MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HappyDancer: the next step is in a few business days call them up and schedule your appointment. I hope you've gotten your cenomar, and any other documents you need already like birth certificates etc, there is a checklist floating around the forums (it's on the manila us embassy website) that gives you a list of all the documents you need as well as other information about what to do.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

wow! You step away for a couple of days and have to read more pages then "WAR AND PEACE" lol.... for the folks that are still waiting, I pray for you guys everyday, and will continue to do so until ALL of my fellow August filers get their NOA2's. For my friends that got thier approvals CONGRATS!!! now more waiting begins lol. By the way... FOR THE PEOPLE THAT GOT APPROVED...when you guys found out about the approval online, how long was it before you got something in the mail?? I got approved on Monday, and still have not gotten any kind of mail. How long should I wait to contact NVC to ask if they got my case????

NOA1: August 29, 2008

NOA2: January 26, 2009,

NVC RECIEVED: January 28, 2009

NVC SENT: February 3, 2009

INDIAN EMBASSY RECIEVED: February 7, 2009

EMBASSY SENT PACKET 3: February 9, 2009

Been feeling crappy lately.. even though we have the NOA2, our case is in London, and the medical/interview is waiting to be set up, I can't do anything about it yet cause I'm not going anywhere for a while.

I even find coming to VJ difficult nowadays because everyone is so excited for their special day coming along and know that it won't be happening for us anytime soon.. you guys have every right to be happy of course, and I'm happy for you ALL. It's just hard. A few of my friends have just moved into new apartments with their boyfriends and are all bubbly, talking about decorating and having their own time together. I am happy for them, but also envious; when will it be our turn? Someone else I know has been reunited with her American fiance after one month of applying for a visa. We're still kicking ourselves for going the UK-US route, hoping that Bill would have found a job and apartment by now, but no such luck. He's still applying to temp agencies, hoping they can find him *anything* that will be enough. For the first time, I'm questioning whether I want this enough to leave everything behind and move to the US where we have little chance of employment and an apartment.

It looks like I won't be seeing Bill for another 4-5 months too.. it's really putting a strain on our relationship at the moment. I just feel so tired of waiting and hoping, it's been 6 years since we met. So tired.. just feel the passion and hopes of being together are slipping away by the day as I watch everyone else bag the relationship goods. Is it normal to feel empty and no longer have much passion for the chance to be with the other, or is this something serious? I don't know.

Congrats on those that have been approved. Everything will go much faster from here. HD, schedule a medical exam and interview appointment. I called the medical place and they said they were only setting appointments for ASAP (not as far as March/April so I'll call back another time). Maybe yours will be the same, the Phillipines seems to be quite fast there.

Edited by Gemmie

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called the NVC and got our Manila Case Number. Looks like I just need to gather the documents and call the USEM to schedule for interview. The medical is a first-come-first-served basis. The strain is because my daughter has school and I don't want her to keep missing class. Looks like we don't have a choice though. :(

For the first time, I would like to kick my fiance's a$s. He still hasn't filed for the employment letter! Nice! And the bank statements? Not done yet. hmmm... Looks like I could take a 6'2" guy down with a good killer kick!

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

HD my employment verification letter took sometime to get so I really advice to get going on that. Make sure to get extra copies, written on letter head with REAL signatures from hi smanager or HR personel.

- Date hired

- Full time or part time

- Anual Salary

Did I miss anything? hee

And HD, dun forget the CFO seminar after the interview. This is not listed on packet 4 but the Pjhilippine goverment requires it or you will not be able to get passed immigrations in the PI.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Timeline
HD my employment verification letter took sometime to get so I really advice to get going on that. Make sure to get extra copies, written on letter head with REAL signatures from hi smanager or HR personel.

- Date hired

- Full time or part time

- Anual Salary

Did I miss anything? hee

And HD, dun forget the CFO seminar after the interview. This is not listed on packet 4 but the Pjhilippine goverment requires it or you will not be able to get passed immigrations in the PI.

Employment letter depends on the company. I told my HR dept I need one and they gave it to me about 30 minutes later. You could have him even write it, then give it to them for signatures.

Bank Statements are quick too, generally you can get on-line or within about 30 minutes at your local bank office.

So . . . Dont kill him yet. :no:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for all that. Whew... M still contemplating if I will kick him or just smack him now. :)

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Been feeling crappy lately.. even though we have the NOA2, our case is in London, and the medical/interview is waiting to be set up, I can't do anything about it yet cause I'm not going anywhere for a while.

