~Jackie~

MENA CR1/K3/K1 filers

3,107 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
11:59 tonight. :dancing: Im not at all excited :P

You are too funny...I bet you are about to explode...I am feeling excited and it's not even my husband coming so I can't imagine how it will feel when it is actually my turn! Are you working today? I probably won't be able to work the day he arrives! I'm so happy for you Lisa...I pray all his flights go smoothly!

hee thanks Amanda. I am working 'till 3 today. although I dont know why, Im so distracted. lol

Of course my phone wont stop ringing and its one fire after another this morning. Its probably better that way so my mind stays occupied :)

I will be a complete and utter nervous ,excited zoo by tonight!

Thanks for always being a doll Amanda :wub: I cant wait to hear your news next month!

Uh oh,.... i feel an emo moment coming on with my mena ladies and gent..... teehee

You guys are all so very special and have no idea how much comfort you offer those who are "on the couch" :luv:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

MOH (nasir) That is great news!!!!!!!!!!! GOD IS GREAT!!! See how things happen that way :thumbs:

Olivia....I didnt know you were getting married over in Egypt...wow...so many exciting things happening to you.

Good luck with all your plans...can you tell me, when is the wedding? the date and details??

I am excited....

LISA TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's the plan ???? HOW DO YOU FEEL!!!!!!?????????????

Timeline

Thanks Jackie :)

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Olivia....I didnt know you were getting married over in Egypt...wow...so many exciting things happening to you.

Good luck with all your plans...can you tell me, when is the wedding? the date and details??

I am excited....

Well it's more like a wedding celebration because we got married in Cairo 2.5 years ago but we never had the wedding. His Mom and his Sister are planning it all and his Dad is paying for it all. Waleed got a gray suit made for it and will wear a white shirt under it and maybe a tie though he told me he likes it with out a tie. They are sending me to get my hair and makeup done and renting a white wedding dress. That's the way they do it over there. It's going to be in a hall at a big Mosque. Waleed tells me it will be small but I don't know what his definition of small is. I asked him and he didn't say how many people are coming. There will be cake on plates as that is how they do it there he says and there will be food just for us. He says he doesn't know much details because his Mom and Sister are taking care of it all so all I'm telling you is all he knows to tell me. We are having it between May 21- May 28. I asked for May 28 because technically that's an anniversary for us we got married on Dec. 28, my birthday is a 28, and it gives me a week to adjust there so I'm not overwhelemed and crying on the floor when I get there. I expect a rush of emotions after being apart so long and some culture shock again because I did get that the first time but mostly because this time it's more real than ever they are putting me in the white dress and we are going to live in our own apartment together and I have to do that wife role that I've never got to do much in person before. :unsure: Parts of me are freaking out and parts of me are excited.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
MOH (nasir) That is great news!!!!!!!!!!! GOD IS GREAT!!! See how things happen that way :thumbs:

I am excited....

LISA TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's the plan ???? HOW DO YOU FEEL!!!!!!?????????????

heee

Well, I feel like my stomach is eating itself lol

He gets in so late, there are no plans for tonight 'cept coming right home. ;) Im taking tomorrow and next week off and my dad has graciously offered to take my 5 yo for the whole weekend :D:dance::devil:

I am excited....

Well it's more like a wedding celebration because we got married in Cairo 2.5 years ago but we never had the wedding. His Mom and his Sister are planning it all and his Dad is paying for it all. Waleed got a gray suit made for it and will wear a white shirt under it and maybe a tie though he told me he likes it with out a tie. They are sending me to get my hair and makeup done and renting a white wedding dress. That's the way they do it over there. It's going to be in a hall at a big Mosque. Waleed tells me it will be small but I don't know what his definition of small is. I asked him and he didn't say how many people are coming. There will be cake on plates as that is how they do it there he says and there will be food just for us. He says he doesn't know much details because his Mom and Sister are taking care of it all so all I'm telling you is all he knows to tell me. We are having it between May 21- May 28. I asked for May 28 because technically that's an anniversary for us we got married on Dec. 28, my birthday is a 28, and it gives me a week to adjust there so I'm not overwhelemed and crying on the floor when I get there. I expect a rush of emotions after being apart so long and some culture shock again because I did get that the first time but mostly because this time it's more real than ever they are putting me in the white dress and we are going to live in our own apartment together and I have to do that wife role that I've never got to do much in person before. :unsure: Parts of me are freaking out and parts of me are excited.

That is so exciting Olivia!!

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Wow a lot of exciting things going on here lately!!! Congrats to all of you with exciting news. :dance:

Jackie, those snacks look so goooood.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

11:59 tonight. :dancing: Im not at all excited :P

You are too funny...I bet you are about to explode...I am feeling excited and it's not even my husband coming so I can't imagine how it will feel when it is actually my turn! Are you working today? I probably won't be able to work the day he arrives! I'm so happy for you Lisa...I pray all his flights go smoothly!

hee thanks Amanda. I am working 'till 3 today. although I dont know why, Im so distracted. lol

Of course my phone wont stop ringing and its one fire after another this morning. Its probably better that way so my mind stays occupied :)

I will be a complete and utter nervous ,excited zoo by tonight!

