bubina

newbie presenting myself

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hello all

I have been lurking for a few months and i find this forum a real goldmine. I decide now to become active in here and present myself.

My name is Patrizia, I am an italian citizen but i have been living in Denmark for the past 15 years and i am a permanent resident there. I have been dating a wonderful american guy for 1 1/2 years now, with all the up and downs that come with it, including being denied a B2 visa (but getting it later).

I have been married before (14 years with a Dane) but know i have found the real thing!

Now we are patiently waiting for his divorce to be final so we can file the K1, the package is already assembled but we need his divorce decree.

Now all this wait is killing me, especially knowing that once we file, there will be more wait to come.

My case will be processed at Copenhagen Embassy, so I d like to get in touch with danes that went through a K1. I really need some comforting words about the time frame. Also I would like to know the general attitude towards foreign residents in Denmark or other Scandinavian countries going through the Visa processing.

And one more question: my boyfriend has been adopted. Is there anything special about getting a birth certificate when you have been adopted? I ask because the b. certificate he showed me didnt mention anything about adoption and it made me wonder.

Well, anyways. Here I am .I cant wait to start my timeline too!

Thank you all for the good work in this forum. I hope to get to know many people here.

Patrizia

Hello all

I have been lurking for a few months and i find this forum a real goldmine. I decide now to become active in here and present myself.

My name is Patrizia, I am an italian citizen but i have been living in Denmark for the past 15 years and i am a permanent resident there. I have been dating a wonderful american guy for 1 1/2 years now, with all the up and downs that come with it, including being denied a B2 visa (but getting it later).

I have been married before (14 years with a Dane) but know i have found the real thing!

Now we are patiently waiting for his divorce to be final so we can file the K1, the package is already assembled but we need his divorce decree.

Now all this wait is killing me, especially knowing that once we file, there will be more wait to come.

My case will be processed at Copenhagen Embassy, so I d like to get in touch with danes that went through a K1. I really need some comforting words about the time frame. Also I would like to know the general attitude towards foreign residents in Denmark or other Scandinavian countries going through the Visa processing.

And one more question: my boyfriend has been adopted. Is there anything special about getting a birth certificate when you have been adopted? I ask because the b. certificate he showed me didnt mention anything about adoption and it made me wonder.

Thank you all for the good work in this forum. I hope to get to know many people here.

Patrizia

WELCOME TO VJ :dance: :dance: :dance:

Enjoy your stay!

01/22/08 hired an immigration lawyer

02/28/08 I 129F sent it to the lawyer

03/03/08 I-129F Received at CSC

03/04/08 NOA1

03/05/08 Touched

07/14/08 NOA2

07/24/08 Called NVC and got our MNL case number

07/25/08 NOA2 Hard copy received

07/29/08 USEM Rcvd hard file

07/30/08 Paid document verification

08/01/08 Called USEM for interview appointment! (Thank you lord)

08/19/08 Medical Examination

08/20/08 Medical Examination (PASSED)

08/26/08 Interview (PINK Slip only)

10/08/08 Visa Printing! Yehheeyy! (after 48years of waiting)

10/09/08 Visa Printing Done and is ready for release

10/10/08 Visa delivered yippeee!

10/31/08 FLY DAY!!!! POE LAS, NV[/color] PLS BLESS OUR TRIP OH LORD!

11/03/08 Got married in Las Vegas

11/15/08 filed SSN

11/29/08 SSN Card Rcvd

AOS JOURNEY

12/10/08 send AOS & EAD Packet to Chicago Lockbox

12/18/08 Cashed check

12/26/08 Rcvd NOA

01/07/09 Biometrics Appointment/Done

01/12/09 Rcvd mail TRANSFER NOTICE TO CSC (AOS)

03/10/2009 Rcvd EAD

04/20/2009 GREEN CARD RCVD!!! No interview at all!

04/21/2009 Got Driver Learners Permit

The Will of God never takes you to

where the Grace of God will not protect you.

v1g6b64wviy.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Welcome Patrizia,

I can't offer any answers to yur questions about adoption but I wish you and your boyfriend/fiance the very best. Enjoy the ride!

Bill

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Hello all

Patrizia

Welcome to VJ Patrizia and best of luck on your journey!

If your fiance is the US citizen, he doesn't need a birth certificate...although I'm surprised he doesn't have one. Including a copy of his passport pages such suffice. Being adopted has no effect on his birth certificate. The original "birth" certificate before he was adopted was changed after he was adopted to his name now. No problems there.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Country: Denmark
Timeline

If your fiance is the US citizen, he doesn't need a birth certificate...although I'm surprised he doesn't have one. Including a copy of his passport pages such suffice. Being adopted has no effect on his birth certificate. The original "birth" certificate before he was adopted was changed after he was adopted to his name now. No problems there.

Hi thank you for the warm welcome. He has a birth certificate , but what made me wonder is that there is no parents names on it , only the record of birth in the hospital , date and place. It just made me wonder because on my italian b.c. I also have the name of my parents...I thought it was because the records have been amended due to the adoption.

Well thank you !

Hi thank you for the warm welcome. He has a birth certificate , but what made me wonder is that there is no parents names on it , only the record of birth in the hospital , date and place. It just made me wonder because on my italian b.c. I also have the name of my parents...I thought it was because the records have been amended due to the adoption.

Well thank you !

We're able to obtain wallet sized BC's and framed certificates. The "long" one...the one you have, we can get as well. Good that you have it, because that's what required for your application!

carlahmsb4.gif

I am adopted and I submitted a copy of my adoption certificate, it is a legal document, it was sufficient to obtain a passport and I am sure that it will be recognised by the USCIS, I am not overly concerned about it. I did actually go through the process of obtaining my actual birth certificate some years ago and my name is different on that, so that would have only caused problems due to a different name on it, and I feel that as I never have or never will use it that I will just forget about it and use my adoption certificate.

I have done some reading up on this and it does say to submit either a birth or adoption certificate, this is all the information that I have if I do get an RFE I will let you know but I doubt it.

Good Luck

Shaz

Welcome to the best source of information for immigrants!!!! Edited by Yiyi and Chris

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Nicaragua

Marriage : 2008-02-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-10

NVC Received : 2008-07-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-21

Pay I-864 Bill AND Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-22

IV Payment Online: 2008-07-30

Sent Completed I-864 and DS230: 2008-08-01

DS230 and I864 entered to the system:2008-08-06

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-14 //// 35 days! /// Not bad!

Medical Exam: 2008-09-18

Interview Date : 2008-10-08

Visa Received : 2008-10-16

US Entry : 2008-10-18 POE: Houston

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-07-16

NOA Date : 2010-07-20

Biometrics Taken: 2010-07-29

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Aproverd: 2010/11/23

Card Received: 2010/11/27

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.