I even find coming to VJ difficult nowadays because everyone is so excited for their special day coming along and know that it won't be happening for us anytime soon.. you guys have every right to be happy of course, and I'm happy for you ALL. It's just hard. A few of my friends have just moved into new apartments with their boyfriends and are all bubbly, talking about decorating and having their own time together. I am happy for them, but also envious; when will it be our turn? Someone else I know has been reunited with her American fiance after one month of applying for a visa. We're still kicking ourselves for going the UK-US route, hoping that Bill would have found a job and apartment by now, but no such luck. He's still applying to temp agencies, hoping they can find him *anything* that will be enough. For the first time, I'm questioning whether I want this enough to leave everything behind and move to the US where we have little chance of employment and an apartment.

It looks like I won't be seeing Bill for another 4-5 months too.. it's really putting a strain on our relationship at the moment. I just feel so tired of waiting and hoping, it's been 6 years since we met. So tired.. just feel the passion and hopes of being together are slipping away by the day as I watch everyone else bag the relationship goods. Is it normal to feel empty and no longer have much passion for the chance to be with the other, or is this something serious? I don't know.

Congrats on those that have been approved. Everything will go much faster from here. HD, schedule a medical exam and interview appointment. I called the medical place and they said they were only setting appointments for ASAP (not as far as March/April so I'll call back another time). Maybe yours will be the same, the Phillipines seems to be quite fast there.

Gemmie, i'm a bit concerned for your words, not feeling the same passion for Bill isnt a good news dear, perhaps you have lost the love somewhere along the waiting?? you should think about it well, sometimes in our lives we pray for certain things to happen, we fight hard for every little piece of happiness, but sometimes it wasnt meant to be, sometimes we are being tested for a reason, perhaps this is not supposed to happen and we should think it all and realize what we passed and think if this is really what we want and WILL want in the future...sometimes relationships starts great, but one day we realize the love is gone, and the passion for one another is very important, i eager everyday to be with Chris and even all this waiting i still love him even more than before... What happened with you? Perhaps it is bcos of all this waiting and the struggles you have you just feel down for sometimes but inside yourself you want to be with Bill more than anything?? Is that so? The obstacles are supposed to test our love, the one who's real remains the one thats not just vanish...i'm sorry for your troubles, i cant wait to be with chris too, having our flat arranged and all these things that couples do, if this is what you want fight for it!!! DONT LET ANYONE MAKE YOU FEEL YOU DONT DESERVE TO BE HAPPY!!!! Maybe i had to send this in private...i hope someone else will give you words of encourgement and some advice. Hugs to you dear, stay strong!!!

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Awww, Gemmie. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so down. I can't speak for everyone here, but me and Sebastian definitely went through a rough patch and considered putting everything on hold at one point. We were fighting incessantly over the silliest things and our relationship felt...robotic?

I have no idea what the underlying causes are for your current unhappiness (except distance, of course!) but maybe it's best that you have a bit longer to wait that way you can really deliberate on your decision to move to the U.S. It's a huge, scary move! And that's normal.

If all that is making you unhappy is the distance and separation, think of ways to spice things up. Me and Sebastian have done a few movie nights where we both hang out and watch something and talk about it afterward. Sounds cheesy, but it's really fun! And we send each other thoughtful little gifts and letters. I was stressed over finals week and he sent me a big thing of bath salts to relax- stuff like that really goes a long way. When I finally went to visit him in December, all of my fears vanished. I realized that so much of the strain we were feeling could easily be washed away with a kiss on the forehead.

If you're upset about other, more internal flaws with your relationship- you at least have time to make your decision carefully. You're still in uni-right? What about getting involved with other organizations? Sometimes distraction is the best medicine.

I hope you feel better!

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Gemmie: My opinion is that this a very difficult and long process. All these hurdles can make it very hard sometimes. From a psychological point of view it is normal that you feel discouraged and depressed. You probably have the feeling that it is never going to end. Of course you are questioning your relationship. When you feel worn out yourself you will also have no strength to have passion for your relationship right now.

Of course it is important to always make sure that this is really what you want. But I think you also have to be aware of your current negative attitude.

I hope that things (job, appartment...) for you will work out at some point and that you can make a decision then. If you end a relationship at a hopeless point of time you will probably feel bad about it once things are better.

At the same time I am aware that you can face difficulties in this visa process that are very hard to surmount.

I wish you and your fiance a lot strength.

Feel hugged from me! I know what this process can do to you!

NOA1 August 22nd

touched after congressman inquriry January 27th

touched again February 27th

NOA2 hardcopy March 7th

Interview April 23rd

Visa in mail April 29th

Flight to US May 14th

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Call now Harsh! they are fast. Look at my timeline, and they did all that before the holidays. Remember to wait to talk to a live person.

Good luck and let us know.

wow! You step away for a couple of days and have to read more pages then "WAR AND PEACE" lol.... for the folks that are still waiting, I pray for you guys everyday, and will continue to do so until ALL of my fellow August filers get their NOA2's. For my friends that got thier approvals CONGRATS!!! now more waiting begins lol. By the way... FOR THE PEOPLE THAT GOT APPROVED...when you guys found out about the approval online, how long was it before you got something in the mail?? I got approved on Monday, and still have not gotten any kind of mail. How long should I wait to contact NVC to ask if they got my case????

