MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

I'm feeling so worried today, it's driving me mental, still no mail, still no nothing.

Chris goes in to USCIS again on Wednesday, though it looks like snow there tomorrow.... is that another excuse for them to close up shop on Wednesday? I am so sick of the crappy crappy excuses that USCIS has. The worst bit is Chris is a DC resident, that means no representation, no congressman, no sentor, nobody to get to USCIS about our case :(

Arrrgh!!!!! I just feel like tearing my hair out, good god I hope he has good news on Wednesday, hell some sort of news would be good, Im really at the end of my rope and im not sure how much longer I can hang here for.

<3 to all my August family, thank you for keeping me strong till now, but all these wonderful approvals (yes they are wonderful) are really making it hurt now.

I know exactly how you feel. I am also really depressed lately regarding approvals...CSC is disappointing lately and the worst thing in this entire process is that YOU NEVER KNOW ANYTHING, there is no knowing when and how and what...pple wait so long for NOA2, are so relieved but then get stuck at NVC, and then there are those at that after weeks or even months at NVC again they get stuck in AP after the interview, its like the government's boot camp so that only the toughest of the toughest survive, its a test to see who is worth granting K-1 privileges to.

:( Hope you have a better day tomorrow!

ETA: Queen for the FOURTH TIME in these two weeks...and still NOA2!

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sooooo happy today!!!! I got my visa!!!! :dance:

Thank you to all my friends!!!

Good luck to everyone...God bless...

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!! Well done. Enjoy being together

K1 Visa - 2009

March 7th - POE Newark, NY

March 30th - received SSN

April 25th - Married

April 27th - Changed name on SSN

AOS

May 12th - AOS paperwork sent

Aug 20th - Interview in Philly

Aug 21st - GC production ordered

Aug 24th - Welcome to the USA letter received

Aug 31st - Rec'd son's GC

Sept 2nd - Rec'd my GC ....all set for 2 years now

LIFTING CONDITIONS

June 20th sent I-751 to Vermont

June 25th received at Vermont.

June 27th NOA date

July 2nd Packet returned as section not filled in correctly---how stupid am I?!?!?

July 5th Packet sent back (overnight delivery) to USCIS with form filled in correctly

July 6th Packet received and signed for at Vermont

August 18th Biometrics Appointment in Philly........JULY 27TH EARLY BIOMETRICS DONE

Nearly 1 year later!!!
....received notification for my son to get biometrics done!(May 15th 2012)

May 11th 2012 Son's biometrics done early

June 2012 - Notice of lifting of conditions received

June 12th - texts- GC in production

June 13th - text- GC in post

June 15th - Received GC's!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Yep Mara we stick together :) Think about the time when Chris was there with you or for your future together, sometimes it helps :) we cant affect this morons at uscis and it not worth being stressed bcos of them...

Congratulations for the approvals from me too :)

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
And we're about to break some being-stuck-at-NVC records. About to hit the 7 week mark.

And counting, of course.

What a bunch of idiots! Why would they keep it there?

And likely you've called and received no information...?

For no reason at all. Our background is 100% clear.

We've been calling about once a week. They say nothing. Some mention AP, some talk #######.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
And we're about to break some being-stuck-at-NVC records. About to hit the 7 week mark.

And counting, of course.

We've been calling about once a week. They say nothing. Some mention AP, some talk #######.

I read a little about AP a while back, especially AP at NVC, but I didnt worry about it too much, just hoped for things to go normally - and they did. Then, I got stuck in AP at the embassy - I didnt even know they had AP at the embassy until they cancelled our interview. I have been trying to find out more about Embassy AP, but have not seen anything and have no idea about how long it will take. I know there is no timeframe for NVC AP, but I was wondering if anyone has seen anything on embassy AP and how long it takes - especially Tokyo Embassy.

Sorry, but i was kinda thinking you might be an expert now Badgerella. Thanks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Timeline

To all my August Filer and VJ Family I would like to thank you for your prayer and support, last Feb. 2, 2009 I passed my interview.

God is really good he never left me, even i was so sick that day he gave me strength to finish my interview and passed it.

It is a great experience to me.

To others who didn't get there NOA2yet. i know it is coming soon God is GOOD to everyone just trust on him.

Another journey will come to me again but now i'm not alone....

Thank you again and GOD bless us all.

Just wanted to encourage all those still awaiting NOA2 to hang in there positively believing that NOA2 will come just as sure as love has found you...keep smiling guys!

