• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game :D

Congrats Terri!

Bed time for me :)

Oh my god, that was intense! Thanks!

Best of luck, SoInLove16. I'm sure it will all go smoothly.

Gemmie, if you're ever in the area and would like a tour of Pennsylvania, look me up :)

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Im glad you survived your cleaning, though im telling you know your setting an unreal expectation of how clean you are in the RW for the arrival of your Fiance. Your dooming yourself my friend :P

Nah, she's seen my place, and it won't take her long to pick up on the things I'm lazy about (plus I'm keeping my computer desk in a standard state of dissarray!). My place is not usually very messy, I'm the only one here, it's not like I have a pile of kids running around making messes or anything... but on the other hand I get lazy about cleaning the place on a regular basis... so it was overdue in some regards (particularly the tub... though shampooing the carpets was a monster long job, and it made a visible difference, it wasn't too horrific to begin with). Besides, I'll have a wife, aren't wives supposed to be good at cleaning and cooking and stuff like that?

Speaking of, I hope you're all looking forward to the American-ness that is the superbowl tomorrow. As a Pittsburgh girl, I'm pretty stoked. , but we have to keep ourselves busy somehow, right?

Just going to spoiler tag the next section since I talk about the game... on the off chance some hard core fan tivo/dvr ed the game and hasn't watched it...

I wasn't that interested in the super bowl... but I ended up watching it anyway.... I was kind of pulling for arizona after steelers pretty much walked right over them on that first play (I didn't really have a reason to cheer either on but arizona definitely became an underdog immediately in the game). But I really started wanting them to win near the end where that unnecessary roughness call on the 4th down landed the steelers in their endzone, the player who got that foul (which was extremely blatant) is hopefully looking for a new job next year... he came incredibly close to losing what was looking like finished game... it would have been hilarious if that particular foul cost the steelers the game, it was a shame it didn't.

I secretly suspect fred is only going to take a hiatus from the forums because he knows I'll be in the phils and not posting as much (if at all), I really don't blame you guys if you all take a vacation while I'm gone, but you should tough it out, even though I won't be here, something cool might happen. I've got just one last day of work... and then some serious packing and it's flight time... I kind of wonder how well I'll sleep tonight, I'm pretty excited about the trip now... Next time I post here... I'll have 24 hours or less to go before getting on a plane (sadly the plane ride itself is 25 hours so I'll still be about 2 days away from the long awaited hug... but if things continue on smoothly like they should... I'll have company on my return flight!)

Timeline

Oh yeah, anyone know for certain what the 72 linear inch rule on luggage is? I know I can take two bags... but do I get 72 linear inches per bag, or 72 total to split between them? A sing 72 inch bag is pretty massive... and the idea of taking 2 seems like a HUGE amount of cargo... but if it's only 72 total... that seems small... I'll probably have to call NWA to be certain of the rules... the website is not 100% clear to me and I've seen people post that the weight limitation is the combined weight of both bags together so I'm worried about the dimension limitations.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

God please let tomorrow be the day. :innocent:

2005- Introduced thru relatives

2006-2008- Talked on the phone and emails

2008 June 1- Went to Tashkent to meet her. Stayed in Tashkent from June 1 to July 27 2008.

2008 June 12- Engaged at the most beautiful park in Tashkent

2008 August 15 - Received NOA1 from Vermont Center

2008 August 16 - Went back to Tashkent to stay with my fiancee. I stayed with her from August 18th to November 23. The best 4 months of my life.

2008 November -25 Came back to States. I miss my sweetheart.

2009 February 4- Touched

2009 Februrary 5- NOA2 HORAAAAYYyy Thank you GOD

2009 February 12- NVC received NOA2 from VCS

2009 Ferruary 13- NVC sent the package to U.S. Embassy in Tashkent

2009 March 3- She received her Packet 3////// Her interview is on April 2

2009 March 4- I received visa to Tashkent

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
To all my awesome VJ friends:

I will be off the forum for a while BUT will still be checking now and then. Like Maliciant (Who will be visiting his love and preparing for his final steps of this process) I too will be preparing. My case is a bit more complicated than most K1 fiancee cases which is why I have an attorney. I have all my papers and packets ready now and preparing myself for this short yet stressful step and obstacle.

Everyone who already have their NOA2's, goodluck on the next step!

Everyone who are still waiting, GODSPEED to you all! be strong, our NOA2 is on the way!

Wish me luck and good success for the next step.........

Godspeed everyone and take care..........

