~Jackie~

MENA CR1/K3/K1 filers

3,107 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
wow Emily! that is great news now you have a time frame now. It's amazing how whenever you feel all the doors have closed; one opens :D

It's always possible that she was calling me "fishing" for bona fides due to our age difference---but it's not THAT much of a gap!!!

And she was nice and all, but I still worry about the AP time frame, these people on here are not just making it up when they say it was one year or 7 months or 8 months.....

What if she was not satisfied with my answers and still denies us?

All of these things go thru my head...

See you think too much and I know you can't help it :( been there so many times but try leave it at the happy event of the phone of the call and relax. Yes 7 and 8 months has happened to some ppl but most of them and I'm sure most of them didn't get this phone call.

lyrics.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I got more details about the wedding today. You will have to wait for the pictures to see.

I have to tell you all though Waleed says he feels inadequate because his Dad is paying for the wedding. I told him we are both struggling with our Dad's then because I called mine yesterday to discuss the wedding and my graduation and my Dad is giving me nothing but sending his love. I told my Mom that I have to accept that my Dad is doing nothing and he shows his love in other ways and she was so angry she said "and I show my love with money.". I know she is mad my Dad has abandoned me. I try not to think about it that way and she said she was just kidding but I know she is angry about it and feels she is the only one that cares for me which is a burden on her. So Waleed and I both struggle with our Dad's and it is sad. So I told him...cool you be the girl and I be the boy and everything works out fine with us. He liked that. :P

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
I got more details about the wedding today. You will have to wait for the pictures to see.

I have to tell you all though Waleed says he feels inadequate because his Dad is paying for the wedding. I told him we are both struggling with our Dad's then because I called mine yesterday to discuss the wedding and my graduation and my Dad is giving me nothing but sending his love. I told my Mom that I have to accept that my Dad is doing nothing and he shows his love in other ways and she was so angry she said "and I show my love with money.". I know she is mad my Dad has abandoned me. I try not to think about it that way and she said she was just kidding but I know she is angry about it and feels she is the only one that cares for me which is a burden on her. So Waleed and I both struggle with our Dad's and it is sad. So I told him...cool you be the girl and I be the boy and everything works out fine with us. He liked that. :P

I don't know your Dad, but it could be that his refusal to give you money might not have anything to do with you personally. He could just be the type of person who feels insecure spending money (I say that because I am that way). I cringe every time I spend a dollar and if there is no money in my savings account, I just about die. That might not be his case, but it's possible that he has other reasons for not helping you out at this time.

Good luck on the wedding! It sounds like it will be grand! We will want pictures of course! :dance:

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Awww...Olivia...so sorry to hear about your Dad, but I know the wedding party will be wonderful. The details you were giving yesterday reminded me a lot of the wedding party I had when I was in Jordan. My husband bought a suit. We went to this woman, Umm Amar, and paid her like $100 and that covered renting a wedding dress, makeup & hair. And let me tell you, she put so much makeup on me it took a while to remove it. My hair is a little short, so they even added fake hair so I could have an elaborate hairdo! But I tell you I have had the most compliments on those pictures! I will never forget the moment...I had been at the salon ALL day, from like 10 am to about 4 pm. I hadn't seen my SO since 10 and he came to pick me up. The salon was upstairs and I came out and saw him, in his suit, freshly shaven & nice haircut, standing at the end of the stairs looking up at me....gosh I'm going to cry...at that moment I knew it was forever and he was the one. You will never forget this time Olivia so have the best time ever! Mabrook!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Here is a pic of me after the 2 tons of makeup & fake hair :)

2.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

you look like Nancy Arjam! :)

nancy_ajram-021.jpg

Awww....you are so sweet!!! Maybe just in the eyes...its that Arabic eyeliner! :)

When I had my engagement party in Morocco, I put on a little makeup (I don't like too much...) and the women were like: "NO! WE NEED MORE BLUSH!!!!" ........my skin is already pretty red anyway.... so I look like I had a sunburn. Lol.

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

2.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

nancy_ajram-021.jpg

Awww....you are so sweet!!! Maybe just in the eyes...its that Arabic eyeliner! :)

When I had my engagement party in Morocco, I put on a little makeup (I don't like too much...) and the women were like: "NO! WE NEED MORE BLUSH!!!!" ........my skin is already pretty red anyway.... so I look like I had a sunburn. Lol.

That's too funny!!!

Timeline

Beautiful pictures!

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Beautiful Pix! Happy Birthday. It's good to know about the hair extensions. That was a pretty story. I want to be a lovely bride too and we are taking pix in the studio too. I just hope he smiles. He's so serious in all his pictures.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I130/I129F APPROVED May 4, 2009!!!

Vermont is still alive! Blessings to the nice officer I spoke to on the phone at USCIS! He refused to do a service request (but was otherwise polite and very helpful), but looks like he pushed my petitions through!

Six months processing time! It seemed like such a dream that I didn't think I'd ever see an NOA2! The I129F (for K3) has a validation date range on it - is this normal? It expires Sept 4.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

2.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

nancy_ajram-021.jpg

Really nice pictures...you are a very nice looking couple, look perfect together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.