K1

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bahamas

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-19

Interview Date : 2009-04-23 -PASSED

Visa Received : 2009-04-28

POE: Nassau, Bahamas (Pre-Clearance Facility)/Atlanta, Georgia

US Entry : July 3 2009

Civil Marriage : July 21, 2009

Wedding Ceremony: September 26, 2009

AOS/EAD/AP: I-485/I-765/I-131

Filed: August 11 2009

NOA1: August 24, 2009

Touched: August 26, 2009

Biometrics : September 24, 2009

RFE: September 3 , 2009

Response Sent: September 11, 2009

Case Transferred to CSC : September 15 2009

AP: Approved Spt. 23 2009

Biometrics: Completed

EAD: Approved Sept. 24 2009

EAD: Received Oct. 1 2009

receceived green card: 12/29/2009

6Nqfm4.png

- I 751 -Removing Conditions

Form I-751 Package sent: 10/11/2011

Rec'd NOA1: 10/17/2011

VSC cashed Check: 10/19/2011

Biometrics Appt.: 11/07/2011

rec'd email Notification Approved, Card ordered 07/17/2012..yesssss

GC recid: 07/20/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi everyone, I too am an August filer, stuck in security checks, stepping ever closer to complete breakdown with each passing day!!! I'm so happy for everyone who's got their NOA2s but it's also a kick in the teeth to see peopple who filed after us getting ready for interviews. I feel like I'm just sitting wishing my life away because all I care about is getting this visa and there is no way to plan anything until we get some news but it never comes!!!! My fiance and I are currently looking at booking flights so we can meet up for a week in Mexico, it's so expensive and it means spending the money we'd put aside for the wedding but we're just fighting for our sanity at this point!! :cry::cry::cry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I'm sooooo happy today!!!! I got my visa!!!! :dance:

Thank you to all my friends!!!

Good luck to everyone...God bless...

congrats!!! :dance::dance::dance:

we - March,26 2008

Got engaged - July, 18 2008

Sent application (VT)- August, 22 2008

Package received- August, 25 2008

Check cleared - August, 28 2008

Recieved NOA1 - August, 30 2008

Nov-15 traveled to Pakistan to spend time with Irum

Jan-4 arrived back in USA after spend 7 weeks with Irum.

Jan-25 got approved notice online.

Jan-28 received NOA2 in mail.

Jan-29 NVC received

Jan-29 NVC Sent (wow that was quick)

Feb-04 Letter recieved from NVC.

Feb-05 State department confirmed over the phone that the packet 3 has been posted.

Feb-06 recieved packet 3 by mail today.

Feb-27 Packet 3 sent back to Islamabad embassy.

Mar-9 Recieved the interview date letter.

Mar-30 Interviewed and got the Visa (waiting on the passport)

April-2 Got the physical passport

April-16 Entered USA

Timeline

And counting, of course.

Whats AP?

Our Timeline K1 My Version!!!!

11-22-06 She winks at me!!!!!

2-13-07 Fly to MNL

2-14-07 I get there for Valentines Day cause I am sweet like that!

2-20-07 I fly home....

7-10-07 I fly to Manila again before I go to Iraq

7-11-07 Engaged

7-12-07 We go to Tarlac to meet the family and stay there

7-17-07 I go home....

7-24-07 Go to Iraq

2-24-08 I come back from Iraq safe and sound cause I promised I would!

3-25-08 Fly to Manila AGAIN 3rd time on that flight (But it was a little better on Continetal Airlines to Japan cause there coach class has power ports for laptops.

4-22-08 End of the best month ever....even though I had to shower from a bucket like Iraq and buy her an AC cause I was dying at her house....Had to do the visa extension thing which was easy, I had a very good time for the month I was there and felt so much more comfortable about the future!

K1

8-13-08 Sent 129f fedex.

8-14-08 NOA1

8-19-08 Touched

8-21-08 Received hard copy of NOA1

1-29-09 Touched again

1-29-09 Approval Notice Sent PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME

2-02-09 NVC gets stuff MNL2009######

2-05-09 Received hard copy of NOA2

3-24-09 NVC is finally done with whatever adminstrative processing they had to do.

Timeline
Hi everyone, I too am an August filer, stuck in security checks, stepping ever closer to complete breakdown with each passing day!!! I'm so happy for everyone who's got their NOA2s but it's also a kick in the teeth to see peopple who filed after us getting ready for interviews. I feel like I'm just sitting wishing my life away because all I care about is getting this visa and there is no way to plan anything until we get some news but it never comes!!!! My fiance and I are currently looking at booking flights so we can meet up for a week in Mexico, it's so expensive and it means spending the money we'd put aside for the wedding but we're just fighting for our sanity at this point!! :cry::cry::cry:

I never quite get what security checks they could be doing that would delay everything so much....Before you met your fiancee where you IRA or something?

Our Timeline K1 My Version!!!!

11-22-06 She winks at me!!!!!

2-13-07 Fly to MNL

2-14-07 I get there for Valentines Day cause I am sweet like that!

2-20-07 I fly home....