Fredy, we wish you good luck with this process and i hope soon you'll be reunited with your loving and sweet family :) Take care buddy :)

Maliciant have a safe trip too and hopefully everything will be alright :)

Edited by Dani^Chris Perry
as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

HW you're leaving us too in a few days...wish you safe flight too and good luck in everything, keep us updated for your news :)

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
HW you're leaving us too in a few days...wish you safe flight too and good luck in everything, keep us updated for your news :)

Thanks Dani! :thumbs: Tomorrow is the start of a new week, i wish you much luck and you'll be hearing something soon!!! :dance:

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

What the he$l?.

Who did this to me?.

Yeah I'm so ignorant that I can't even sign in to VJ. :whistle: and I am so greedy that I am selling dr3g$s in the streets to make quick cash!.

I am not going to fix this so you all can see what somebody with a lot of time in his hands is doing. Dude make love not war!

Has any of you my fellow VJers experienced the same problem?

Edited by Cuchita

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Timeline
Oh yeah, anyone know for certain what the 72 linear inch rule on luggage is? I know I can take two bags... but do I get 72 linear inches per bag, or 72 total to split between them? A sing 72 inch bag is pretty massive... and the idea of taking 2 seems like a HUGE amount of cargo... but if it's only 72 total... that seems small... I'll probably have to call NWA to be certain of the rules... the website is not 100% clear to me and I've seen people post that the weight limitation is the combined weight of both bags together so I'm worried about the dimension limitations.

Baggage is measured by adding length, width and height to determine the total number of linear inches/centimeters. Limit is 62 Inches on Northwest. anyway, the size is per bag, but add all 3 dimensions. Total number of bags is different. normally 2 checked and 1 carry on + your purse (or computer bag).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just remember Maliciant- 50lb limit is for combined luggage.

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good Day to everyone, it'sthe beginning of a new week, hopefully a lot of us will get the good news about getting the NOA2....... please keep us inform and keep updating your timeline...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

LUISH

Timeline
What the he$l?.

Who did this to me?.

Yeah I'm so ignorant that I can't even sign in to VJ. :whistle: and I am so greedy that I am selling dr3g$s in the streets to make quick cash!.

I am not going to fix this so you all can see what somebody with a lot of time in his hands is doing. Dude make love not war!

Has any of you my fellow VJers experienced the same problem?

Cuchita: You are using banners from a third party site, which has a rule that you can only use one banner per sig, you are obviously breaking that rule because you have 3! You can probably just delete your current sig, setup new counters again but this time use three different sites to get countdowns from.

Yeah, this place is going to empty out it looks like... all I can say is USCIS had best have given all the august filers their NOA2's by the time I get back... or else... I'll do pretty much nothing... cause well, I'll have my woman to pay attention to and you will being gettin ignored haha.

I don't know why my own counter is showing the times it does, I think I must have set it to my arrival time instead of departure time... but either way, 23 hours to take off, and 48 to landing... I'm so excited, and I just can't fight it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it...

I looked at the nwa site and it seems pretty clear about the 62 linear inches being per bag, as well as the 50 lbs weight limit, I know I saw that before... either way I don't think I'll be pushing the weight limit at all.

Edited by maliciant

Timeline

Its funny that this board has gone from What the heck is taking VSC so long to What size luggage is allowed! I remember the last time I was flying out from Manila and the girl infront of me had like 8 or 9 bags and didnt realize there was going to be a excess bag fee....(she obviously was not a vj member)..Another thing I noticed....It is COLD here not the 10 degrees celsius (50 degrees Faren) filipinas call cold.....I mean when you fly into Detroit it could be 10 degrees (F) !!! -12 ©....So try not to wear a skirt!

Our Timeline K1 My Version!!!!

11-22-06 She winks at me!!!!!

2-13-07 Fly to MNL

2-14-07 I get there for Valentines Day cause I am sweet like that!

2-20-07 I fly home....

7-10-07 I fly to Manila again before I go to Iraq

7-11-07 Engaged

7-12-07 We go to Tarlac to meet the family and stay there

7-17-07 I go home....

7-24-07 Go to Iraq

2-24-08 I come back from Iraq safe and sound cause I promised I would!

3-25-08 Fly to Manila AGAIN 3rd time on that flight (But it was a little better on Continetal Airlines to Japan cause there coach class has power ports for laptops.

4-22-08 End of the best month ever....even though I had to shower from a bucket like Iraq and buy her an AC cause I was dying at her house....Had to do the visa extension thing which was easy, I had a very good time for the month I was there and felt so much more comfortable about the future!

K1

8-13-08 Sent 129f fedex.

8-14-08 NOA1

8-19-08 Touched

8-21-08 Received hard copy of NOA1

1-29-09 Touched again

1-29-09 Approval Notice Sent PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME

2-02-09 NVC gets stuff MNL2009######

2-05-09 Received hard copy of NOA2

3-24-09 NVC is finally done with whatever adminstrative processing they had to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.