ginger1981

Chicago Area VJ Meet-Up

62 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I can certainly suggest places without commiting myself due to scheduling at work/family... the downtown area may not be the best for gatherings... but they are definitely available.

The Nov 7-8-9 weekend doesn't look too bad.

Goose Island on Clybourn is ~3 blocks from the North/Clybourn Red Line stop

the one on Clark (and all the other pubs) are about 2 blocks from the Addison/Wrigley Field Red Line stop.

Cubby Bear in Wrigleyville is right across the street from Wrigley field.

Plenty of pizza joints in the River North/close to downtown area... Gino's East, Giordanos... etc. Thread OP should open up a poll and ask us our preferences.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sorry I lost track of this! It seems interest has picked up...

Ok, so how does November 8 sound?

I'll set up a poll...it looks like we had several places to pick from.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I can certainly suggest places without commiting myself due to scheduling at work/family... the downtown area may not be the best for gatherings... but they are definitely available.

The Nov 7-8-9 weekend doesn't look too bad.

Goose Island on Clybourn is ~3 blocks from the North/Clybourn Red Line stop

the one on Clark (and all the other pubs) are about 2 blocks from the Addison/Wrigley Field Red Line stop.

Cubby Bear in Wrigleyville is right across the street from Wrigley field.

Plenty of pizza joints in the River North/close to downtown area... Gino's East, Giordanos... etc. Thread OP should open up a poll and ask us our preferences.

I know exactly where the Wrigleyville area is. We ate at some Chinese Restaurant in that area at our meet-up two years ago. I think we could find Goose Island as well.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I can't wait!!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey beveryone! Medo and I are only 2 hours away from Chicago and that would be worth closeing the shop and making a day with the VJ's . I will keep watching for the times and place, count us in. Cant wait

Untitled.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Only three hours away. I'll drive up for the Chicago meeting. I am single again... so invite your single, available, marriage minded girlfriends! :innocent:

This made me smile.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
Only three hours away. I'll drive up for the Chicago meeting. I am single again... so invite your single, available, marriage minded girlfriends! :innocent:

This made me smile.

Good. I was concerned that my post (that made you smile) may be inappropriate for VJ. After all, VJ says that its "goal is to educate and provide general information regarding family and marriage based immigration (K1, K3, DCF, etc) for a spouse, fiance, parent(s) or other close relatives to reunite and bring together families.

I had my marriage already, but it ended (view my posts if you need to know the details). VJ has provided me with support in many ways. I have found good people here who have provided information and support. Everyone has been willing to help. So, I thought I'd make that request... just in case. I am not ready to jump into anything at the moment, so I am going to make the best of this short life on earth just to network a little. It may lead to a successful marriage in my future. :dance:

Thanks, Jomo's Girl, for your support.