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

This process is long, with obstacles, filled with hearache, stress and TEARS! like what Dani said if it's meant to be then it's really meant to be. I never used to be believe in faith and meant to be since my childhood sweetheart and I met again. Before I decided to get into a long distance relationship I thought of it for a month to see if I can go through it again (done it before) but then since the love is still VERY STRONG we dove into it and so here we are.

GEMMIE all I can tel you is this, this process is full of tests, it will test you in the brink of falling and breaking apart. Being strong is very important but hey we can only take so much. I really agree on what Dani wrote.

Hang in there gurl! We are all here for yah!

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Thank you, girls..

Dani, I do want that, I really do.. it wasn't long ago that Bill told me to imagine the day where we're painting a room for a child, getting to plan all of that together, and I was so so excited.. since then though, I've just had all of the energy knocked out of me.

This is meant as no disrespect to you and Chris at all, but we never experienced these feelings within the first couple of years of our relationship, either. We were feeling positive and hopeful and happy.. but we're on our 6th year of knowing each other, our 4th year of having the endless visiting cycle, looking at our 11th goodbye at the airport, and even though the end is now in sight, I feel as though I'm running on empty. Perhaps this is a normal thing to feel when you've been doing it for so long, I have no idea.

We've been fighting for it for so long, just like everyone here, and this is the first time that I've felt so incredibly frustrated to the point where I don't even want to talk about it anymore, I don't even want to discuss what's wrong.. has anyone else experienced that? We've been fighting about the practical things of the move such as him getting the job. We've been waiting TWO YEARS for him to find a job that makes enough so that we can just live together alone and be a normal couple.. now I find that I'm not even listening when he tells me about his job-hunting plans because I have no hope that he'll find anything.

Terri, "robotic" is right on the mark. There are times I'm laughing with my friends, we're having tea together, watching a movie, playing a game.. and then I go home to call Bill, and it feels so robotic. Sometimes we've exhausted all of the conversations we can to make the situation better and the only thing that would work is a big cuddle. Sometimes I want to burst out crying too because I can't have him but feel there's no point, because I can't have a comforting hug. That creates more frustration because I think to how long we have left until we can have it, and see a giant question mark. The same thing happened as you, too; the moment we could be together and cuddle, everything seemed so small and we were able to deal with it.

I don't fear for the internal things of the relationship as such; I know that we love each other. I fear that the external things are tearing away at the energy needed for this journey to be complete until I have nothing left anymore, no desire to carry it on. As it is, I'm going to be reading this to Bill later, as I haven't been able to put into words why I feel so empty about the situation.

Thanks for your words, though.. I hope you girls are hanging in there (especially you Terri, you're so close!) :)

Timeline

Gemmie, I cant remember all the 300+ pages of messages here, so I dont remember exactly why you cant move along more quickly now that you have the NOA2 - schooling? His job situation? Not sure. But I will (reluctantly) say this: Marriage is a big step. A big commitment. And a LOT of work.

With that little (and obvious) being said, you are young still - I am not going to make any lecture and dont really want to hear about that comment from anyone else either (I got married young the 1st time too - lasted 17 years, at least a few of those many days were probably happy). But my point is, I think no matter how old you are, things will change for you as time goes on. That means things that interest you now probably wont in the future. I do believe you can make a good choice and a good life even getting married when your young, but certainly things change faster when you are young. Hopefully you can change together. I would imagine things are changing for you now (like friends getting married, having kids, moving to new locations, etc) as well as changing for him (finished school, looking for a job, new place to live, etc).

I cant really imagine giving up my current life to move to another country. Certainly, I think I would be with the one I loved, but it must be difficult and scary.

Long Distance relationships are tough too, but they wont necessarily get better when your together - especially if you have never lived together. Someone that you love today could be someone you hate living with tomorrow, or they could be the best thing that ever happened to you.

Last, as time goes by and you are apart, you can choose to make it better or let it get worse. Both people play a part in that. Certainly, things are always better for me when I am with Grace, but everytime I have to say goodbye for now, I hate it and our relationship gets worse after about a month or two, but then tends to improve again when we both realize that we want the same things ultimately - it is just the struggle and time apart that we hate.

Whatever happens, all I would suggest is make your decision carefully.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Timeline

HappyDancer: You have to give the embassy a few days to enter the petition into their system, after that you can schedule the appointment, you just have to guess, I think 3 days after they receive it you should be able to schedule it.

Gemmie: If the 1 month process is to go from the US to the UK and employment prospects are better there... what's holding him in america? You are both young enough it seems unlikely either of you would have much really tying you to a location (no kids, no house, just family). Is there some practical reason that you are going to him instead of the other way?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.