits...Christmas goes by fast..then New Years...it sorta slows down..then Valentines Day comes...i guess by Valentines day all of us August Filers would know where we are on this VJ stuff....So I can't wait till February.....!!!! I want it to go by sooooooooooooo fast.....then from there maybe slow down a bit... :blush:

So, anyway I hope you all are still hanging in there....I try to read these convo's but..seeing that its 72 pages....its' a bit complicated...i'm trying to get to know everyone i ges..haha...

Anywayz, here goes another day waiting...............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....i ges i'll smile to make the day go by... :yes:

Timeline

July 97 We met for the first time in Sri Lanka

Sept 97 Left Sri Lanka (Kept in touch for 5 yrs via phone and air mail

Aug 05 Met in London for ONE hr during my transfer flight back to United States. (Fiance on student visa-UK)

Sept 06 Went to London for 2 wks (it went soooooo fast :o()

Aug 08, 2008 Sent out I 129 F

Aug 13 I 129F received at Vermont Service Center

Aug 14 NOA1

Aug 19 touched.......waiting for my NOA2...i want to skip the touches :-(

Jan 21 NOA2 as written on notice

Jan 23 NVC received petition

Jan 26 NVC sent out petition to London Consulate

Jan 26 2009 Received NOA2 copy via air mail (letter states approval Jan 21st) YEAAHHH!!!![/color]

Feb 5 2009 letter sent out from UK embassy of US (package 3)

Feb 9 2009 fiance (petitioner) received package 3

Jun 23 2009 sent package 3

Jun 26 2009 embassy received package 3

July 23 2009 fiance received package 4 for interview dated August 7, 2009 @ 8AM

August 7, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!

Nov 4, 2009 POE in New York

As you people can see and I dont wish to jinx anything, just look at the processing times here in Vj between CSC and VSC, I will not mention the obvious but you can see it for yourselves......

Soon we will be in July and we are next in line for NOA2's, it will be a great Christmas present for us if we get them on December! I am looking for ward to it since i will be home in Jan 1, it's a great present for Emilia and Myself and a great present to my friends here too!

We have gone through a lot here, a little more sacrifice and we will all make it!!!!!!!!!!

And in 27 days I will be checking the USCIS site frequently as promised.

YES YOU ALL READ THAT RIGHT, I Mr. FRED - Will be checking USCIS! Can you believe it! i remember like it was just yesterday when i said I wasnt going to until December, and now it's less than a month away!

Keep ya heads up peeps! GODSPEED!

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Mara how you doin with Chris dear? How are things with you?

Fred, lets hope we all will get approved before the holidays, cause then

it will get really slooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww :huh:

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

I hope so too! for methat will be busy time since I will be preparing to leave, leaving on a jet plane that is! woohoo!

We can only hope for the best, think positive and be optimistic!

USEM NBI Requirements:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

yes and we r nearly there woohooooo :dance::dance:

met on 29-5-2005

filed k1 25-07-2008

noa1 11-08-2008

touch 14-08-2008

touch 06-10-2008

touch 07-10-2008

visited 14 times since 2005

first visit august 19th 2005

10146.gif

.png

NOA2 16th DECEMBER!!!!!!!

Hello August filers! I think I'm technically one of you since my NOA2 was in August even though we mailed our packet in July. How is everyone holding up? Staying positive, I hope!

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

Hello August filers! I think I'm technically one of you since my NOA2 was in August even though we mailed our packet in July. How is everyone holding up? Staying positive, I hope!

NOA2? you been approved already? or do you mean NOA1?

USEM NBI Requirements:

NOA2? you been approved already? or do you mean NOA1?

Oops! I guess you can see where my mind is at. I mean NOA1. Looks like it's too late to edit my post...haha.

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey ya Dani,

Chris and I are holding together well, it is a new week so hopefully our luck will be new this week too, Chris has his appointment at USCIS on Tuesday so hoping for some good results this time. He is also going to check if the financial stuff was an RFE so I will have updates for everyone on my wednesday morning :)

We are starting to concerntrate on the fun stuff now too, wedding ring shopping looks like it will be an xmas event whilst he is here, and he is calling around a couple of reception places, I really wish we could do it all together but I will cope with what it is that we have now, and remember that hopefully as of March I will be there to help do the finer things like flowers, invitations and place cards :D

Welcome to our August club Terri and Seb, we are a chatty bunch in here so don't get left behind :)

46 days till Chris, hopefully less till our NOA2, I would love if it some mircle happened that meant Chris could come to Sydney with me for my interview.

But on the positive it is now November 3rd.... we are one day closer guys, hopefully it will only be a few more weeks till we start seeing some action!

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Great news Mara, here's hoping Chris gets some good news this time!!

Welcome to AF Seb/Terri, someone got approved from the end of July yesterday so you could be up very soon!

Looking around these boards really makes me relieved that I filed for the K1 now (even though it's 10 months in advance).. some people have been waiting 6 months+ to get a NOA2, others stuck at the NVC in processing, others having problems with the consulate such as getting their medical done in enough time... so many things can go wrong with this process and it makes me realise we made the right decision with planning and applying with a lot of time... I can safely say that I will be moving to be with my fiance next June or July because by then I'm pretty certain I'll have everything done and have the visa.

I'm off out now to have lunch with my housemates and get on with some writing. :) Happy Monday, guys!

Edited by Gemmie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

And some poor guy has been waiting 3 years and only just recently got an RFE for the IMBRA questions (criminal record/abuse stuff) because his petition is so old it didn't have the IMBRA questions on it... but you can't plan for that kind of problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.