Thanks for always being a doll Amanda :wub: I cant wait to hear your news next month!

Uh oh,.... i feel an emo moment coming on with my mena ladies and gent..... teehee

You guys are all so very special and have no idea how much comfort you offer those who are "on the couch" :luv:

:crying: Awww you are so sweet Lisa!!! We definitely have to stick together! Tell Yazied hello for us, the ladies & gent still on the couch! Mabrook ya habibti!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks Jackie :)

:thumbs::thumbs: CONGRADULATIONS :thumbs::thumbs:

im SOOOOOO happy for you lisa? What are you doing right now??????? How was work?? DOes every person in work know he is coming? What did they say? What will you do on your vacation from work? ( ahh nevermind...i dont want to know :wacko: )

Well congradulations and i will keep the rest of the ladies on the couch company for a very very very short time ( hint hint).

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!!!!!

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

Comments : My application was touched atleast 12 times before getting to NVC

01/04/09: Went to senators office to speak to them about an inquiry into my case.

01/06.09: Senators office send letter of inquiry to UNCIS CSC.

02/18/09: Called USCIS asked for service request

02/21/09: Recieved letter from USCIS that im in security checks :( and to call beck in 6 nonths..... WOW

02/25/09: APPPRROOVVVVAAALLLL NOA2 Alhumduallah

03/05/09: NVC receives papers

03/06/09: NVC send papers to counsulate

03/12/09: Counsulate have papers

03/27/09: Packet 3

04/02/09: Doctors (everything is a-okay0

04/28/09: Interview

04/28/09: AP ( need nothing further will call when able to proceed

05/04/09: Counsulate call and tell her to come 05/06/09 to counsulate for appointment? Told to bring passport......Is this the day???

05/06/09: Second interview (everything went well) Counsulate keep passport

05/07/09: Call from counsulate to pick up visa tomorrow

05/08/09: VIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAA IN HAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

ALLLLLLLLHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUAAALLLAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

05/19/09: Inshallah my hobi will be in my arms!

age.png

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

LISA-----

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you, and I know you must feel so nervous. I know I will be when it's my turn. I was a little thinner the last time my husband saw me..... :unsure:

OK guys....I have some news.

This morning when I was at work, the CO that interviewed my husband called me. She's American, sounds about my age, and was soooooo kind. She laughed and joked with me, and she said that she likes to talk to both people, the petitioner and the beneficiary, to feel confident about the visa. I just told her our story, and she was agreeing with me as I talked, and she asked me a few questions, and it was interesting, because the tone of her questions was like.....making sure that I feel sure about our relationship. She asked me if I have any concerns about our age difference. (I am 32 and my husband is almost 26, but if you look at our pics you would never know I'm older). I told her no, that it's never even been a topic of discussion, and that we love one another for reasons that have nothing to do with age. She asked me if I have any concerns about religious differences. I told her no, that I was initially drawn to my husband BECAUSE of his moral character and kind heart, and that qualities like that are impossible to find here. She laughed and said she understands. She asked me if I had any concerns that my husband was just marrying me for a green card. I laughed, and told her no, and I said "you don't know my husband very well". I proceeded to tell her that he has to come here because it would be impossible for me to move there, due to language barriers, economy, and that it would be hard for me to work there. She agreed, and told me that she studied Arabic for a year and a half, and that she still can't speak it. She told me that she did not mean any offense by her questions, and nothing personal towards my husband, just these are questions that she feels she needs to ask the American citizen. I told her it's fine and I do not take any offense at all. We talked about my family, and his family, and my daughter, and I told her that he and I have code words and phrases that we use with one another that no one else would understand, just normal things between couples. She laughed. She told me that he was very well prepared for his interview, and that she was looking at our pics, and that we have really nice pictures. We talked for 21 minutes, very pleasant conversation, and at the end, she told me that everything is fine, and that it sounds like the two of us will be really happy together, and that all they are waiting on is his security checks to come back. (I called DOS this morning and was told that they are working on it). She told me that it can be anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 or 3 months, but that they do not have a current high incidence of cases taking longer than that. I told her that I have read 7 months or more, and she said currently, that is not the case. She said if a case pends for 6 months, then they have a right to make an official inquiry to Washington for an explanation of what the hold up is. She told me that they check their system twice a day for cases that are "in que" which means they have been sent back with completed security checks, and once his is clear, they will call him to send his passport.

I feel such a relief after talking to her, because now I know exactly what is happening and that we have nothing to worry about as far as denial. We just have to wait for the security checks.

Hope this info helps anyone who is pending from Cairo.

Emily

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
wow Emily! that is great news now you have a time frame now. It's amazing how whenever you feel all the doors have closed; one opens :D

It's always possible that she was calling me "fishing" for bona fides due to our age difference---but it's not THAT much of a gap!!!

And she was nice and all, but I still worry about the AP time frame, these people on here are not just making it up when they say it was one year or 7 months or 8 months.....

What if she was not satisfied with my answers and still denies us?

All of these things go thru my head...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.