7-10-07 I fly to Manila again before I go to Iraq

7-11-07 Engaged

7-12-07 We go to Tarlac to meet the family and stay there

7-17-07 I go home....

7-24-07 Go to Iraq

2-24-08 I come back from Iraq safe and sound cause I promised I would!

3-25-08 Fly to Manila AGAIN 3rd time on that flight (But it was a little better on Continetal Airlines to Japan cause there coach class has power ports for laptops.

4-22-08 End of the best month ever....even though I had to shower from a bucket like Iraq and buy her an AC cause I was dying at her house....Had to do the visa extension thing which was easy, I had a very good time for the month I was there and felt so much more comfortable about the future!

K1

8-13-08 Sent 129f fedex.

8-14-08 NOA1

8-19-08 Touched

8-21-08 Received hard copy of NOA1

1-29-09 Touched again

1-29-09 Approval Notice Sent PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME

2-02-09 NVC gets stuff MNL2009######

2-05-09 Received hard copy of NOA2

3-24-09 NVC is finally done with whatever adminstrative processing they had to do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
To all my August Filer and VJ Family I would like to thank you for your prayer and support, last Feb. 2, 2009 I passed my interview.

awsome@!!! Congrats!!!

we - March,26 2008

Got engaged - July, 18 2008

Sent application (VT)- August, 22 2008

Package received- August, 25 2008

Check cleared - August, 28 2008

Recieved NOA1 - August, 30 2008

Nov-15 traveled to Pakistan to spend time with Irum

Jan-4 arrived back in USA after spend 7 weeks with Irum.

Jan-25 got approved notice online.

Jan-28 received NOA2 in mail.

Jan-29 NVC received

Jan-29 NVC Sent (wow that was quick)

Feb-04 Letter recieved from NVC.

Feb-05 State department confirmed over the phone that the packet 3 has been posted.

Feb-06 recieved packet 3 by mail today.

Feb-27 Packet 3 sent back to Islamabad embassy.

Mar-9 Recieved the interview date letter.

Mar-30 Interviewed and got the Visa (waiting on the passport)

April-2 Got the physical passport

April-16 Entered USA

Congrats to those have have recieved their NOA2 or their visa.

Mara, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be stuck knowing NOTHING about your case. The only comfort I guess you can get is that you know you're definitely not lost in there, you are being processed or at least waiting to. Furthermore, Chris being a DC resident should (in my view) make it easier for him to get in contact with his congressman or get an answer from USCIS! I really don't know why it is that US citizens feel they have so many rights when all of this red tape is plastering every god-damn thing. I honestly think the UK citizen has more rights. Yes in comparison to other countries they have more rights, but again, in comparison to others, waiting months or years to bring loved ones over is ridiculous.

Caroline, I really hope you hear something soon. I know what you mean, when we started out, we said we would save money for the future but I can't go another 4-5 months without seeing him so we're looking at flights too.. sometimes it's better to grab some short-term happiness, have some time when you're not feeling so hopeless and empty.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

And counting, of course.

I read a little about AP a while back, especially AP at NVC, but I didnt worry about it too much, just hoped for things to go normally - and they did. Then, I got stuck in AP at the embassy - I didnt even know they had AP at the embassy until they cancelled our interview. I have been trying to find out more about Embassy AP, but have not seen anything and have no idea about how long it will take. I know there is no timeframe for NVC AP, but I was wondering if anyone has seen anything on embassy AP and how long it takes - especially Tokyo Embassy.

Sorry, but i was kinda thinking you might be an expert now Badgerella. Thanks.

Unfortunely, I don't know that much about any AP procedures at all and that is mostly because - nobody seems to know. So far, I've gathered that you can end up in AP at any stage of the process - USCIS, NVC or USEM, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were possible even somewhere in between, somehow. What I know, hopefully for sure (from reading posts here and asking one of the NVC agents), your papers can't expire as long as they're in their hands (again, any of the three - USCIS, NVC and USEM) - if things get stuck, all the dates get automatically extended.

Apparently, the only thing one can do is to sit and wait. What makes me worried the most, even though there are people who have gotten their visas recently after a long period of AP-ing at the NVC stage, is that our visa will be denied for some reason. I can't think of any reasons why it would be so, but after all the waiting, I am starting to feel paranoid and any and all scenarios where the US government pins something on us at random comes into play.

Try to look around the NVC/Embassy forums, and the like, for more information about delays and various processing. I have to admit I knew nothing about NVC AP, as well as the special NVC forum on this website before our case got there as well.

It seems many people who filed in July/August 2008 keep getting stuck at various stages of the process and that those aditional security checks or whatever they are take longer than they ever did.

ssgtam08 - AP is administrative processing that can, apparently, happen at any stage of a visa process. Nobody knows for sure what is being done there, or why. Timefrime is also unknown. What we do know, though, is that it doesn't feel good when you're in it.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.